Rutgers Big 10 Inaugural Season Logo

Anubis2051

I always liked that the big 10 was for the most part a super traditional conference. I hope Rutgers and MD tone it down.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I always liked that the big 10 was for the most part a super traditional conference. I hope Rutgers and MD tone it down.

Agree, 100%. I wish the Terps would go back to something like this:

Darrius_Heyward_Bey.jpg

Instead of this:

5932.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Love that Rutgers helmet. One of few texturized helmets ever done right.

I actually do too. It's just easy to poke fun at it when you really think about it there being a ton of marks on the helmet.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

10003973_10152155334805857_1816848492_n.

Looks like they're bringing back the shield, which they haven't done in a while. They're also repeating the scratch pattern from the helmets. I think it's a nice logo, just wish the R was featured more prominently.

Shame on this "designer" -- this logo is a direct rip-off of the Inaugural Season logo done for the new stadium of Minor League Baseball's Charlotte Knights. I don't know how to post images on this board, but I wish someone would post a side-by-side comparison of the two logos. The Knights' logo can be found at this link:

http://bensbiz.mlblogs.com/tag/charlotte-knights/

Is that a picture in the red on the shield or just some sort of obscure design?

It's supposed to look like the scratches on their helmet, which are supposed to look like the scratches on a knight's helmet.

6srtee.jpg

The helmet of a knight who apparently gets his ass handed to him on a regular basis. If those scratches represent lance or sword blows, this helmet belongs to Sir Short-Term-Memory-Loss.

Given the status of Rutgers' major sports programs, this is quite apt.

Archived