The Creamers & The Concepts Hall of Fame

drdougfresh

The way The Creamer Academy Awards will be run is that the 2014 Creamer Awards will recognize all the work and activity completed in 2013. Any work completed in this calendar year will be eligible for the 2015 Creamer Awards.

/// Reasoning ///

These awards are not a competition. We don't want people rushing their concepts, trying to sneak in under-the-wire to make the awards. In fact, we're hoping for the exact opposite, that this causes the artists of this forum to slow down and really dive into their concepts. We're trying to recognize the artists and members who go above and beyond, even when there wasn't seemingly an award for it.

I wasn't trying to sneak in or anything. Just simply stating that I may not qualify for Rookie in this calendar year. Trying to be self-deprecating, but it didn't come through. I'm definitely not worthy of these yet. Which is why I also mentioned Most Improved.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

If we want to go old school, AAO, RogerClemente and Discrimihater had some absolute stellar concepts all around in the mid-2000s.

I second those nominations. Roger and Discrim really kept me motivated and inspired back when I used to do a lot of hockey jersey concepts.

I also second the nomination for Eriq Jaffe and his fonts.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

If we want to go old school, AAO, RogerClemente and Discrimihater had some absolute stellar concepts all around in the mid-2000s.

I second those nominations. Roger and Discrim really kept me motivated and inspired back when I used to do a lot of hockey jersey concepts.

I also second the nomination for Eriq Jaffe and his fonts.

Yeah, there should definitely be a Veterans Committee for all of the pre-2008 concept series that are eligible.

QPR%20Sig.png

As somebody who's been lurking for quite some time, I think this is a really cool idea! A lot of these threads actually motivated me to improve my designs, so it's great to see them being recognized. Congrats guys, and hopefully this influences better quality concepts all around!

xOwzChW.jpg

I love this idea. I'm really looking forward to seeing the results carry over into the concept board. As you said, it's what brought a large majority of people here. Maybe people will start taking more pride in their work and not just cranking out 20 concepts a week.

I think this is such a great thing. The talent level of the designers here, especially the award recipients, is utterly amazing. I always look forward to coming to this site and seeing what new creations and artistry that is on display.

My most humble congratulations to the charter award winners and in my best Wayne and Garth impersonation, "I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy! I suck!!" :notworthy:

Maybe one day they'll add a Best Use Of MS Excel Award then I could be in contention. Outside of that I'll just marvel at everyone else's talents. :D

• Like 1

I'm confused, are the listed people award winners or HOF inductees, and if it's awards then it would be nice to know what award they won. Also the Rookie of the year is kind of confusing, because people join at different times so how do you justify what a rookie is.

I'm confused, are the listed people award winners or HOF inductees, and if it's awards then it would be nice to know what award they won. Also the Rookie of the year is kind of confusing, because people join at different times so how do you justify what a rookie is.

I think it's both

I think it's both

You can see when they join or when their first post was in the concept section. So if they posted their first time in 2013, then up until 2014 I think they'd be considered a rookie.

It's not "just awards." It's a thread and concept dedicated to enshrining and awarding the best of the best. The initial 12 were the starting base that Matt and I felt needed to be enshrined. Going forward, 7 people a year will be selected as winners to join those 12 as winners of The Creamer Award.

The Academy (or Hall of Fame) will be selected by the panel on an annual basis. This will include 3 users and 5 concepts every year, as well as the one member and concept that won Best Concept. Each panel member will nominate their top 10, and we'll use a reverse point system to determine the top 3 members and top 5 concepts for that year's enshrinement. Again, for starters, we've enshrined the recipients of the first Creamer Awards.

If you read the OP, the Academy and Award Winners are spelled out pretty clearly.

• Like 1