Las Vegas Flying Aces - Possible NBA Team

hettinger_rl

I saw an image of an old G&S skateboard sticker for their flying ace series and it looked so much like a sports logo I had to try something with it. The name Flying Aces would work perfectly for a LV team; there's the obvious connection to cards, but also the connection to it being an Air Force town.

The logo I've put together would be a secondary as I'm still trying to figure out how to make a Primary look like the skateboard sticker, but not rip it off. I'm not sure if the brand is defunct or not, but either way it is still someone else's design. C&C appreciated.

zkqrzn.jpg2livklg.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

it screams "ANGELS" more than it does "ACES"

I hadn't considered that. I figured that it would be too Phila Flyers. Would a context change help? As in; if this were seen along with the rest of the set then the Aces connection could be made?

Maybe throw an actual ace in there somewhere :P maybe its the wings getting pinched before the A thats making it look like wings?

Well there is supposed to be a wing in there, for flying aces. I trying to get the look of 1940s style pilot's wings.

Archived