Nikefying the rest of the NFL... (Falcons added, need feedback on differences between two jerseys) 15/28

TheSoundofThrowingPennies

Saying you "Nikefy" them does not get a pass for these being bad concepts. This is nothing close to the stuff Nike does, and it really bugs me that you don't even bother taking mr.nascar's advice because at least he took enough time to try and improve your concepts.

As for me, I definitely think you should just keep the same logos because inverting the logo colors doesn't work at all. Also, the number fonts are huge, especially on the Browns and Steelers. Think, how big do you think a lineman number, say 90 would look with such huge numbers? For the Browns, why does the white jersey NOT EVEN HAVE BROWN? They are, well, the BROWNS. And when people try and give you advice, like when people were saying the Steelers were to neon, blasting them by saying its the official pantone is not the answer. None of the teams use the official team pantones on the uniforms because you can't replicate colors that well on fabrics.

I'll say it one more time, nice and slow, NOTHING FROM CLEVELAND WAS AN ORIGINAL THOUGHT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. IT WAS BASED ON THE RUMORS CIRCULATING AROUND NEXT YEAR'S REDESIGN.

Now then, I hear you all on the colors and for the Falcons I've stuck with their red. Preview will be up in minutes.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really like how the colors pop. I could see Nike doing something like this with the Falcons. Pants striping is absolutely perfect. Number font will probably receive complaints but well... you've already explained your reasoning countless times. Well done.

Saying you "Nikefy" them does not get a pass for these being bad concepts. This is nothing close to the stuff Nike does, and it really bugs me that you don't even bother taking mr.nascar's advice because at least he took enough time to try and improve your concepts.

As for me, I definitely think you should just keep the same logos because inverting the logo colors doesn't work at all. Also, the number fonts are huge, especially on the Browns and Steelers. Think, how big do you think a lineman number, say 90 would look with such huge numbers? For the Browns, why does the white jersey NOT EVEN HAVE BROWN? They are, well, the BROWNS. And when people try and give you advice, like when people were saying the Steelers were to neon, blasting them by saying its the official pantone is not the answer. None of the teams use the official team pantones on the uniforms because you can't replicate colors that well on fabrics.

I'll say it one more time, nice and slow, NOTHING FROM CLEVELAND WAS AN ORIGINAL THOUGHT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. IT WAS BASED ON THE RUMORS CIRCULATING AROUND NEXT YEAR'S REDESIGN.

Now then, I hear you all on the colors and for the Falcons I've stuck with their red. Preview will be up in minutes.

Nice job listening to C&C. A few things I'd like to know:

Where does it say the helmets change (in the rumors)? Oh wait, it doesn't, it specifically says the helmets will stay the same.

Where does it say gray is added (more than the facemask)? Doesn't, it only says a color change could possibly be considered.

Where does it say brown is eliminated from the whites? Yet again, the rumors don't say that.

The rumors said they were 'cutting-edge', not ugly...

Now one more time, if you'd like to listen to some C&C for once, to fix the browns, get a new number font because the one being used is too large. The white jersey needs less gray and more brown, and the helmet should be the same traditional Browns helmet we've seen for years, save for a few tweaks.

spacer.png

sCLfBwU.jpg

ogFWq1i.jpg

6ZEK4Ku.jpg

Design notes: Sharper logo inspires pants striping and shoulder/chest yoke.

New typeface matches wordmark.

Pants can be interchanged and a black pair is available as well.

Return to fan favorite red helmets.

How is the logo "sharper" you only made some of the white lines red

Once again numbers are way too big

The wing design on the yoke isn't working, it kind of worked for Oregon but the falcons wings dont work when the are stretched and warped to fit like you did

sCLfBwU.jpg

ogFWq1i.jpg

6ZEK4Ku.jpg

Design notes: Sharper logo inspires pants striping and shoulder/chest yoke.

New typeface matches wordmark.

Pants can be interchanged and a black pair is available as well.

Return to fan favorite red helmets.

How is the logo "sharper" you only made some of the white lines red

Once again numbers are way too big

The wing design on the yoke isn't working, it kind of worked for Oregon but the falcons wings dont work when the are stretched and warped to fit like you did

It's sharper because I added my own angled key line and ditched the standard rounded key line.

The numbers are fine. I made it 55 and it fits before changing the first five to a one.

