High School Baseball uniforms

ShlyKBMT

'06 Komadai Tomakomai High School (Hokkaido prefecture), Masahiro Tanaka (Yankees) at 88th Summer Koshien (national championship, KT lost the chance at a three-peat, losing 4-3 in 9 innings, after playing 15 the previous day to a 1-1 draw):

2013111500028_1.jpg

Fall '13, 66th Hokkaido HS Tournament, Sapporo Otani vs Komadai Tomakomai (KT won 3-2):

img105_zpse2c60c54.jpg

img065_zps247706bc.jpg

img028_zps03cb14ec.jpg

img075-1_zps3ecc703a.jpg

img114_zpsbd964473.jpg

Summer Koshien Championship, home of the Hanshin Tigers:

P1010123.JPG

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

Kofa Kings of Yuma. Easily the best dressed team in Arizona!

BhaepCDCIAEcjt2.jpg

Bhg9rZ8CEAAuKRr.jpg

If you are going to emulate one team, it might as well be the Stanford Cardinal, who, with the help of Rawlings, have set the standard for modern baseball aesthetics.

And of course they're pullovers. So in your mind that automatically makes them the best dressed over teams that actually have sense and go traditional.

It's nice to see a number of teams in here with striped socks and stirrups.

Last time I checked, my former school wore essentially Kansas City Royals' uniforms. They even used the same font for the script, but with "Pioneers" instead of "Royals". This is probably in part because our coach's brother was (maybe still is) a Royals' scout.

In regards to Elwood's post, is there a story/explanation behind Japanese players' obsession with bending the bill of their caps in the inverted V shape? I especially noticed it previously in the Little League World Series, always piqued my curiosity.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

In regards to Elwood's post, is there a story/explanation behind Japanese players' obsession with bending the bill of their caps in the inverted V shape? I especially noticed it previously in the Little League World Series, always piqued my curiosity.

Many Japanese ask the same question. Some say, the cap bills have always been bent that way. Ever since, some invincible team wore their caps that way and everyone followed. Others say, by bending the bills, the players can focus on the target, like a grounder or pop-up.

The story I've been told that made the most sense is that some time ago, it was a tradition to fold their caps a certain way, creating a natural bend when they put them in their back pocket. I think they probably just got tired of bending them back. A tradition that gradually evolved into a fashion trend.

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

'06 Komadai Tomakomai High School (Hokkaido prefecture), Masahiro Tanaka (Yankees) at 88th Summer Koshien (national championship, KT lost the chance at a three-peat, losing 4-3 in 9 innings, after playing 15 the previous day to a 1-1 draw):

I've always liked how Japan and the US have different uni styles. I remember going on a baseball tour of japan, playing rural teams in Saitama and other international sides in Edogawa. We got so used to seeing baseball hats bent to the point of breaking, that by the end of our tour the whole side had a 90 degree bend in our bills.

DRIBBBLE  -  BĒHANCE

I've always liked how Japan and the US have different uni styles. I remember going on a baseball tour of japan, playing rural teams in Saitama and other international sides in Edogawa. We got so used to seeing baseball hats bent to the point of breaking, that by the end of our tour the whole side had a 90 degree bend in our bills.

Thank you for sharing your special baseball experience in Japan. Do you still have the bent cap?

Mine was getting scolded by a black American player for the Hiroshima Carp for climbing over the outfield fence (still about the same height) during pre-game and trying to pick up a baseball at Maruyama-koen Park baseball field in Sapporo, when I was little.

I still remember the surprised look when he told me, "What are you doing? You're gonna get hit by a ball!" He helped me back over the fence and handed me the baseball.

He came over and asked me and my friend a question every time the ball was hit near the fence and eventually had the Japanese coach hit the ball at the fence, so he could give us a another baseball. I'll never forget the look and his kindness.

20090420230811.jpg

200505_img_1.jpg

ff7509fd0bd3658989fc1b751dbcd6d9.jpg

Thank you for sharing your special baseball experience in Japan. Do you still have the bent cap?

Mine was getting scolded by a black American player for the Hiroshima Carp for climbing over the outfield fence (still about the same height) during pre-game and trying to pick up a baseball at Maruyama-koen Park baseball field in Sapporo, when I was little.

I still remember the surprised look when he told me, "What are you doing? You're gonna get hit by a ball!" He helped me back over the fence and handed me the baseball.

He came over and asked me and my friend a question every time the ball was hit near the fence and eventually had the Japanese coach hit the ball at the fence, so he could give us a another baseball. I'll never forget the look and his kindness.

20090420230811.jpg

200505_img_1.jpg

ff7509fd0bd3658989fc1b751dbcd6d9.jpg

Of course, would be one of the first things I'd grab if my house was ever on fire (touch wood)

We went to a few college (or high school??) games too. I remember being amazed at how each teams fans stay quiet while the opposing team chants. Ended up getting a game ball too, because the family I was staying with knew an umpire.

Most of our games were played on 2 soccer grounds. Each ground had 4 games running simultaneously (home plate in each corner). The umpires had to call time every now and then because another team had hit a home run or a double onto our diamond. This wasn't the weirdest thing though. To get there, we had to take an outdoor escalator, because the grounds were played above a sewage.

DRIBBBLE  -  BĒHANCE

Archived