National Lacrosse League (NLL) Concepts: Buffalo and Rochester

MrWonka

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minnesota Swarm

So this team wasn't much of a problem to come up with designs. I had a lot of plans for this. My two favorites are shown in the teams set. Instead of doing a special event jersey for them, I just decided to give them two sets basically. The home and away are probably the most conservative out of all the teams I've done, but I figured there needed to be a team like that. The two alternates are fauxback/throwbacks to some of their original jerseys that they wore. I decided to go with the beestick for the main home and road jerseys because it seemed more reliable and timeless compared to the alternates. I'm wondering what you think of these two designs. Do you think they should be switched? Do you love both? Do you hate both? Let me know.

5v3cc1.jpg

w6usyv.jpg

Man, those Swarm designs are sweet.

Thank you.

Oh ok, im on my phone and it doesnt let me enlarge.. Let me save the photo and brighten the backlight haha

Edit: DAMN!!! Wooooo honeycomb everywhere!! Hahaha I want the dark jersey!!

I love that a few of the teams use NHL jerseys(kinda). Also, +1 follower.

Yea I figure for a 3rd sometimes a team should have a jersey that's a bit calmer than the rest. Something to settle the teams overall design down. In this case with the Swarm I almost did the opposite. The alternates are to make the set more of what you'd expect from a lacrosse jersey. The home and away almost are what you wouldn't expect for jerseys from a team named 'Swarm'. Yet at the same time theres something about the jerseys that break the conservative barrier just a tad.

ATTENTION: Honestly, I'm stuck. I'm saving Rochester and Buffalo for the last of the current NLL teams (Something special for that). So far some of the other teams have given me some problems. Mostly i'm blanking on design ideas. If anyone has a request for the next team, speak. I'll work on that team for the next one and sift through all the ideas to make the best possible one.

Just curious, do you plan on doing MLL after this?

I'm gonna say no to this.

1.) Because I have no knowledge of the league at all.

2.) The designs for MLL jersey wise bores me a bit. I could do the designs I do for this and forget about being realistic, but that won't be the same.

Yea I figure for a 3rd sometimes a team should have a jersey that's a bit calmer than the rest. Something to settle the teams overall design down. In this case with the Swarm I almost did the opposite. The alternates are to make the set more of what you'd expect from a lacrosse jersey. The home and away almost are what you wouldn't expect for jerseys from a team named 'Swarm'. Yet at the same time theres something about the jerseys that break the conservative barrier just a tad.

ATTENTION: Honestly, I'm stuck. I'm saving Rochester and Buffalo for the last of the current NLL teams (Something special for that). So far some of the other teams have given me some problems. Mostly i'm blanking on design ideas. If anyone has a request for the next team, speak. I'll work on that team for the next one and sift through all the ideas to make the best possible one.

I really liked the jerseys the Roughnecks used to have (before the switch) with the oil derrick under the arms and the rivets on the jersey trim.

kwaue3ij2retcvzr.jpg

So maybe if you wanted to base it off of that somehow.

IEI5Tg1.png

I really liked the jerseys the Roughnecks used to have (before the switch) with the oil derrick under the arms and the rivets on the jersey trim.

kwaue3ij2retcvzr.jpg

So maybe if you wanted to base it off of that somehow.

I definitely want to do something with that. My first attempt had that incorporated, but I ended up scrapping it because the overall jersey looked off to me.

I can already say. The Toronto Rock will almost look similar with their home and road, however there are minor...sharper changes.

I'm going to play mini golf after I post this, so I'll be excited to see the replies when I get back!

Toronto Rock

For this one, there wasn't too much creativity for the jerseys. The Home and Road set are basically flipped and tweaked versions of their current. I changed the logo so that it's sharper. The only reason I don't think it's great is because it's a similar leaf that you see the hockey team Canada wear. I think with the sharper logo it gives the whole set a sharper and more intimidating feel to it. The smoothed edges on their currents makes the jerseys look so feminine in my honest opinion. The alternate is the only real 100% original idea for the team. I took the 'Rock' nickname and gave it a sharp edge again, but adding almost a rocky landscape to it. The special event might seem weird to some that don't follow the NLL, but their Hawaiian jersey night has always been an iconic jersey for me since I've been following the league. It's almost like a tradition. They need to wear it atleast once. Why they started it? I don't know, but I like it, so I kept it!!

zx8sr7.jpg

11cb3nk.jpg

I like how the leaf on the arms doubles as a continuation of the leaf on the body as well as its own leaf. It does look etter this way as a person who doesnt know a thing about the NLL wouldnt be able to tell that it was a leaf striping.

Archived