The Alternate Soccer Universe: Ligue Première De Football -- Corsaires (January 22)

MDGP

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

may I ask what is the reason that there are two teams taking on "Cavalry"? Maybe I am blind to notice the difference? Sorry

In England, it is commonplace for teams to use United in their official team name. In my league, a similar thing occurs, but with the word Cavalry instead. I made a note of it on the Fargo concept, but I'll add one to the San Diego version as well.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

So, being at the halfway point of the series, I figured it would probably be a good idea to actually have some sort of league-wide logo.

ASFsmalllogo_zpsde85e0a9.png

The league logo is pretty simple, featuring a soccer ball with stars on a navy blue shield. Beneath the ball are 5 vertical stripes, which take obvious inspiration from the American Flag. The year 1948 is featured as well, as the founding year of the league. Basically, this is how I would design US National Team official crest.

Not much else, I'm gonna start rolling out the logo on the presentations for each team, but otherwise the concepts themselves will not be changing. It has already been posted on the front page as the new thread header.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Great work with these...really like the Fenix third kit and the FC Brigade crest.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

What about a team in Indianapolis?

Here are good name options:

Indiana Cardnials or Indianapolis Cardnials

Indy Soliders

Indianapolis FC

Or a team in nearby Muncie:

Muncie Flyers (From the old NFL team,and I mean 1920)

Muncie Middletowners (From the Middletown reports based in Muncie)

Muncie FC

Sponsors:

Muncie:

Papa Johns

NBC

Pespi

Disney

Sharp

Chevy

Harcourt

Frosted Mini Wheats

Indianapolis:

Cheez-It

Coca-Cola

EA Sports

McDonald's

Ford

Mr.Coffee

Scholastic

"So look at yourself. Are you somebody to see good in your world or somebody to oppose the other person or party?"

What about a team in Indianapolis?

Here are good name options:

Indiana Cardnials or Indianapolis Cardnials

Indy Soliders

Indianapolis FC

Or a team in nearby Muncie:

Muncie Flyers (From the old NFL team,and I mean 1920)

Muncie Middletowners (From the Middletown reports based in Muncie)

Muncie FC

Sponsors:

Muncie:

Papa Johns

NBC

Pespi

Disney

Sharp

Chevy

Harcourt

Frosted Mini Wheats

Indianapolis:

Cheez-It

Coca-Cola

EA Sports

McDonald's

Ford

Mr.Coffee

Scholastic

I'm from Indy, and I'd love to see a team from Indiana, but I don't wanna force anything. So I guess if you have any open spots left, you ought to consider Muncie since you're sticking with this small-town type of thing.

First off, thanks AJM and jmtexan for the comments, glad you like what you see. Random note. I'm actually kinda surprised by all the love that the Fénix third had gotten. I expected it to be one that some loved but some hated.

In regards to Indy/Muncie, At this point in time, the Indianapolis area is not on my list of teams, however, since this process has been rather fluid (see: random), it is entirely possible that another idea won't work and Indy will slip in there. Stay tuned!

Any more C+C?

So, being at the halfway point of the series, I figured it would probably be a good idea to actually have some sort of league-wide logo.

ASFsmalllogo_zpsde85e0a9.png

The league logo is pretty simple, featuring a soccer ball with stars on a navy blue shield. Beneath the ball are 5 vertical stripes, which take obvious inspiration from the American Flag. The year 1948 is featured as well, as the founding year of the league. Basically, this is how I would design US National Team official crest.

Not much else, I'm gonna start rolling out the logo on the presentations for each team, but otherwise the concepts themselves will not be changing. It has already been posted on the front page as the new thread header.

I am like the ASF logo: simple and clean looking. Good job mate

"halfway point"??? SAY IT AINT SO!!!!! I hope we are only 1% through this lol

Haha, 1% might be pushing it a little. I've been thinking about how I'm gonna do this, and here's my current plan. I finish up the 20 teams and do some derby/cups. Then after that the league will go on hiatus. This is simply because I have a few other series that I want to work on. It is highly likely that I'll come back to work on somethings, whether it be a lower division, or an idea that I like to call the "Twin Towns Tournament." Basically, the ASF probably won't be finished with team #20.

With that, time to present team #11...

