Buccaneers Number Fix?

BucsBoy02

Hello everyone! Since the release of the Buccaneers new uniforms, one of the biggest eyesores has been the number font. I got curious, so I spent a little bit of time playing around and modifying it. This is the favorite result out of everything I came up with. Of the biggest changes, all of the slashes within the numbers has been removed. Some angles have been added and modified for most of the numbers. I think it has more of a "pirate" type of vibe. But that's just my opinion, whats your opinion?

My concept:

BuccaneersFontConcept_zpsab066d3e.png

Their Actual:

BuccaneersActual_zps4e26e157.png

Side note, I took the colors straight from the bottom image.

It's a lot better. The Bucs' numbers are too rectangular but you've made them more octagonal, which is a huge improvement. However, I think if the numbers were curvy (like the wordmark but thicker/bolder) instead of blocky that would be the best end result. Chopping corners off like you've done is a vast improvement though.

Hello everyone! Since the release of the Buccaneers new uniforms, one of the biggest eyesores has been the number font. I got curious, so I spent a little bit of time playing around and modifying it. This is the favorite result out of everything I came up with. Of the biggest changes, all of the slashes within the numbers has been removed. Some angles have been added and modified for most of the numbers. I think it has more of a "pirate" type of vibe. But that's just my opinion, whats your opinion?

My concept:

BuccaneersFontConcept_zpsab066d3e.png

Their Actual:

BuccaneersActual_zps4e26e157.png

Side note, I took the colors straight from the bottom image.

I like the angles you added to corners of the numbers like 8, 9, and 0. I'd consider making those angles parallel to the existing angels. Look at the 8... what if you matched your added angles in the corners to the established angle through the center I think it would be more cohesive.

You're numbers are far better. Great job! I'm one of the few people who likes forward progress in uniform design and doesn't try to hold onto the past as if it's going to help a team today. All uniforms that are c̶l̶a̶s̶s̶i̶c̶ basic are boring and outdated to me (Cowboys, Chiefs, Packers, Browns, Bears, Steelers, etc). It's just one man's opinions so please people, don't break your keyboards trying to convince me otherwise. But I admire the designs of the Bucs, Jags, Titans, etc for being different.

It makes me feel like they would have done themselves a huge favor by not having breaks in the numbers. The reflective trim could still remain for gimmick's sake, but not having the lines break up the numbers would really help not make it look so alarm clocky.

Archived