National Lacrosse League (NLL) Concepts: Buffalo and Rochester

MrWonka

I like how the leaf on the arms doubles as a continuation of the leaf on the body as well as its own leaf. It does look etter this way as a person who doesnt know a thing about the NLL wouldnt be able to tell that it was a leaf striping.

That's one real reason why I wanted to change it. I remember when I was 9 getting into the NLL. I remember seeing their game and thinking "What the hell is that design?" I finally realized later, but still. It's probably the most iconic jerseys as an NLL fan, but at the same time I really don't like them because of the roundness of the leaf. Like I said, i don't feel as strong because it's the same leaf design (almost) like the Canadian Hockey team uses, but at the same time I think it fits the design I wanted.

I'm going to play mini golf after I post this, so I'll be excited to see the replies when I get back!

Toronto Rock

For this one, there wasn't too much creativity for the jerseys. The Home and Road set are basically flipped and tweaked versions of their current. I changed the logo so that it's sharper. The only reason I don't think it's great is because it's a similar leaf that you see the hockey team Canada wear. I think with the sharper logo it gives the whole set a sharper and more intimidating feel to it. The smoothed edges on their currents makes the jerseys look so feminine in my honest opinion. The alternate is the only real 100% original idea for the team. I took the 'Rock' nickname and gave it a sharp edge again, but adding almost a rocky landscape to it. The special event might seem weird to some that don't follow the NLL, but their Hawaiian jersey night has always been an iconic jersey for me since I've been following the league. It's almost like a tradition. They need to wear it atleast once. Why they started it? I don't know, but I like it, so I kept it!!

zx8sr7.jpg

11cb3nk.jpg

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just thought for the Alternate - because I'm not feeling the rough terrain thing so much - the name was chosen as in relation to music. Maybe have to musical notes with a staff as the striping? Kind of a tribute to the original jerseys.

I just thought for the Alternate - because I'm not feeling the rough terrain thing so much - the name was chosen as in relation to music. Maybe have to musical notes with a staff as the striping? Kind of a tribute to the original jerseys.

Alternates edited: Good catch, hope I made the idea justice after looking at the uniforms you were talking about.

29pvwvn.jpg

That music alt. Go big or go home.

6772.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

YESS!! haha holy gradients!! Only one minor problem, Staff's have 5 lines, but other than that, its perfect.

I'm not the best designer, but let me try to remake that old logo or clean it up of something

YESS!! haha holy gradients!! Only one minor problem, Staff's have 5 lines, but other than that, its perfect.

I'm not the best designer, but let me try to remake that old logo or clean it up of something

Wow, I'm an idiot..... and it's not like I just guessed. I had a reference image opened up so I could get the details right. FAILED.

That would be awesome if you could draw the logo.

Another edit to Toronto's Alternate jersey. Thanks to 1clkgtramg for the logo. He re did the logo above and did a phenomenal job with such a low quality image.

2s65yjr.jpg

Here is the full sized logo:

idaw7t.jpg

Logo by: 1clkgtramg

Calgary Roughnecks

This team's design took a couple different directions until I settled on the whole set. The alternate was the original away jersey and there was a white home based off of it. After having no real resolution to make the design work on a white jersey I decided to scrap the white jersey idea, but keep the jersey as the away to just have a different home and road set. I was going to make a different white jersey (which is the result below) and the dark jersey of that (which is the road below) the alternate so I could keep my original dark jersey the away one (if that made any sense). The first of the series is Armed Forces Night. Taking place with a Canadian team I did my research before hand. I believe I got the right camo and sleeve badge for an Admiral on the shoulders. Basically this design is a loose fauxback for the team, but still gives them a sharp look. The Alternate gives the team the more crazy out of the box double toned jersey look. I think it all really goes well together. My only gripe with uploading this is maybe I overkilled the 'bolt' pattern for the metal design. Tell me what you think. I need more eyes on it.

1huj2w.jpg

29vjbkn.jpg

Eeew this whole thread sucks!!! :D

I love the Home and Away's. simple Thrashers-esque design, but I still like it! Still not feeling the alternate, but I don't have to like everything haha. And I do believe you have the camo spot on there!

Wonka, you have made me drop my candy here. This thread is BEAUTIFUL. Every uniform looks fantastic, and I can't wait for the rest of the teams.

My oompa-loompas spent an awful lot of time on that candy. You're lucky I don't banish you from the thread, sir!

Archived