Houston Texans - Texas' Team

hawk36

I always thought the Texas state flag would be perfect for a uniform. Texans seem like a logical candidate for the look. Would be perfect if they could use the star but Dallas would have something to say about that. Anyway, thought this could be cool. Let the Cowboys be America's team. Texans could be Texas' team.

Texans.jpg

Put a star on each shoulder to better replicate the flag. It wont be boring after that. Its football, the room for a realistic design is slim unless you get stupid with it like the Seahawks did.

The Texans' logo was made to look like the Texas flag, so recolouring it is kinda a step back based on your task. All I really see here is a different uniform using the flag colours, which is pretty much what they already do. I can't say I really understand what you're trying to do here.

The Texans' logo was made to look like the Texas flag, so recolouring it is kinda a step back based on your task. All I really see here is a different uniform using the flag colours, which is pretty much what they already do. I can't say I really understand what you're trying to do here.

From what I can see, I think he's trying to make the shoulders look like the state flag. I too don't quite understand changing the helmet even though it looks kind of interesting.

Thanks for the feedback. My design is always minimal. My theory is that the best design maintains the the least amount of elements. I'm not trying to be Nike, trying for the best interpretation of the iconic flag. No outline on the number since there is not outline on the star. Texans logo in white since the star is in white. Went back and forth on the red star on the logo. May be better with a blue star.

Too much of today's designs are cluttered and overdesigned which I feel is simply masking poor designs. I'm obviously a "less is more" designer.

Archived