I agree on the yoke. Wasn't sitting right with me either.

uilSGgp.jpg

530juv7.jpg

I'll have people vote on which they like better.

Where does it say the helmets change (in the rumors)? Oh wait, it doesn't, it specifically says the helmets will stay the same.

Where does it say gray is added (more than the facemask)? Doesn't, it only says a color change could possibly be considered.

Where does it say brown is eliminated from the whites? Yet again, the rumors don't say that.

Now one more time, if you'd like to listen to some C&C for once, to fix the browns, get a new number font because the one being used is too large. The white jersey needs less gray and more brown, and the helmet should be the same traditional Browns helmet we've seen for years, save for a few tweaks.

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2014/04/are-the-browns-jerseys-going-grey-while-were-waiting/

The rumors I followed, that there was even a whole thread here in the concept forum dedicated to where people interpreted that. I got what I got.

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2014/04/are-the-browns-jerseys-going-grey-while-were-waiting/

The rumors I followed, that there was even a whole thread here in the concept forum dedicated to where people interpreted that. I got what I got.

I feel like a brick would take C&C better than you. I'm done even trying.

spacer.png

• 3 months later...

Not a big fan of the huge white helmet stripe or number font. But, realize what you're trying to do. Like the choice of blue, can't see how this looks like the Bears.

The helmet stripe is still under construction. It will eventually match the collarbone and pants stripes. I may end up playing with different number fonts too.

I just noticed the secondary on the sleeve. Really like that and wish the Broncos would bring back a modernized "D" logo as a secondary. There is one floating around the board that is a fantastic update of the D logo. Horse in the same pose etc but in the style of the current logo.

DEN_ALogoHigh.png

Not bad at all, but the one I used is one I updated from these boards (can't seem to find the original thread anymore so if some one recognizes it as their work, just let me know and I'll stop using it if you want me to or I can properly credit you)

wmYbqyc.jpg

That's the one. Killer logo there. Wish Denver would do something like this as their secondary. Really nice blend of the two eras. Only thing is the blue needs to be lightened a bit.

I put my version up about a year ago.. it's on Denver's logo page on the actual site.. kind of a mix of these two..

So, I'm back, and I'm stuck on the recoloring of the Jets, so I'm going to present the AFC West and will circle back to the AFC East at a later date. Also I promise a Giants update is coming!

I need some feedback on this design for the Broncos. Specifically, do you think it looks anything at all like the Bears? because that's what a few Broncos fans keep telling me. Personally, I just think they're married to our current cursed uniforms lol.

Have at it!

8CN1xsO.jpg

Personally I really like this Broncos look, much better than what they are wearing now.

I don't think it looks like the Bears too much. Broncos jersey is Orange, Bears is Blue.

The New York Football Giants:

rCWG7Sv.jpg

2qIRaNx.jpg

oX03CH5.jpg

7ZR8zXy.jpg

BBCISwa.jpg

I've decided to alternate conferences, so next up is the AFC East, then the NFC North, then AFC N, and so on until we conclude with the AFC West. This series will culminate in a brand new identity for Tennessee, who I think have the worst uniforms in the NFL with a new color scheme, custom wordmark, team name, and logo. I hope you guys are enjoying the series thus far!

Take the word Giants off of the left shoulder and I really like this.

I think what's really lacking is the true essence of "Nikefication".

- Jersey striping has been relatively tame

- If you're going to change the logo, do a full change. A simple color swap looks lazy, and wouldn't be the Nike way.

- You haven't drawn from colors outside the basic colors (Green Bay, for example, is still green and yellow. But they use a blue alt that could've been pulled in. The Patriots could've had green added because Boston. Heck, the Falcons could've had peach because Georgia)

But most importantly
- A team's identity has been stripped away in some places.

The Lions, for example, with the black lion on the helmet makes me think "Panthers" more than Lions. Yes, the Lions are "Honolulu Blue", but I think of them as "Honolulu Blue and Silver". In my mind, you've taken half of their identity away from them.

I feel you're pulling up your template and working on things without a plan in mind when starting. You've got some nice things for this concept (i.e. the Jets), but my recommendation is scrap the whole thing, start again and take your time to get your design closer to being great, or actually take some of the criticism you're receiving and make changes.

Why does this keep getting bumped? The guy who made these got banned!

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

Archived