daveindc

New Browns uni coming 2015

Not-so-hidden Nike Swoosh in the mouth of the dog?

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar"

Gotta love marketing-speak, right?

Our updated helmet logo is reflective of today's modern Cleveland - the design honors the past while evolving into the future. The iconic brown and white stripes stand tall over the orange helmet - a new orange color that matches the passion of the Dawg Pound. The new brown facemask represents the strength and toughness of Cleveland.

The dog logo is terrible. I don't know what to say or exactly how I feel about it yet, but I know its terrible. As for the helmet, white would have been better imo, but its not horrible.

This is absolutely insane. They hyped up a facemask change.

This! I bet the new uniforms will be exactly the same, just with the updated orange and, maybe, an orange alternate shorts.

So I am trying to figure out why everyone is so upset.

Is it...

A. The changes themselves?

----A.1 The brown mask?

----A.2 The lack of change?

----A.3 The change to the orange?

B. The amount of hype for almost no change?

If it's "B", I do think it's odd...they could have slapped a brown mask on the helmet and had us chattering during their training camp and/or first pre-season game. They probably did not need to make a big thing of it.

But as someone above pointed out..."phew"

So when we see Oregon State or Oklahoma State take the field this fall, can we say that they're representing the passion of the dog pound?

I give up. I will admit that this could have been much worse, though it could have been much better as well.

Well they at least didn't manage to screw it up with a new terrible logo. Sometimes, status quo is good. At least when the uniforms turn out to be a train wreck, the helmet and logo are basically unchanged.

New facemask? I can live with that.

523552_10152136299465393_1487968607_n1.j

Tip of the hat, Charger. Perfect.

oh crap, the dawg's teeth will be this years Husky Stadium jaws/ OU spokes/ Razorback tooth. Maybe it's on the unis too?

Not-so-hidden Nike Swoosh in the mouth of the dog?

Dog logo is downgrade. But leave it to Cleveland to have worlds most underwhelming logo unveil of all time.

I'm unsure on facemask color, I'll have to see it with everything else, but not terrible

So no new logo? No Silhouette of Mr. Brown logo?

Looking at the word mark, the numbers shouldn't be too garish. It's not a step up, it is almost a lateral move only because they used a generic font for the field last year. If they plan on using the dog to sell merchandise they should have come up with a better way to present it. Will they leave it in the square and add Browns underneath? Are they planning a modified version later on? I'm hoping that's the case. If they put the dog inside an oval it would fir the intent much better than the square does.

Im kind of surprised they still went with the classic helmet, not many guys still wear that helmet design the Riddell VSR-4, wouldn't of been surprised if they redesigned with a more modern helmet.