BMO Field

Jer15

The plans have been released.

Long story short MLSE was told that they had to include the Argos in any modification/expansion plans to BMO. The city would simply not allow anything to be done without the inclusion of the Argos.

I can't see MLSE not purchasing the Argos at this point but that's another topic.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

To me, the plans don't look like they include room for a full CFL field.

Page 6 my friend.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

My bad. I just went straight from the bottom up and assumed the final model was permanent seating and not retractable.

no worries at all.

So it looks like there will be no endzone seating of any kind. Interesting.

that's exactly correct. I had always wondered where they thought they would put end zone seating as the road on the south side and the food building on the north side are in the way. Sometimes the easiest answer is right there and you can't see it, lol.

Well it's looking like they have a nice size upgrade ahead of themselves of BMO Field. Why is the Argos involved in the upgrades? Are the Argos planning on leaving the SkyDome to play at BMO?

I like the addition of the roofing structure and upgrades to the pitch (hybrid).

When are upgrades suppose to start? completion date?

So it looks like there will be no endzone seating of any kind. Interesting.

While the renovation/expansion calls for no permanent endzone seating for the Argonauts' configuration of BMO Field, plans call for temporary seating to be erected in front of the food building and out over Princes' Boulevard for high-capacity events, including the Grey Cup. This being the case, one supposes that said temporary seating could also be used for occasional high-profile regular-season Argos games (i.e Canada Day weekend, Labour Day Classic, Thanksgiving Day Classic) that could - theoretically - draw in excess of 25,000 fans.

Well it's looking like they have a nice size upgrade ahead of themselves of BMO Field. Why is the Argos involved in the upgrades? Are the Argos planning on leaving the SkyDome to play at BMO?

The Blue Jays want to put in real grass. Which pretty much means the conversion process from a baseball diamond to a football field is no longer possible.

Anyway I'm in favour of this. I know the TFC faithful are peeved at losing the soccer specific nature of BMO Field, and I understand that. Still, the Argos are a pro football institution. Big picture? This is the right move. Here's hoping MLSE buys them. One more thing working against the NFL in Toronto can only be a good thing :D

The Blue Jays want to put in real grass. Which pretty much means the conversion process from a baseball diamond to a football field is no longer possible.

Anyway I'm in favour of this. I know the TFC faithful are peeved at losing the soccer specific nature of BMO Field, and I understand that. Still, the Argos are a pro football institution. Big picture? This is the right move. Here's hoping MLSE buys them. One more thing working against the NFL in Toronto can only be a good thing :D

So no more football at Rogers Centre at all? So the Bills Toronto series is basically done or shoved into the 40,000 special event configuration at the renovated BMO field? That's gonna be a mess either way.

Well the Bills in Toronto season has been "suspend" if I'm not mistaken. It might be doable for a once a year event but grass for the Jays pretty much means that the Rogers Centre's days as a multipurpose stadium are done.

One more thing working against the NFL in Toronto can only be a good thing :D

Of course, there are those who are convinced that MLSE purchasing and strengthening the Argonauts is all part of Tim Leiweke's plan to prove to Roger Goodell-and-Company that he is capable of successfully establishing a National Football League franchise in Toronto.

Frankly, the person who is probably most convinced is Leiweke himself.

Maybe they can make it big enough for a Heritage Classic

That is part of the plan for the 40,000 seat configuration (TFC configuration with temp seating) also that same configuration would be used for Grey Cup, MLS Cup and, any major national soccer events. (Check out page 7 for the details on that)

Well the Bills in Toronto season has been "suspend" if I'm not mistaken. It might be doable for a once a year event but grass for the Jays pretty much means that the Rogers Centre's days as a multipurpose stadium are done.

In addition to Mike's point (side note, is it weird to use your actual name?...EVEN funnier note, just listening to BAGS and you just said "oh no nigga!" as part of your Einstien explanation...amazing timing) the Bills series games, should it resume in 2015, takes place during the Jay's off season. Generally the Bills play in TO in December.

So Toronto FC like the Vancouver Whitecaps will share a stadium with a CFL team

Probably only if MLSE buys the Argos and feel the need to move the team from the Rogers Centre. And the CFL plan's probably only just in case anyway

Probably only if MLSE buys the Argos and feel the need to move the team from the Rogers Centre. And the CFL plan's probably only just in case anyway

The Argos are out of the Roger's Centre by 2017. The Jays have told them this already. I doubt they are going anywhere else.

The Argos are out of the Roger's Centre by 2017. The Jays have told them this already. I doubt they are going anywhere else.

Ah, missed that piece of information, so it does seem that way I guess.

In addition to Mike's point (side note, is it weird to use your actual name?...EVEN funnier note, just listening to BAGS and you just said "oh no nigga!" as part of your Einstien explanation...amazing timing)

Not at all. If I didn't want people to know my name I wouldn't have used it. I'd have gone on with my tried and true alias: Maxamillian Devonshire!

And thanks for that :D it kind of just slipped out as we were recording and I was like "did I just say that?!?!?"

the Bills series games, should it resume in 2015, takes place during the Jay's off season. Generally the Bills play in TO in December.

I'm curious to see how grass affects the reconfiguration for the NFL games. It may not be much of a hassle at all or it could be such a headache they say "we're not doing this again."

Archived