Nikefying the rest of the NFL... (Falcons added, need feedback on differences between two jerseys) 15/28

TheSoundofThrowingPennies

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

dCAe45j.jpg

P7aWiLY.jpg

gLtZyGj.jpg

Design Notes:

Keeps some classic elements such as yellow pants (available with either jersey) logo only on one side of the helmet, etc..

Thought about doing subtle diamond tread, but then I realized the Steelers are anything but subtle. The Steel curtain is brought into their identity in a big way.

New customized typeface

Bigger, bolder logo on the side of the helmet.

This uniform is meant to look intimidating and heavy, like the men of the Steel Curtain.

niESt7U.jpg

4IfnmyG.jpg

q1NiN5Z.jpg

Design Notes:

There are only about four teams who could legitimately pull off all black, and this team is one of them.

Now Chrome black helmet provides a sleek look for the recently updated logo.

Striping inspired by claw marks

Pants can be interchanged, as can socks.

Carolina also forgoes a white away uniform for the silver option.

New wordmark invokes speed/stealth.

Can't say I'm a fan of, well, anything here.

The number font for Pittsburgh and Cleveland are atrocious. I believe Tampa Bay's new font is much better

Cleveland's entire set needs to be redone. The helmet stripe looks like a washboard.

Your "chrome" black helmet for Carolina looks like it has the same effects as Cincinnati's, which is supposed to be matte, I guess. Basically, all of these different 'effects' look the same.

Your stripes are all jagged as well on the edges and aren't even nor straight.

The neon colors have got to stop. Neon colors and football should not go together. That goes for Carolina, Baltimore, and what other teams you have used them with.

Finally, inverting a team's logo shouldn't qualify as a concept. That goes for, well, practicality the entire AFC north.

And another thing: why is it that there is one thin yellow line on the Pittsburgh helmet stripe? It looks bad. So do the wings on Baltimore's helmet as they're very pixelated.

Finally, your helmet logos do not wrap around the helmet like they're supposed to. Instead, they just look like they've been pasted on there. This seems to be fairly common amongst the newest concept makers.

Although I'm far from any Photoshop expert, Overall, I'm seeing a lot more bad than good as I would take anyone's current look over these.

Just slow down, clean up your photos, and look at others work with this template and see how they use it and how their work compares to yours. For instance, HVF's MLF series. He uses this template towards the ends and they turned out great.

I'm definitely not saying to rip him off by any means. I'm just saying you don't seem to 'have it down' with this template and you should look at how others have used it and compare your work to their's.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Can't say I'm a fan of, well, anything here.

The number font for Pittsburgh and Cleveland are atrocious. I believe Tampa Bay's new font is much better

Cleveland's entire set needs to be redone. The helmet stripe looks like a washboard.

Your "chrome" black helmet for Carolina looks like it has the same effects as Cincinnati's, which is supposed to be matte, I guess. Basically, all of these different 'effects' look the same.

Your stripes are all jagged as well on the edges and aren't even nor straight.

The neon colors have got to stop. Neon colors and football should not go together. That goes for Carolina, Baltimore, and what other teams you have used them with.

Finally, inverting a team's logo shouldn't qualify as a concept. That goes for, well, practicality the entire AFC north.

And another thing: why is it that there is one thin yellow line on the Pittsburgh helmet stripe? It looks bad. So do the wings on Baltimore's helmet as they're very pixelated.

Finally, your helmet logos do not wrap around the helmet like they're supposed to. Instead, they just look like they've been pasted on there. This seems to be fairly common amongst the newest concept makers.

Although I'm far from any Photoshop expert, Overall, I'm seeing a lot more bad than good as I would take anyone's current look over these.

Just slow down, clean up your photos, and look at others work with this template and see how they use it and how their work compares to yours. For instance, HVF's MLF series. He uses this template towards the ends and they turned out great.

I'm definitely not saying to rip him off by any means. I'm just saying you don't seem to 'have it down' with this template and you should look at how others have used it and compare your work to their's.

First, I'm not new, I've been on these boards for over a year now.

2. Nothing from Cleveland is an original thought. I followed the rumors that were circulating around a month or two ago surrounding their real world redesign to arrive at that final product.

