Sign in to follow this  
Darth Brooks

Couple of Madden concepts

Now that the Madden contest is closed (March 7th was the last day) I figure it's safe to compare concepts.

I did eight that were modernized defuct NFL teams, off shoots from this thread http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/96654-updating-defunct-nfl-teams/#entry2150712 but I also did two unique concepts.

Toronto Lumberjacks

sJNgMY9.jpg

Memphis Blues

ONpkP2r.jpg

I tried Toronto without the little "t" but it just didn't work as well. I'm also not super happy with the Toronto uniforms. It's hard to do a wood grain pattern without it devolving into camo.

I like how the unis on Memphis turned out. The notes on the logo are from "Memphis Blues" by W.C. Handy. C&C is welcome.

I dig your Toronto concept. It's nice to see a brown and gold concept. Good work.

Everything is solid except the Brush font used for Memphis...change that font and letter font and you'd be good.

Both are pretty sweet and would be great in Madden. My only "knock" would be to not use the font Brush Script in the Memphis Blues...such an overused font.

Toronto's axehandle is pretty massive, but the woodgrain in the shoulders is top notch.

I'm not a huge fan of the Brush Script in Memphis, but the concept/color/design is pretty great!

Nice work!