NFL Throwbacks (49ers, Titans, and Redskins Added)(Complete)

Djruggs

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Denver is hard to do. You don't just skip a team because you don't like them, look at all the Patriots concepts there are. :P

While I recognize the joke, I don't mind Denver and I hate the patriots, but the fact of the matter is that New England has used the shell that they currently use before their current set and Denver hasn't

Yeah, I know. Denver is impossible to stay true to the idea of using only one helmet and using both the current colours and throwback colours to full accuracy. As for the Lions concept, the helmet logo looks to small. Otherwise great work here.

If you're basing the Dolphins' uniforms on what they wore in the 60s and 70s I'd thicken up that orange trim on the numbers. The uniforms back then had a thicker trim than what you have there. Also, the TV numbers were on the sleeve rather than on top of the shoulder. There's no issue I can see with the Vikings' uniforms.

If you're basing the Dolphins' uniforms on what they wore in the 60s and 70s I'd thicken up that orange trim on the numbers. The uniforms back then had a thicker trim than what you have there. Also, the TV numbers were on the sleeve rather than on top of the shoulder. There's no issue I can see with the Vikings' uniforms.

Unfortunately, there is no way to have both the stripes and TV numbers on the sleeves with Nike's cuts of jerseys.

Unfortunately, there is no way to have both the stripes and TV numbers on the sleeves with Nike's cuts of jerseys.

When the Fins had the throwback game on Thanksgiving in '03, they moved the TV numbers to the shoulders, so I think your design works.

51659771d54da300b94717c022f70ee02a1b95a6

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

vXX96Gl.png

This is nice work, but as a Vikings fan I'm a little disappointed you decided to go with the 70's roads. The UCLA style shoulder loops always look like complete crap on a modern template. Plus, my all-time favorite Viking uniform is the 60's uniform (home or road, both are great) which has never been accurately thrown back to.

131104113536-joe-kapp-nlc-02787-single-i

minbrown.jpg

As I stated in the beginning, I already had about half of them made before I started, and I just finished, my question to you is: Should I keep releasing them 2 per day? or should I post the rest now?

As stated in the original post, I am doing throwbacks that haven't been done and the NW Striped jerseys have been done.

I get it. I just want to be obsessive and point out that while, yes, there has been a throwback version of a Vikings jersey with northwestern stripes, that particular version was of the 70's uniform which had gold outlines on the NW stripes but not on the numbers. For that reason, that jersey looked unbalanced to me. So if you did the 60's version, you would technically still be doing a throwback that hadn't been done (at least not since the 75th anniversary uniforms).

Archived