NCAA Football Concepts

hjones13

Decided to take a stab at fixing Virginia Tech's identity. They have an awesome color scheme.

Virginia Tech.

VaTech_zps6c97a7fb.png

• Basically the Michael Vick Era Jersey with the Blacksburg Number font.
  • I feel like simple is better for them, because right now they are doing WAY too much.

jajtww.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Notre Dame.

NDLogos_zps5c0af0cb.png

A real gold look is all throughout the uniform.

NotreDame_zpsd0a44f95.png

• Different Gold pants to match each different Gold helmet.
  • One set with White numbers/Navy numbers as is classic, and one set with Gold numbers.
  • Kelly Green jersey 'cause what are the Irish without Green?

jajtww.jpg

I love all of these. Some obviously I can see on field more than others, but that's the whole premise behind these things.

As far as my Auburn Tigers go, I appreciate you not changing much. Many people are behind the stripes matching (I'm not) and I like that here. I'm not a big fan of orange jerseys for AU, but I like this one. Would suggest making the wider stripe on the orange tops blue with smaller white ones on the outside. The socks are great, and wish they would wear those on the field. Under Armour came out with a pair for the basketball teams that looks amazing. Hope to see it this fall.

The alternate helmet is a little...bleh. The grey facemask is a nice touch, but I'd go with orange. And the sailor caped Aubie logo, as I call it, has been retired by the school, so it could work here. But I'd love to see maybe just the block A like what the baseball team wore.

Thanks for the feedback. I really took the time to try and make Auburn good, and preserve their history, which I know all about due to my entire family being from the state of Alabama and attending either Alabama or Auburn (yeah, what happened to me right?) and being a die hard Bama fan all of my life. I feel like the three stripes for Auburn is what really makes them Auburn, if that makes any sense. As for the alternate helmet, when I recolored and fixed up that logo, I really liked it and wanted to use it somewhere so I kinda just threw it on a helmet. I made one with the A you talked about from the baseball teams old hats, but forgot to upload it to my Mac before I left back to Oxford, so unfortunately I can't post it for a while, or anything for that matter because I don't have Paint on my Mac. Thanks again for the feedback, and Roll Tide brother! Haha.

jajtww.jpg

Tennessee.

TennesseeLogosandColors_zpscd1980c5.png

All colors used can be official school colors in some capacity.

TennesseeHome_zps95b28c0d.png

Home Set

TennesseeRoad_zpsa0fb1a30.png

Away Set

• All logos and numbers are outlined in either Limestone or Torch, making them pop.
  • Font to match the "T"
  • Subtle Checkered pattern in Helmet Stripes.
  • New Limestone Jersey.
  • My take on fixing the Smokey Jersey.

Interesting. I think it is all fine except for the Limestone jersey. It would look like white jerseys that haven't been washed recently. Gray uniforms can have this problem, and an off-white uniform would, IMO.

award%20sig.png

I personally like the use of grey, we used to use that a few years back. Also I do not like the stripes. The way you make the ribbon look, makes it looks even more like Miss. St

You're right. I think next time I get to take a crack at it I will continue the stripe up into the next cut of the jersey making it flat, and take the grey out of the middle of it so its not solid, but 2 white stripes. Im trying to work on Mississippi State also, and I think I may use the ribbon look on theirs in some way. Thanks for the feedback.

jajtww.jpg

Interesting. I think it is all fine except for the Limestone jersey. It would look like white jerseys that haven't been washed recently. Gray uniforms can have this problem, and an off-white uniform would, IMO.

I guess so, I just have always wanted to try and off white color for a football team. Maybe Limestone wasn't the best choice, but I wanted to be different from the Halloween look with a black jersey. Possibly a cream color, sort of like what baseball teams wear, may be in the future for some teams that I think could pull it off (Oklahoma, Mississippi State maybe) so we will see how it looks.

jajtww.jpg

I personally like the use of grey, we used to use that a few years back. Also I do not like the stripes. The way you make the ribbon look, makes it looks even more like Miss. St

You're right. I think next time I get to take a crack at it I will continue the stripe up into the next cut of the jersey making it flat, and take the grey out of the middle of it so its not solid, but 2 white stripes. Im trying to work on Mississippi State also, and I think I may use the ribbon look on theirs in some way. Thanks for the feedback.

yea I heard that the "Ribbon" was made for Miss. St because of their logo has that Ribbon look.

• 2 weeks later...

Big fan of the Aggie set. I just would like Texas A&M on both jerseys. The Tennessee set I struggle with, but I can roll with it being slightly different. Love the Va Tech set. If I made a Georgia set myself, I would change that damn helmet stripe. It has always driven me nuts that its a single white stripe and not a black and white traditional 3 stripe.

I do plan on doing more teams, but it looks as if Easter will be the next time I'll get to the Coast, and I don't know if that will give me much time to work on some concepts. But I am planning on doing some ACC. I had drawn up some ideas for Clemson and Miami, but I can add Pitt since you'd like to see it, I kind of like the old cursive logo, so you can expect that to make an appearance somewhere. Thanks for the feedback!

jajtww.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to take a stab at Florida State. I kind of used the Redskins as an inspiration.

FloridaState_zpsa889045d.png

• New number font, but white numbers with gold trim like the old jersey.
  • Less use of the new pattern on the jersey.
  • Added Chief Osceola logo to the sleeves, sort of reminiscent of the Redskins throwback Jersey.
  • Pattern as a pants stripe.
  • White numbers instead of Garnet on the Black Jersey for better visibility.
  • New Garnet helmet with Chief logo on each side like the Redskins helmet.

jajtww.jpg

The limestone and torch on Tennessee's ruin the logo and jerseys for me. I understand what you're trying to do with it, but I think it would be better to leave a third color off. Also, I'm not a fan of multiple looks with interchangeable helmets/pants/jerseys, but I know I'm in a minority on that. Other than that, I like what I'm seeing here. Any chance you'll do the MAC?

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

Archived