New VCU logo and marks

Burkell007

I had a thought that the full body ram looks like its wearing longsleeves and pants. Almost like a suit. And now I can't unsee it.

But the Horn-V and Ram head shield are pretty dang sharp.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

A+

solid overall, but I HATE the mixed fonts in the VCU lettermarks...the C is Berthold City, but the other letters aren't - the S in the RAMS wordmark is also different from the other letters. These inconsistencies make this appear very amateur...of course, the old logo was worse :)

love the horn V, love the shield, like the full body, like the idea of all of the wordmarks/lettermarks, just don't love the execution with multiple fonts

Looks like the same font to me, only with some customization performed on the other letters and the C relatively untouched.

A+

solid overall, but I HATE the mixed fonts in the VCU lettermarks...the C is Berthold City, but the other letters aren't - the S in the RAMS wordmark is also different from the other letters. These inconsistencies make this appear very amateur...of course, the old logo was worse :)

love the horn V, love the shield, like the full body, like the idea of all of the wordmarks/lettermarks, just don't love the execution with multiple fonts

Looks like the same font to me, only with some customization performed on the other letters and the C relatively untouched.

the V and U could certainly be berthold city bold, but the fact that the serif's are so different between the letters clearly makes them appear to be a different font, and in my opinion brings what would otherwise be a beautiful look down to something that's just ok

jldesigns404eo.png

Nice update!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Waitin' for the new logos to hit the mothership...something tells me that'll happen once we get a PDF.

ESPN and CBS have started to use the new logos online and on TV. Yahoo still uses old logos online, they haven't even changed UConn yet.

JeKhnr9.png

I'm fairly certain last year going into the tourney VCU rolled out a new uni. Could it happen again with a new identity? I'd personally like Creighton to get something going with their new looks.

I think they just got new warmups in the tourney last year. When these new logos were unveiled, they got new warmups then, too. There may be something new like that, but I wouldn't expect to see new uniforms until next season.

Archived