– U P D A T E – Memphis Grizzlies logo overhaul – Secondary and word mark logo

Go Red Sox!

Here's a comparison between the original logo that I posted and the new and edited one. The bear now looks a lot more intimidating and fierce. I did not give the logo a three-shade look as @rcb05 suggested yesterday, meaning that the bear's snout is still smoke blue. The logo just looked plain awful with the bear's left half almost completely in so-called beale street blue. The original team colors have been used on this logo referring to ColorWerx as a source as usual. Hope you like it...

comparison_zpsbf1e290c.jpg

old = "get away from ma' honey!"

new = "I'm going to eat you!"

Well done. The update worked wonders. The old version just looked like he was yelling.

87Redskins.png

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phase 1 complete. .now to phase 2= jerseys and court maybe?

Yup! Soon a secondary logo and work mark logos will follow, then the uniforms plus the court.

Thanks, guys!

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Well done, definitely an upgrade! Only suggestion would be to round off the bottom corners to the left of the G and to the right of the S in GRIZZLIES... It just stands out to me as slightly inconsistent with the rest of the edges. Other than that, it looks fantastic!

Well done, definitely an upgrade! Only suggestion would be to round off the bottom corners to the left of the G and to the right of the S in GRIZZLIES... It just stands out to me as slightly inconsistent with the rest of the edges. Other than that, it looks fantastic!

Thanks a lot! Definitely right about the corners! Will do that...

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

MemphisGrizzliessecondarylogo_zps4d54fdc

There's something about the curvature of the mouth. It still feels a bit like a yawn and not completely like an aggressive growl. I'd keep the aggressive tone of the logo, but close the mouth a little bit until it's adjusted just right.

Also, I'm getting a pine tree vibe from the furry parts, kind of like the Wild. Maybe incorporate something similar in a future update??

• 2 weeks later...

Not loving the secondary logo either. My suggestion is to have it bearing its teeth in a clenched position rather than attempting a growl (as it looks more like a yawn as mentioned earlier). Also, make the eyes more menacing by angling them down more. Loving the design and I can't wait for the Uni's and Court. Looks a million times better than their mediocre current logo.

Archived