National Lacrosse League (NLL) Concepts: Buffalo and Rochester

MrWonka

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely love everything about this thread! The designs are spectacular! Can't wait for the Bandits!

For being the 100th Reply, you get the bragging rights for having the 100th Reply, congrats!!!

But in all seriousness thank you, and to everyone that has been following along. This has been my favorite string of concepts I've done in a while. Can't wait to continue and finish this series someday. I have something big planned once I get the Vancouver Stealth out of the way.

I'll give you one of the things I'm planning. All-Star game break before I finish the current league.

Then the last two teams - Rochester and Buffalo.....something special.

I love your concept, but for some reason I don't like that Roughnecks logo, it seems... cheesy.

Thats their logo, he already said the chances of changing logos were slim. A lot of Lax logos are cheesy anyways, the jerseys are out there, it works well.

I love your concept, but for some reason I don't like that Roughnecks logo, it seems... cheesy.

Thats their logo, he already said the chances of changing logos were slim. A lot of Lax logos are cheesy anyways, the jerseys are out there, it works well.

Looking at some of the Defunct teams, a lot of their logos were similar to the Roughnecks one too. Very cheesy. I should make a team from Green Bay and make the logo really cheesy .

Just to let everyone know. I know the logo isn't amazing, I know it's not anything to have tears for, but I didn't want to take much too much time on it because it's not something big I want to put much time in. The All-Star game in the NLL barely has any hype to it, so it's not a big thing to even worry about honestly. I took my first crack at something, ended up liking it. Don't expect changes because I'm moving past this once I post!

ccddbfb3222cad7b920cc758473ef315.png

wk1eg7.jpg

Probably one of my weaker posts on this site. I'm still not ashamed of it though. I just needed a break from thinking of team designs! Hope this is a nice break for you all too! haha.

Probably the cleanest All Star Jerseys in any sport in a long time haha, ironic that its in the NLL. One problem, maybe the Star should be on the East on the East Jersey and vice versa for the West? LOL, sorry, I know you aren't touching it, but it was the first thing I noticed.

Probably the cleanest All Star Jerseys in any sport in a long time haha, ironic that its in the NLL. One problem, maybe the Star should be on the East on the East Jersey and vice versa for the West? LOL, sorry, I know you aren't touching it, but it was the first thing I noticed.

Well dammit. Haha, I made sure those details were in the logos then totally forgot. Like the lighter side of the shield is on the right direction, but the shadows are also going in that direction. So I wanted everything going in that direction and the jerseys I totally blanked haha. Damn.

oh and wouldnt the star outline on the west be purple and the inside be white? :P

I actually kept that dark so it was totally a dark jersey compared to the lighter (white/home) East jersey. All in all this was done very quickly. In a day or so I'll probably be annoyed seeing it.

I am really liking this thread. I'm much of a lacrosse fan, even though we have the current WLA champions Victoria Shamrocks playing here. There are some nice kits being turned out, can tell they aren't being rushed and thought through. Btw, nice All-Star logo..simple us good :)

I am really liking this thread. I'm much of a lacrosse fan, even though we have the current WLA champions Victoria Shamrocks playing here. There are some nice kits being turned out, can tell they aren't being rushed and thought through. Btw, nice All-Star logo..simple us good :)

I'm someone who will not put out work that doesn't satisfy me. I could go months without uploading something on this thread. If I don't have something I like or love, I'm not putting it up. My NHL Redesign thread has been dead at many points, but now and then I'll bring it back to life because I had one alternate jersey for a team I liked. I'm one of the few on these boards now that actually cares about what's posted. Thank you for the kind words, hope you stick around!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Whatever happened with this? I was hoping to see what was in store for Buffalo.

Oh no, someone caught me. Basically what happened was I lost interest and incentive. Vancouver was one that I lost interest in at the time. I hope to finish this in the future but I have no real plans right now. It's weird because I was having so much fun and a blast doing this at the time and so close to finishing the current NLL but I just completely lost interest.

• 7 months later...

Today I close out a series that is well overdue. I will finish off the two teams that at the current time of this thread was the final two teams (yes I know there is a new team). Simple enough, the reason was due to me not really having any incentive to design lacrosse jerseys. I was not feeling it at the time. I had a little kick to do these teams, but don't expect any other updates from this point on. Please, as always leave your thoughts. Love to know what people think about designs that I'm not even sure of.

Rochester always seems to roll out a nice traditional jersey set with some crazy designs here and there. I try and mash the two together giving a nice sleek jersey but with traditional elements.

Rochester Knighthawks

Rochester.png

Buffalo Bandits

My hometown team. My favorite team. I was always a fan of their older looks. Their most recent doesn't fit my bill. However, I do like some of the elements on the new jersey. I try and mashup really, every era of Bandits jerseys into one set. I like it, do you?

Bandits.png

This leads us to the final images. The special event jerseys for the teams. The special event of the year for the NLL. Like the NHL, they take their chances on an outdoor game. You might be thinking .."and outdoor game, like the MLL". No silly, take the box game outdoors in the cold and battle it out in the elements. Lacrosse in snow? Well let's just say we worked it out in our imaginations that the field has a heated surface which the snow will melt. Will it still be a different surface? Sure, but you have to battle through that.

This game would be played on the first game of the regular season. Early January at night to get the rival Buffalo and Rochester crowd pumped.

Outdoor2.png

Outdoor.png

For those that followed the series during it's high time I thank you and hope you see this conclusions. For those who haven't seen the beginning of this may I urge you to check out the rest? It was a fun series for me to start. It got me out of my comfort zone and I think it was something different for the boards to see. I'm just happy I finally finished it, I never have to have that thought run through my mind anymore. Hoped you all enjoyed. Goodnight.

Archived