The Creamers & The Concepts Hall of Fame

drdougfresh

Really sending me down nostalgia lane with those hall of fame threads! I remember those fondly, really kept me going wanting to make concepts and were always a great inspiration (although I know I haven't been very active the past few years). Great idea to show everyone what a great project truly is. Congratulations!

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Great idea guys. There have been a lot of developments in the last week aimed at improving the quality of concepts here at CCSLC and for that I am very grateful.

Congrats to all the charter members. I look forward to the awards ceremony.

Holy Doodle...

I'm away on holidays, so I've been off the grid for a few days.

I found some wi-fi this morning, logged in and WHAM...

I'm very honoured and very grateful.

This is an ambitious, well thought-out, and so far very well crafted concept.

I'm gonna put the avatar in place when I get home and will be wearing it proudly.

Thanks again guys.

• Like 1

If we want to go old school, AAO, RogerClemente and Discrimihater had some absolute stellar concepts all around in the mid-2000s.

• Like 3
On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

As a bit of a kickoff, we're going to be announcing finalists for the 2013 Creamer Awards in the coming weeks, with the "Awards Show" being held on April 1st. Stay tuned!

Maybe Monica Bisordi can be involved in the awards show that day.

Or you could move it to the next day. Just sayin'.

It's where I sit.

// GUIDELINES //

Recipients of the prestigious Creamer Award will be measured against the following guidelines:

• Quality over Quantity (10 exceptional concepts are better than 95 standard concepts)
  • Original Ideas
  • Deep and Well Rounded (does the concept go above and beyond?)
  • Concept Originated on or near the CCSLC

None of these criteria are impossible by any means, but they will require dedication, innovation, and a certain "x-factor" that is not found commonly in concepts.

// AWARDS //

On an ongoing basis, we will be awarding 6 awards per year:

• Best Overall Concept
  • Best (Individual Sport) Concept
  • Best Concept Series
  • Rookie Of The Year
  • Most Improved
  • Best C&C

I'm gunning for Rookie or Most Improved.

Although, I technically first posted a third kit in August 2013, so maybe not Rookie.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

// GUIDELINES //

Recipients of the prestigious Creamer Award will be measured against the following guidelines:

• Quality over Quantity (10 exceptional concepts are better than 95 standard concepts)
  • Original Ideas

None of these criteria are impossible by any means, but they will require dedication, innovation, and a certain "x-factor" that is not found commonly in concepts.

// AWARDS //

• Best Overall Concept
  • Best Concept Series
  • Rookie Of The Year
  • Most Improved
  • Best C&C

Although, I technically first posted a third kit in August 2013, so maybe not Rookie.

The way The Creamer Academy Awards will be run is that the 2014 Creamer Awards will recognize all the work and activity completed in 2013. Any work completed in this calendar year will be eligible for the 2015 Creamer Awards.

/// Reasoning ///

These awards are not a competition. We don't want people rushing their concepts, trying to sneak in under-the-wire to make the awards. In fact, we're hoping for the exact opposite, that this causes the artists of this forum to slow down and really dive into their concepts. We're trying to recognize the artists and members who go above and beyond, even when there wasn't seemingly an award for it.

// GUIDELINES //

• Original Ideas

// AWARDS //

• Best Overall Concept
  • Best Concept Series
  • Rookie Of The Year
  • Most Improved
  • Best C&C

The way The Creamer Academy Awards will be run is that the 2014 Creamer Awards will recognize all the work and activity completed in 2013. Any work completed in this calendar year will be eligible for the 2015 Creamer Awards.

/// Reasoning ///

These awards are not a competition. We don't want people rushing their concepts, trying to sneak in under-the-wire to make the awards. In fact, we're hoping for the exact opposite, that this causes the artists of this forum to slow down and really dive into their concepts. We're trying to recognize the artists and members who go above and beyond, even when there wasn't seemingly an award for it.

This is also amazing for you guys running this. I mean that's a lot of work to go through most of the well done concepts in 2013. Finding one concept for the Concept of the Year will not only be a lot of searching, but a lot of debate. Kudos to you guys for taking your time out of the day to hold something like this.