– U P D A T E – Memphis Grizzlies logo overhaul – Secondary and word mark logo

Go Red Sox!

Huge step up from what they currently have. Like that you stayed true to their current branding to make it fit right away for them. My only small beef with this is the nose. seems too big those nostrials are really big.

Thanks a lot!

Yeah, I know what you mean. But I've already given it smaller nostrils and nose before I wanted to post it for the first time, but it really looked strange and somehow unnatural (although the bear isn't supposed to look natural, of course).

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is sweet! In my opinion better than what they've got now. However, someone on these boards posted something about the Grizzlies dropping the double blue for black and grey, that could be a cool idea, if you want to try that. :P

Wasn't that black and gold?

Anyways, yep, I'd cartainly say an improvement from both the first iteration, and ntheir actual logo. Do ya have any ideas, maybe other than the ball in paw, for an alternate logo, considering that there are A LOT of really good alts in the league. Great Work!

This is sweet! In my opinion better than what they've got now. However, someone on these boards posted something about the Grizzlies dropping the double blue for black and grey, that could be a cool idea, if you want to try that. :P

Wasn't that black and gold?

Anyways, yep, I'd cartainly say an improvement from both the first iteration, and ntheir actual logo. Do ya have any ideas, maybe other than the ball in paw, for an alternate logo, considering that there are A LOT of really good alts in the league. Great Work!

Thanks a lot!

To be honest: No ideas yet concerning a different alternate logo. I just don't want to update the "ball in the paw" logo. That would be a little lame.

I know that the Raptors might use black and gold sooner or later.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Here is a black, gray and beale street blue version of my Memphis Grizzlies primary logo that @JRB14 suggested earlier. Navy is now black and a lighter shade of cool gray has replaced smoke blue.

Personally I think it doesn't really look better than the version using the original team colors.

MemphisGrizzliesprimarylogoblackgray_zps

Great Logo. My only problem is that is is even more similar to the timberwolves.

250px-Minnesota_Timberwolves_logo_(alter

sorry to be that dude.

But the word mark is awesome!

It's really only similar because of half the face is colored one color while one side is another and the mouth show's teeth.

Here is a black, gray and beale street blue version of my Memphis Grizzlies primary logo that @JRB14 suggested earlier. Navy is now black and a lighter shade of cool gray has replaced smoke blue.

Personally I think it doesn't really look better than the version using the original team colors.

MemphisGrizzliesprimarylogoblackgray_zps

Great Logo. My only problem is that is is even more similar to the timberwolves.

sorry to be that dude.

It's really only similar because of half the face is colored one color while one side is another and the mouth show's teeth.

Exactly Yes. Also, the eyes are similar color and the general shape. the only real general differences, are the slight angle of view and it is a bear not a wolf. I am not taking away how good the logo is, i am just pointing out that is very similar and it may not be the best approach.

I like the colors on the last logo and the whole head looks much better than the first version.

This might be nitpicky but that left eye is really annoying me. I think its the blue under it. Did you try to get rid of that a see how it looks with it being black?

Thank you!

No nitpicking at all. Firstly, because this is a very good suggestion and secondly because I could kick my a.. for not taking notice of that myself!

So here's the updated logo w/o the blue underneath the bear's left eye. It definitely looks cleaner and consequently better now.

MemphisGrizzliesprimarylogo_zps3972320a.

Great Logo. My only problem is that the updated logo is even more similar to the timberwolves now.

sorry to be that dude.

No need to be sorry. It's a fierce bear that shows his teeth, ready to attack – like the wolf from Minnesota.

Real nit picky but I think this would make the logo better is if you refined the nose a little.

My suggestion would be to make the same shape in the lighter blue on the left to darker blue on the right.

Right now I think the nose is holding this back a little.

Real nit picky but I think this would make the logo better is if you refined the nose a little.

My suggestion would be to make the same shape in the lighter blue on the left to darker blue on the right.

Right now I think the nose is holding this back a little.

I just scaled down the entire nose vertically, also the size of the nostrils from 100 to 85 %. Now the nose doesn't look as dominating as before, although I think a bigger nose eventually makes the bear even look a little more frightful.

MemphisGrizzliesprimarylogo_zps3e895ae9.

I just scaled down the entire nose vertically, also the size of the nostrils from 100 to 85 %. Now the nose doesn't look as dominating as before, although I think a bigger nose eventually makes the bear even look a little more frightful.

Beautiful!

I like it now and if you were asking me I'd say that you got yourself a finished product.

Beautiful!

I like it now and if you were asking me I'd say that you got yourself a finished product.

Thank you! I appreciate it.

One last thing i'd like to suggest before I think it's a finished product is that you make the jaw a single color it looks silly right now.

MG_zps73bcd440.jpg

I suggest using just the lighter light blue.

It's actually a good suggestion!

I've just taken a look at the current Charlotte Bobcats logo (front view of the bobcat). Their designers also ignored the, let's call it "light-and-shadow" rule. So I decided to also use smoke blue on the bear's left nostril to give the snout and nose a homogenous look.

MemphisGrizzliesprimarylogo_zps628863a2.

Archived