New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

If it doesnt change much, you all complain. If it changes radically, you all complain.

You joined the boards. You are part of the "you all".

The brown facemask is an improvement. Hopefully they don't do anything to weird with the finish on the shell. The word mark font is a big downgrade though. I liked the old collegiate style better.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Underwhelmed? No.

Upset? Yes.

The Browns had an opportunity to be at the forefront. They could have had completely unique, identifiable, unmatched, epic logos. They could have changed the entire face of the franchise. They could have, at least for one day, changed the national perception of the franchise. Instead... They changed the facemask color... same old Browns. Everything that made the Browns the butt of every joke was just perpetuated.

What a waste of everyone's time. This City, especially the Browns fans, are so stuck in the 60's. It has really started to turn off younger fans. We have these old guys in their 60s who are so obsessed with the glory days and it sucks the life and hope out of everyone. AND THIS IS COMING FROM SOMEONE WHO LIKES TRADITIONAL UNIFORMS.

"It could be worse..." is no justification for the changes. Why the f--- would you even say its a new logo? They could have just released this and no one outside of this forum would even notice until OTA's.

Give it time come April the uniforms will still be a mess!

If it doesnt change much, you all complain. If it changes radically, you all complain.

You joined the boards. You are part of the "you all".

The brown facemask is an improvement. Hopefully they don't do anything to weird with the finish on the shell. The word mark font is a big downgrade though. I liked the old collegiate style better.

I prefer gray facemask, but im really excited at how this has gone so far

I'm actually amazed that the NFL's licensing department keeps allowing the Browns to get away with not having a real logo in this day and age. Then again, with how amateurish the "Dawg Pound" logo looks, maybe it's for the best that they didn't even try to get a real logo to call their own.

I will say that the brown facemasks are a masterstroke, though. Now their facemasks won't stick out like a sore thumb and ruin the entire helmet anymore.

25kfine.jpg

nav-logo.png

The Browns have a perfectly good logo right here. They don't have to wear it on their helmet, just put it at midfield and maybe make it a patch on the jerseys. Why have they half-arsed incorporating it for so long?

2tgfj27mexxtg6gt2mhwax6wr.gif

Cleveland still lacks a logo, a unique, identifiable brand that could represent the team off of the field. It could a recolor of the Brownie Elf, or a redesign of the Football with the B in-between stripes (though I'd much prefer a C instead of the "B"), anything. Even if it wasn't a good logo, it would still be a logo and would justify all of this hyping, all of this grand proclamation of "a new identity", when it was hardly a change. I think the recolor and new brown face mask is an upgrade, but I'm just sorta let down that there was so much buzz and hoopla over what proved to be a wildly underwhelming tweak. A short press release would have been just fine for the helmet and logo. I'm not a Browns fan so this isn't crushing or disappointing on a serious level, but still it's a total letdown. The hype did not live up to what was revealed.

Hopefully the uniform change lives up to the hype and is actually an attempt at a real redesign,

ICXC NIKA

Browns president: New uniform will 'move further' than logo

http://www.foxsports.com/ohio/story/cleveland-browns-new-uniforms-new-logos-022415

I am really scared on this when he said the fans allowed us to change the uniforms...

Me too...I am wondering if the fans that were polled are under the age of 21. If so, we better get ready for a massive fail. But then again, in my eyes, if the pants do not have stripes then it is automatically a fail.

spacer.png

I guess I'll clarify my reasons and reactions regarding my thoughts on their release and the final product.

I'm in my final semester of college--Bachelor's of Business Administration in Marketing.

I will say this--a "brand" is more than what Webster's Dictionary says it is--at least in terms of marketing (or in terms of how I've learned).

According to the text for my "Advertising Strategy" class--

-"Making cues and images are what marketing communication delivers to brands"

-"A brand is a basically perception loaded with emotions and feelings"

-“A brand transforms products into something more meaningful than the product itself.”

This part stood out to me the most:

Successful brands:

-Are distinctive

-Create an association

-Offer a benefit

-Carry a heritage

-Are simple

-Are often based on a distinctive graphic: a logo, trademark, character or other visual cue

In posting that, I'm just trying to justify MY reasoning as to why my stance is the way it is.

Yes they said it was a "rebrand." With what I understand about branding, they did rebrand.

They very clearly changed the brand's mark--the helmet--by changing the color orange (which they say "matches the passion of the Dawg Pound") and changing the facemask to brown (which they cite as "represesnting the strength and toughness of Cleveland"). This is a rebrand because they are establishing an association among the city and the logo, using colors as cues. They are trying to establish a "perception loaded with emotions and feelings" as well as trying to "transform [the Browns brand] into something more meaningful than the product itself."

On top of that, they remained similar to previous logos (the helmet) by remaining distinctive--the only team with a blank helmet in the league, and the only team with a helmet acting as the primary logo. The logo still carries heritage. The logo is simple. And it still creates association.

Why ditch the helmet? IT IS THE BROWNS. What do people think of when they see that orange helmet with stripes? They think of the Browns--even if it pains them.

In addition, they have introduced a new Dawg Pound logo. What is the "Dawg Pound?" It's more than just a name for their seating section on one end of the field... It's the name for which Browns fans are affectionately known. The new Dawg Pound logo is new, it is distinct, and it creates association; fans can now use this distinctive character as their own--they are part of the Dawg Pound. This is far more important to Cleveland than people think, in my opinion. If anything, this is the logo fans will love. This is their logo.

And as I normally do now, I will close this by saying I'm not attacking anybody. These are still all my opinions, I'm just clarifying my reasoning for my opinions by using my education to back it up. I'm happy with the results of the rebrand, thus far. The identity is still recognizable to all, and meaningful to fans.

Bless you if you read all that.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

They're not saying boo. They are saying boorown.

I'm saying boorown. I have been wanting a brown facemask for years. Give me a brown top with orange pants to make me a happy boy. I dont like the bright orange. Would have preferred a cream orange.

Archived