New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm flabbergasted at the reaction here and on social media. What did everyone really expect?

And of course I'm not surprised by social media's reaction--shows their lack of design knowledge and stupidity... Don't even get me started on the "leaked uniforms" (every freakin' concept found online).

Anywhooo...

This is worth sharing at this point...

My former roommate held a position in the graphics department with NFL Films in the fall/winter of 2013-14.

He told me:

-he was involved with presenting/pitching the NFL's choice for the logo to the browns, through a video

___

-"the logo pitched was not the one chosen

Well... The version that was pitched was a frontal view of the helmet with a face inside it" (his exact words in quotes)

___

-"I wasn't a huge fan but that's what the NFL came up with for the browns"

___

-"There was also a flaming football that looked like an arena league team but they didn't end up pitching that one"

___

I'm pleased with the logo, and it sounds like the Browns ultimately made a wise decision.

I think people are reacting this way because the team set up a date to reveal something that could've been done in a lesser fashion. I think that press release called this a rebrand. Stuff like that builds hype and it didn't deliver.

I'm actually amazed that the NFL's licensing department keeps allowing the Browns to get away with not having a real logo in this day and age. Then again, with how amateurish the "Dawg Pound" logo looks, maybe it's for the best that they didn't even try to get a real logo to call their own.

I will say that the brown facemasks are a masterstroke, though. Now their facemasks won't stick out like a sore thumb and ruin the entire helmet anymore.

I could not agree more!

spacer.png

I'm flabbergasted at the reaction here and on social media. What did everyone really expect?

And of course I'm not surprised by social media's reaction--shows their lack of design knowledge and stupidity... Don't even get me started on the "leaked uniforms" (every freakin' concept found online).

Anywhooo...

My former roommate held a position in the graphics department with NFL Films in the fall/winter of 2013-14.

He told me:

-he was involved with presenting/pitching the NFL's choice for the logo to the browns, through a video

___

Well... The version that was pitched was a frontal view of the helmet with a face inside it" (his exact words in quotes)

___

___

-"There was also a flaming football that looked like an arena league team but they didn't end up pitching that one"

___

I'm pleased with the logo, and it sounds like the Browns ultimately made a wise decision.

I think people are reacting this way because the team set up a date to reveal something that could've been done in a lesser fashion. I think that press release called this a rebrand. Stuff like that builds hype and it didn't deliver.

I can see how most people view it as such.

As a marketing student (and Browns fan) however, nothing they did or said is at all deceiving (or surprising).

To be fair, media/fans that aren't "in-the-know" buy into it and expect what they want--which is almost never just a refresh or recolor.

Just my opinion, either way.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I will say that the brown facemasks are a masterstroke, though. Now their facemasks won't stick out like a sore thumb and ruin the entire helmet anymore.

I agree with this. I was a student at BGSU when they introduced the tapered helmet stripe and brown facemask, and I loved it.

I am curious to see what kind of effects are on the helmet--whether it's a new-finish, sublimation, or texture. Or no effect at all.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Anywhooo...

He told me:

___

___

___

___

I can see how most people view it as such.

As a marketing student (and Browns fan) however, nothing they did or said is at all deceiving (or surprising).

To be fair, media/fans that aren't "in-the-know" buy into it and expect what they want--which is almost never just a refresh or recolor.

Just my opinion, either way.

Oh no doubt, I'm not gonna get on anyone for voicing their opinion, I'm just going by what I saw. This picture is a gag posted earlier by 29Texan. Assuming the message to fans in the first panel is real, they very clearly describe this as a rebrand. That's pretty misleading wouldn't you say?

image_9.jpg

If it doesnt change much, you all complain. If it changes radically, you all complain.

Here's the thing... when you say you're "REBRANDING" the logo, that tends to mean that you're making something completely different. A brown facemask over a grey one doesn't make it any more of a rebrand than drinking Diet Coke over regular Coke means you're drinking healthy.

Although, I hate grey facemasks, so maybe it's not so bad.

10982066_10204900686310369_5518970926056

This makes me laugh because, they could've just put this out in a small press release. It wasn't worthy of a "new logo on this very specific day, get hype" stuff.

The Vikings did something like this a couple years ago.

But they didn't call it a freaking "rebrand".

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

The Vikings did something like this a couple years ago.

But they didn't call it a freaking "rebrand".

And they didn't announce it beforehand. They just put out a "Oh hey, we redid our logo, so here it is next to the old one. They're pretty similar so whatever."

Also, I don't think we got any Nikespeak from the Vikings until the uniforms were unveiled. And it would have been much easier to say nonsense like, "the new sleeker horns reflect Minnesota's icy winters," than "we darkened the orange to represent Cleveland."

OldRomanSig2.jpg

On one hand, I am very happy the helmet didn't receive any absurd changes.

On the other hand, I am extremely bummed out that the Browns didn't use this opportunity to design an actual logo to represent the team. Am I the only one who feels this way?

On the other hand, I am extremely bummed out that the Browns didn't use this opportunity to design an actual logo to represent the team. Am I the only one who feels this way?

I think that is the vocal majority actually. I mean assuming Twitter is to be trusted.

I think that is the vocal majority actually. I mean assuming Twitter is to be trusted.

Yea. That's pretty much how I feel as well...

one less gray facemask in the NFL I am happy about that.

I love the brown facemask I cant believe they hyped this as much as they did or we did... I am still wondering about the uniforms I would not put it past Nike to go with some sort of modern touches which would look awful... I feel a whole lot better about it now though I wish they would have at least made a logo...

Dog logo is downgrade. But leave it to Cleveland to have worlds most underwhelming logo unveil of all time.

I'm unsure on facemask color, I'll have to see it with everything else, but not terrible

How can you be unsure about the facemask it is no different than your Packers having a green facemask which looks great?

Archived