Madden Fan Contest Deadline Extended

joshlooman

Am I the only one that felt a lot of these were pretty bad? I can understand that the jerseys were limited to templates, but some of the logos just made no sense. Maybe I'm just in a mood but the comments bugged the hell out of me too, someone tell me they arent real comments lmfao. Also, why would a team in Toronto be called the Mounties? The RCMP polices every province except Ontario and Quebec.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah I agreed with what you just said. I thought OKC Bison logo was bad..... how did the Madden people chose such of all logos they got in submits and yet chose the errr.... well, rough designs while anyone in here have done better than these?

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

Looking over all the teams it seems like a lot of uniform designs are pulled from older nike templates, such as the diamond plate shoulder look as well as the flywire(?) Wings on the shoulder - both older Oregon styles.

Disappointingly, I don't see my name or any of my designs in the screens, despite being notified I had a winning entry, but it seems like derschwigg(assumedly) made a killing, I hope you get a copy of the game for each uniform, lol.

Am I the only one that felt a lot of these were pretty bad? I can understand that the jerseys were limited to templates, but some of the logos just made no sense. Maybe I'm just in a mood but the comments bugged the hell out of me too, someone tell me they arent real comments lmfao. Also, why would a team in Toronto be called the Mounties? The RCMP polices every province except Ontario and Quebec.

I'm thinking of making a template out of these and using it for the designs I submitted. I just want to know if the designs are that bad or if the template making them all look bad.

I see they are still pushing the Seattle Seahawks design. Man the create a team mode in the earlier games and moving cities used to be so much better. Granted it seems everything in the 2004-05 Maddens were so much better. It's cool seeing some logos that were posted here in a game though, however, not a fan of a lot of them. Oh well, I won't be buying the game anyways.

I don't see why its so difficult, maybe its because this route offers more money for EA, but the FIFA games had the option to upload an image that you made to the game and you could also use the jersey templates. Now it wasnt that good, but you could ultimately design whatever you wanted and have it in the game. Does madden not do this? Cause it seems like either Madden fans have poor taste, have never been to these boards or its being pushed by the company. After about the 4th team, I saw every template so the creativity level was nile. But I'm with Wonka, I don't play Madden anymore, my interest for it is in the past.

I don't see why its so difficult, maybe its because this route offers more money for EA, but the FIFA games had the option to upload an image that you made to the game and you could also use the jersey templates. Now it wasnt that good, but you could ultimately design whatever you wanted and have it in the game. Does madden not do this? Cause it seems like either Madden fans have poor taste, have never been to these boards or its being pushed by the company. After about the 4th team, I saw every template so the creativity level was nile. But I'm with Wonka, I don't play Madden anymore, my interest for it is in the past.

Ever play NCAA football games? They had the TeamBuilder online which was awesome. Not only could you upload your logo but they had hundreds of different uniform combinations you could pick. I would ultimately like a game to customize everything, but that TeamBuilder was next to perfect.

Lol some one with a subtle shot at Seattle:

4mgNf5d.png

What shot is being made at Seattle? That they have the best NFL uniforms?? Oh snap! Take that Seattle!

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The problem is that even FIFA's turned into a stupid cash grab as well. Now you can't even access the site unless you purchase the game (which sucks for me. Since I don't own a console, I used to always do it with my account and then upload them on a friend's game so we could play with the teams), and you can only upload teams into FIFA 14. If a player who owns FIFA 13 uses it, their file won't work, and if they edit a team that they already created, the file gets converted into a 14 file automatically, and they can't use that team anymore. Basically, EA is just lazy (I mean, the hoops that designers had to jump through to get into the game were so freaking complicated) and money hungry, there's a reason why people ranked it as the worst company in America in 2012 and 2013.

I'd love to see Madden use a teambuilder style system, but I can't see it happening.

What shot is being made at Seattle? That they have the best NFL uniforms?? Oh snap! Take that Seattle!

I believe that he's referring to the fact that the team is from Oklahoma City, has a similar name, and wears the uniform style. In the context of the relationship those two cities have in sports, particularly in the NBA with the whole Thunder-Sonics deal, I could see where someone might find a dig. (That's at least what I'm thinking he means).

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Ever play NCAA football games? They had the TeamBuilder online which was awesome. Not only could you upload your logo but they had hundreds of different uniform combinations you could pick. I would ultimately like a game to customize everything, but that TeamBuilder was next to perfect.

Which NCAA game would you recommend I get? I have been thinking about it for years but the "Player 3" on the back thing drove me crazy.

The problem is that even FIFA's turned into a stupid cash grab as well. Now you can't even access the site unless you purchase the game (which sucks for me. Since I don't own a console, I used to always do it with my account and then upload them on a friend's game so we could play with the teams), and you can only upload teams into FIFA 14. If a player who owns FIFA 13 uses it, their file won't work, and if they edit a team that they already created, the file gets converted into a 14 file automatically, and they can't use that team anymore. Basically, EA is just lazy (I mean, the hoops that designers had to jump through to get into the game were so freaking complicated) and money hungry, there's a reason why people ranked it as the worst company in America in 2012 and 2013.

I'd love to see Madden use a teambuilder style system, but I can't see it happening.

Yea I thought something was up. I bought Fifa 13 in August 2013, made about 10 teams. Came back after 14 was released, couldn't access a damn thing. It's a real shame, this is why I don't even touch any EA sports games anymore, minimal updates, the price only goes up and up, used copies are more expensive when your factor in the online modes, its just no fun. I'd rather play catch or road hockey .

I believe that he's referring to the fact that the team is from Oklahoma City, has a similar name, and wears the uniform style. In the context of the relationship those two cities have in sports, particularly in the NBA with the whole Thunder-Sonics deal, I could see where someone might find a dig. (That's at least what I'm thinking he means).

Wow ok. Usually a comment that says "It reminds me of such and such because they have the best uniforms in the NFL" is not a "dig". There might be a loose connection because it was OKC and Seattle...but nothing exists in that screen grab that is even close to a shot or dig.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Wow ok. Usually a comment that says "It reminds me of such and such because they have the best uniforms in the NFL" is not a "dig". There might be a loose connection because it was OKC and Seattle...but nothing exists in that screen grab that is even close to a shot or dig.

The "fan opinion" comments are fictional - I don't believe they're driven from any source other than a set of comments per each team that randomly grabs 3 at a time to display.

The dig is subtle, but real.

Dude. Oklahoma City NightHAWKS. Do I really have to spell it out for you?

Hey all! I've been scouring the internet to see who else may have won, and I came across a couple youtube videos that came from "advanced review copies" of the game that showcase every possible look/team that you can relocate to. One person was intrepid enough to make an imgur gallery of all the looks.

Damn Jordan,

Do you work for EA now? How many concepts did they accept? Looks good!

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Archived