mgdmhl

East Carolina University Pirates Update Logos

The forward tilt of the hat looks better, and the eye looks angrier but the mouth looks worse. Less teeth is better but the mouth is off to the side now. The old wordmark was more edgy and better in my mind. Seems like small alterations that most people won't notice anyway. I wouldn't if you hadn't placed them side by side.

I think the new wordmark is better (seems similar to San Diego State's font). The old wordmark seemed dated. Other than that, I echo what jaha32 said.

The new eyes look surprised, like he's shocked another Pirates of the Caribbean movie got greenlit.

And now the old ones seem to express satisfaction when side by side.

Both wordmarks suck; the logo is a downgrade.

Between this and the Bucs 2014 is already proving a bad year for minor changes to pirate themed logos that make them markedly worse

honestly the new one could would seem like it would pass for an old wordmark and the vice versa on the old

Meh I liked the crossbones below the skull.

I personally prefer the old one, especially with the state outline logo. It looks more aggressive. The new one's mouth bothers me bad. I know the term clip-art gets thrown out a lot on here, but that's the best way I can describe this.

I never liked the old wordmark, but the new one is pretty boring in my opinion. The mouth to the side of the head also bothers me. It's got a more cartoonish quality to it now.

Like all the changes except for the skull...looks too cartoonish.

Has anybody checked to see if Clint Eastwood is still alive? I could swear they modeled the skull/clenched jaw after what I'd imagine his to look like.