(now random) Alternate Helmet Series

STL_ArchMadness

ok sorry i have been gone so long. Here is the edited Stanford helmet

the "striping" pics dont represent the whole skin of the helmet, but more like the back and front. So the trees wouldn't go straight up along the helmet, but would wrap around it. So the trees are pointing up at every angle

this is kind of a better look

e5iwlt.png

2dwds8l.png

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

up next, is jersey University, the Oregon "fighting" ducks

Oregon:

so you guys probably remember a few years ago Oregon used "Fighting Ducks" jerseys for one game. I personally loved these unis. I couldn't find a vector of the Duck logo so i had to make one, and then i put it on the helmet. This is a matte helmet, and i think it would be a nice, simple look for one of Oregon's combos. This is another helmet that would need it's own alternate jersey

but i cant decide which one i like more, so you guys decide white or green?

21et21k.png

striping - e0li68.png

2zfs800.png

striping - 2079q8h.png

Green. And try adding an arched eyebrow thingy (I know that probably makes no sense), that would really give the logo a "I'm a 1960's logo and I'm always angry for some reason" feel.

I like green better but I'm not sold on the black mask

Green, but change the black facemask.

ok, but what color do you think would work better? i thought the black worked because of the black in the logo, and i thought about yellow but i thought it might be too flashy for this kind of "contemporary" helmet

ok, sorry i have been gone for so long, but here are the 4 remaining SEC helmets....

Texas A&M:

i created this helmet to better go with their current uniforms. It's pretty close to their current "Maroon" helmets, but i added the stripes, added the unofficial star logo, and made the facemask white (sorry, i am a guy that hates grey facemasks)

1zobus4.png

striping - zl6d0o.png

I actually like the striping but the star logo doesn't work for me. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that it already has been phased out by the university. A&M doesn't lend it self to any alternate logos with its current logo set so it definitely was the best option you had to choose from without just slapping the aTm on the helmet.

Texas A&M

I actually like the striping but the star logo doesn't work for me. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that it already has been phased out by the university. A&M doesn't lend it self to any alternate logos with its current logo set so it definitely was the best option you had to choose from without just slapping the aTm on the helmet.

thanks for the feedback. And ya you pretty much said everything that i thought about when making this. I didn't want to just put the aTm helmet on there considering they already have like 4 versions of that curently

ok, sorry i have been gone for so long, but here are the 4 remaining SEC helmets....

Texas A&M:

i created this helmet to better go with their current uniforms. It's pretty close to their current "Maroon" helmets, but i added the stripes, added the unofficial star logo, and made the facemask white (sorry, i am a guy that hates grey facemasks)

1zobus4.png

striping - zl6d0o.png

I love it. I think the homage to the Lone Star State makes it great.

thank you everyone for your feedback, I decided to go with the white for Oregon

244bnnc.png

but up next is

Washington:

nothing to special, a matte helmet with a large, gold version of their alternate logo. Parden me is Washington doesn't use this logo anymore, lol it seems like all Universities has abandoned their alternates

2pzgx6u.png

striping - mh47k.png

I love the husky logo. It really shows the team spirit and not just the letter W.

thanks for the feedback

I like it! I tried something similar with my Washington concepts. White lid with oversized husky logo

Washingtonall_zps76345a05.jpg

those are sweet! thanks

but up next is...

U of Arizona:

this is pretty self-explanatory. The stripes from the flag look a little weir, they are supposed to be straighter, but i could do it from that angle, so the back represents it a lot better. And the 14 in the star is each players number. So for instance, Kadeem Carey's helmet would have a 25 in the star

2enb3uv.png

striping - 2n04vna.png

Archived