RoyalsLogo_zps8a2afc97.png

The Royals were founded by Michael Campbell, the league's first African American owner. In his 20's, Campbell became heavily involved in the Civil Rights movement, becoming an avid follower and supporter of Martin Luther King Jr. As the Civil Rights Movement progressed, Campbell became more and more involved, helping to plan the March on Washington.

A persistent rumor is that when he was awarded the team, Campbell wished to name his club Montgomery Kings FC, but pressure from the league to change the name to something that wouldn't be taken in a "controversial" manner by some, forced him to change the official name to the Montgomery Royals FC. Is this rumor true? No. According to both the team and league, Royals was the original name of the team from the start. In fact, officially speaking, the team does not acknowledge Dr. King being a direct influence on the identity.

CREST

Montgomery's crest features a silver crown with red jewels atop a triangular shield. This shield is red, with a white stripe running down the middle. Within the white are the letters MFC, standing for Montgomery Football Club (This is meant to subtly emulate Fulham FC's crest).

RoyalsUniforms_zps7cf36cd4.png

UNIFORMS

The Royals wear Umbro uniforms and have BBVA as a sponsor (BBVA Compass headquarters are located in Birmingham). Above the crest is an 8-point star representing the team's lone championship. In general, the Royals have always worn relatively simple, classic style uniforms.

The primary uniform is red, featuring a white stripe down the center of the chest (in a sort of Northwestern striping style). The shorts are solid white while the socks are also solid red.

The clash uniforms do not feature the same design. These are white, featuring red shoulder stripes (racing stripes if you will). The numbers and letters on the jersey are black. The shorts are solid red with white numbers, and white socks (black topped).

g70629_zps86d7d076.png

THIRD

The third jersey is a "modern" jersey. It's main color is the silver color of the crown in the logo. On the chest is a red stripe, which emulates the shape of the crown as well. Otherwise, the uniform follows the same conventions as the other uniforms, solid red shorts, and solid silver (and red topped) socks.

Love the Crest, Love the Kits, the third will grow on me hopefully.

As for the 1% done the teams and such, i have made a few -really bad- soccer concepts of mostly minor cities like Ann Arbor, Toledo, Spokane, etc. I was trying to chose cities that PSGD or Raysox chose, hopeing to one day combine them all into one huge pyramid so to speak. So far my teams havent conflicted with yours so hopefully there are more teams on the table. But thats just a dream haha

may I ask what is the reason that there are two teams taking on "Cavalry"? Maybe I am blind to notice the difference? Sorry

In England, it is commonplace for teams to use United in their official team name. In my league, a similar thing occurs, but with the word Cavalry instead. I made a note of it on the Fargo concept, but I'll add one to the San Diego version as well.

I know that you keep writing this when you introduce another Cavalry team, but I still don't understand the significance of the word cavalry to soccer teams. In England (at least as far as I know of) the teams that have United in their names are because long ago two teams from the same city/town merged; thus the new team was a United team. Is there any specific reason why the word cavalry became used in team names in your league?

award%20sig.png

Hey Lafarge...

I'm enjoying this series. Great job.

I like the league logo. It's very sharp/clean.

I only have one concern with it though...

How does it translate into black & white? (Something to always think about when designing logos)

Would it work better if the red and white stripes were switched?

Great job on the Royals. Reminds me of this beauty.

yj3d34frbkqxf1e98vrlg82b5.gif

Ooh, that's nice. What logo is that?

I know that you keep writing this when you introduce another Cavalry team, but I still don't understand the significance of the word cavalry to soccer teams. In England (at least as far as I know of) the teams that have United in their names are because long ago two teams from the same city/town merged; thus the new team was a United team. Is there any specific reason why the word cavalry became used in team names in your league?

Basically, my idea is that Fargo was originally called the Cavalry as a sort of mascot (since a cavalry is a group of horseback soldiers in the military and they are named after the Rough Riders), along the way it evolved from mascot to a part of the official names of teams. I also am not a huge fan of "United," though I like why it is used.

Hey Lafarge...

I'm enjoying this series. Great job.

I like the league logo. It's very sharp/clean.

I only have one concern with it though...

How does it translate into black & white? (Something to always think about when designing logos)

Would it work better if the red and white stripes were switched?

I actually began thinking about that exact thing, and have been tweaking it a bit, but didn't have the chance to post it. Here's the side-by-side comparison of how the logo would look in B/W and color.

ScreenShot2014-04-17at40430PM_zps7cfa418

I'll likely edit everything with this over the next few days.

Archived