Which rebrands were most talked about here?

csura999

I'm not sure where to post this, but which rebrands got people to talk about them the most? I remember people saying when the Cavs rebranded in 2003, that the board had issues I believe. Lol.

The Buccaneers have to be right up there as well with their recent rebrand.

I promise you, if the Eagles changed to Kelly Green, the board would be down for days.

I would say only one of the untouchables would have that effect. Unfortunately the Eagles don't have that, but I'd say if Green Bay did, chaos would tear the boards apart. The Eagles would be like the Dallas Stars in terms of insanity.

Seeing as how football is way more popular than hockey, it will have a much greater effect, however the Eagles changing for the first time in 20 years to a color scheme that is beloved, would be pretty high up there.

I think the Buffaslug took down the boards for a little bit.

Bills was also big. Something about buffalolo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think the Buffaslug took down the boards for a little bit.

Bills was also big. Something about buffalolo.

The Buffaslug was the one that I remember as a monumental circus that choked the foundation of the board.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Buffaslug is the one I remember the most. It was also the first major rebrand that I encountered as a member of this board. Just the fact that we still use the term 'Buffaslug' shows how monumental of a moment it was for the community. The Blue Jays rebrand probably got the most positive talk I've seen in my time here.

Cardinals logo update was most positive I recall though blue jays was up there.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The edge rollout in 2007 was pretty intense because almost an entire league released new uniforms within like a week of each other. It was like we were getting a new NHL uniform every day. Even the traditional teams that didn't change there was something to talk about with how their jersey looked on the new template.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I promise you, if the Eagles changed to Kelly Green, the board would be down for days.

I would say only one of the untouchables would have that effect. Unfortunately the Eagles don't have that, but I'd say if Green Bay did, chaos would tear the boards apart. The Eagles would be like the Dallas Stars in terms of insanity.

Seeing as how football is way more popular than hockey, it will have a much greater effect, however the Eagles changing for the first time in 20 years to a color scheme that is beloved, would be pretty high up there.

Hockey's pretty popular here.

The Bucs rebrand is the only one I can remember in which I paid attention to. I kinda-sorta lurked around the Phins, Jags, and Vikes unveilings as well as the Seahawks but didn't really follow them as closely. I remember seeing the helmet new Bucs being posted, maybe a comment or two about it, leaving for about an hour, and seeing there was about a dozen unread pages. That increased by morning.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Hockey's pretty popular here.

Yeah, hockey seems to be the top sport around these parts.

I don't remember which rebrand was most talked about but, and I don't know if this counts, Nike taking over the NFL contract had to be up there, right?

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived