Nikefying the rest of the NFL... (Falcons added, need feedback on differences between two jerseys) 15/28

TheSoundofThrowingPennies

That is what I was talking about with the bills. I'm finding that your colors are quite bright. I know you're doing Nike but I think you can make some of the colors richer. I actually like the all yellow set for green bay but Im not really a fan of the striping.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The helmet is really nice. However I think you should ditch the red pants. Use the white ones for the home and make blue pants for the away. That way you can use the red stripe and make your set more consistent throughout. I also think you should try some custom number fonts, or even an updated version of what they already have. Most of your number fonts just seem off to me.

Like this?

R1x4tNx.jpg

62n6wuQ.jpg

Don't like the red shoulders. And the colors are a bit too bright.

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I hear you out on the bright colors, I'm trying to alternate so that there's two dark teams in the division and two bright teams. Also, when the remaining teams are finished, Alts are coming, and the Alts use the opposite of the main sets in that if a main set is bright the alt will be dark and vice versa. I'll have the next teaser up shortly. Thanks for checking out this thread!

42u6kkY.jpg

eR3pXRU.jpg

KWCpZcj.jpg

Design: While a new wordmark adds some windy city edge for merchandising and fanfare, the typeface on these uniforms stays classic and true to Bears tradition without going over the top.

New matte navy helmet with barely noticeable bear claw striping down the middle.

Bear claw striping on the sleeves and pants allow for a modern take while still keeping traditional elements.

George Halas' initials are moved above the heart to remind every Bears player that puts on the uniform to give just as much heart on every down as the legend himself.

White and navy pants can be interchanged with the home and away sets.

kJwt36S.jpg

LsqLMoT.jpg

kDJW8aI.jpg

Design: For the first time since the 1940's the Honolulu blue helmet makes a come back.This time, it features a matte finish.

Black is incorporated heavily into the design, silver is gone so as to differentiate from the Panthers and signify the dawn of a new era in Lions history.

Black shoulders now house Detroit's logo.

Stripes on the shoulders still give the uniform a classic feel.

Black and blue pants can be alternated as desired.White pants are available as well.

That concludes the NFC North. Up next, the AFC North.

I think you have two main problems in this series:

First, the fonts are horrible. (Some are even worse than Nike's new Tampa Bay Font). I feel like you need to get into designing some of your own fonts or at least choose more football-worthy fonts.

Second, your redesigns completely lose the feel of the teams. When I look at your Patriots of Bills designs, I simply don't think Patriots or Bills. Similarly, like SG89 said, when I look at your Lions concept, I think Panthers, not Lions. When I see Nike's Vikings or Buccaneers jerseys, I still think Vikings or Buccaneers. This is a difficult design element to achieve, and it requires a lot of trial and error. For example, when I look at your Bears design, my initial reaction is that it's a cross between Seattle and Chicago. One thing that might help define the feeling as more Bears-like is to change the claw marks on the sleeves to orange to better reflect the current design.

While I really don't like a lot of your designs, there are some bright spots. Your Jets uniform is something I could see Nike doing, and I think your Bears redesign is well on its way to becoming a good Nike-worthy design.

I'm interested to see how this series all pans out.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

once again good job interpreting what nike would do. How ever that font is horrible

Exactly why it's something Nike would do.

Good work on Green bay and Buffalo.

Green Bay would benefit from a pair of green pants with the home jersey, and Buffalo would benefit from a white pair of pants on their home jersey.

In your attempt to differentiate between the Lions and the Panthers (who I never thought looked very similar) you have failed miserably. The Panthers use more black than silver sometimes and you've changed the Honolulu blue to more of a Carolina blue. Your Bears set is by far your best of the series. I'm currently working on a Bears set that is very close to yours.

In your attempt to differentiate between the Lions and the Panthers (who I never thought looked very similar) you have failed miserably. The Panthers use more black than silver sometimes and you've changed the Honolulu blue to more of a Carolina blue. Your Bears set is by far your best of the series. I'm currently working on a Bears set that is very close to yours.

I've updated Detroit using the official HB pantone from ColorWerx.

dlJkZ8P.jpg

MHT4WDw.jpg

DA5GPNi.jpg

Design: A new purple (Same the Rockies wear) is now employed to pop against the black and newly added gray.

A matte black helmet is home to chrome purple raven wings in the style of Baltimore's first logo.

The simplicity of the current uniforms is kept while putting a different spin on the overall look.

The numbers have a ghostly theme to commemorate the reason they are called "Ravens" in the first place, and will glow thanks to a thin reflective border around the numbers.

The away keeps the iconic black on white on black that Baltimore won their most recent Super Bowl wearing.

Black and gray pants can be interchanged.

I know some of you may think this is a bit tame, but I thought about what Eagle 98 said. To me, this uniform still says "Ravens".

Archived