Nordiques or Expos?

Tigers6884

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it was just the gas station i went to, and the fact that on the way out i made a wrong turn into something that required 8 police cars, and it wasn't just a normal road block, I ended up doing a completely illegal u turn to get back on the high way

Aren't the separatists making noise again? Weird, I thought the PQ was basically eradicated in the last round of elections in favor of the NDP.

They were wiped out at the end of Revenge of the Sith.

Dooku_Gunray_arena.png

He was talking about a political group; not star treck.

*facepalm* He was referencing Star Wars, not Star Trek. Please do not mix the two up......

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Star Treck? yikes.

If the Rays had a new stadium, attendance would increase greatly the first 5-7 years, but I am not sure that attendance would stick around. tropicana field in itself isn't a bad stadium, but the location of the stadium and proximity of the stadium for fans is just downright horrible.

Yes when I went to the trop this summer i really liked the stadium, but it was a bitch to get to, and even harder to get out of, i also dont know too much about the Tampa area it seemed like the ghetto

I did a high school internship for journalism with the Rays and really got the full experience at seeing the stadium. It really isnt all that bad. But you are correct, the St. Petersburg area where the stadium is at is in a pretty rough area.

I mean, who knows what would happen with a nice, easily accessible stadium right in Tampa . They may get gate numbers. But as I mentioned, they're still not in horrendous shape.

Tampa/St. Pete just sucks. Put the team in Orlando and you may have something.

^ Orlando and "you have something" do not belong in the same sentence unless you're talking about an STD

Yesterday's opener only drew in 31,000 fans. The Rays have possibly the best team they've ever had, with Price probably reaching his peak this year, a formidable offense and good fielders. People in Tampa should be absolutely stoked. This game was against a division rival. Mind you it wasn't the Sox or Yanks, but still, it's the home opener against a Jays team that features some standout players.

sig.png

Still not going to be a MLB team in Montreal until there's an ownership or group who is willing to do it... which there's not.

I guess you haven't heard about Warren Cromartie and Montreal Baseball Project: http://montrealbaseballproject.com/en/
Yeah... That doesn't mean much. Just because there's a website to show support and to show a plan, doesn't mean the plan will work or has any traction.

Remember Kony 2012?

IEI5Tg1.png

Still not going to be a MLB team in Montreal until there's an ownership or group who is willing to do it... which there's not.

I guess you haven't heard about Warren Cromartie and Montreal Baseball Project: http://montrealbaseballproject.com/en/

Oh look, they have a webpage with 5000 likes. How cute.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Personally, I think the best case scenario to get baseball back in Montreal is to build a large, 10,000 plus ballpark with large concourses and space beyond the outfield that could possibly be expanded to 30k plus., get an International League Team, and prove that baseball at any level is viable in Montreal at present.

That's still more fans likes than you get.

I don't have designs on returning major league baseball to a market that cannot support it long term.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Star Treck? yikes.

If the Rays had a new stadium, attendance would increase greatly the first 5-7 years, but I am not sure that attendance would stick around. tropicana field in itself isn't a bad stadium, but the location of the stadium and proximity of the stadium for fans is just downright horrible.

Yes when I went to the trop this summer i really liked the stadium, but it was a bitch to get to, and even harder to get out of, i also dont know too much about the Tampa area it seemed like the ghetto
This summer? You're a time traveler.

I don't have designs on returning major league baseball to a market that cannot support it long term.
They probably could at least support a team better than Tampa Bay can.

They probably could at least support a team better than Tampa Bay does.

That's not saying much, since Tampa Bay is hands-down the worst market in baseball and in the conversation for worst market in pro sports (which, given the competition, is pretty staggering).

It is a pretty terrible market, but it's been the success story of the NHL in the sun belt. The Lightning have never had attendance problems. The team was atrocious for the first 10 years of its existence, but still managed to get 15,000 people in the stands. Since their cup win 10 years ago, they've pretty much been in the top half of the league in attendance including a few years in the top 5-10.

sig.png

Archived