3. The whole basis of this concept is to "Nikefy" the NFL. None of these are supposed to be upgrades. I fully believe the NFL is about to enter a uniform era very similar to the current state of college football based solely on the potential revenue it will bring in, and that in about 15 years only three or four teams will still have classic looks. I'm doing all of these with that idea in mind. I want to see how close I am when the inevitable becomes reality. That's why there's a lot of neon used. In Nike's big redesigns they have used one neon color in each (green in Seattle, teal in Jacksonville, and orange in Tampa Bay)

4. I use the perspective tool on my helmet logos.

5. There are two yellow stripes bordering the Steelers metal stripe.

6. On this template there is no way to portray chrome or matte helmets. That's why i designate it in the description.

7. Do you even realize how many times you said "finally"?

A lot of the colors are off from what the teams colors actually look like. Quite frankly most of these look too overdone. and who cares if he said finally a lot?

a2BRS8U.png

First, I'm not new, I've been on these boards for over a year now.

2. Nothing from Cleveland is an original thought. I followed the rumors that were circulating around a month or two ago surrounding their real world redesign to arrive at that final product.

3. The whole basis of this concept is to "Nikefy" the NFL. None of these are supposed to be upgrades. I fully believe the NFL is about to enter a uniform era very similar to the current state of college football based solely on the potential revenue it will bring in, and that in about 15 years only three or four teams will still have classic looks. I'm doing all of these with that idea in mind. I want to see how close I am when the inevitable becomes reality. That's why there's a lot of neon used. In Nike's big redesigns they have used one neon color in each (green in Seattle, teal in Jacksonville, and orange in Tampa Bay)

4. I use the perspective tool on my helmet logos.

5. There are two yellow stripes bordering the Steelers metal stripe.

6. On this template there is no way to portray chrome or matte helmets. That's why i designate it in the description.

7. Do you even realize how many times you said "finally"?

I understand what you're trying to do, because Nike will probably jack up a few jerseys at some point, except for maybe Chicago (here's hoping), GB and Pittsburgh.

Although I agree with your #3, I would say to pick and choose your use of neon. The brightness of the colors is getting out of hand, and I'm not convinced Nike would even do that. Panthers is OK with neon, but not the Ravens, for instance. The yellow and orange on the Steelers and Browns are even bordering on neon. I would tone those down.

As for #7, he only used it twice, which is really only one more than needed. So it really isn't as much as your comment is trying to imply. Three might have warranted that.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Saying you "Nikefy" them does not get a pass for these being bad concepts. This is nothing close to the stuff Nike does, and it really bugs me that you don't even bother taking mr.nascar's advice because at least he took enough time to try and improve your concepts.

As for me, I definitely think you should just keep the same logos because inverting the logo colors doesn't work at all. Also, the number fonts are huge, especially on the Browns and Steelers. Think, how big do you think a lineman number, say 90 would look with such huge numbers? For the Browns, why does the white jersey NOT EVEN HAVE BROWN? They are, well, the BROWNS. And when people try and give you advice, like when people were saying the Steelers were to neon, blasting them by saying its the official pantone is not the answer. None of the teams use the official team pantones on the uniforms because you can't replicate colors that well on fabrics.

spacer.png

Saying you "Nikefy" them does not get a pass for these being bad concepts. This is nothing close to the stuff Nike does, and it really bugs me that you don't even bother taking mr.nascar's advice because at least he took enough time to try and improve your concepts.

As for me, I definitely think you should just keep the same logos because inverting the logo colors doesn't work at all. Also, the number fonts are huge, especially on the Browns and Steelers. Think, how big do you think a lineman number, say 90 would look with such huge numbers? For the Browns, why does the white jersey NOT EVEN HAVE BROWN? They are, well, the BROWNS. And when people try and give you advice, like when people were saying the Steelers were to neon, blasting them by saying its the official pantone is not the answer. None of the teams use the official team pantones on the uniforms because you can't replicate colors that well on fabrics.

^^Agreed.

I get it's Nike, and you're trying to replicate them, but why are you wasting your time making bad concepts, and posting them on here?

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Archived