$250 to the winner ...

newsenterprise

Disclaimer: If you feel the following does not belong on the board, I apologize.

Talked to representatives of the Hardin County Wolverines Adult Semi-Pro Football Team over lunch on Wednesday.

They are willing to give $250 to the winner of a package of Primary Logo, Secondary Logo, Wordmark and logo for hat (minor league baseball style).

No logos will appear on their helmets, as they already have a nice style (black with three white curved stripes, much like the Michigan Wolverines' helmets).

Logos will not appear on jerseys, but rather in print (daily newspaper and weekly newspapers that cover the team), on web sites (team and league), television (community public access that tapes every home game) as well as on clothing (t-shirts, hats, jackets, etc.)

Team would like to have all logos turned in (either posted on this site or e-mailed to newsenterprise@yahoo.com) by 3 p.m. EST Tuesday, July 6, 2004.

Watermark all images if you like.

Team's players will vote on winning logo/art package at practice the evening of July 6 and I'll relay the winner as soon as I find out.

Thanks again to everyone who has submitted art/ideas so far.

Best of luck and maybe this will get more creative juices flowing.

My previous post on the team is below ...

---

Your Team Name - Hardin County Wolverines

Your Team City - Elizabethtown, Ky.

Where it will be used - Web Site, print (daily newspaper), league

Colors - Black, White and Gray/Grey/Silver

Contact Info - e-mail (newsenterprise@yahoo.com)

Wordmark, logo, alt - all needed

File Format Desired - JPG (and eps, although I can eps the jpeg if necessary in a limited version of Adobe Photoshop).

Version of Software - Doesn't matter

Note: Please do not use "Elizabethtown, Ky." in logo, but rather "Hardin County"

Background: The Hardin County Wolverines are a men's semi-pro football team based in the Elizabethtown/Radcliff/Fort Knox, Ky. area (45 miles south of Louisville, the state's biggest city). The Wolverines (http://www.HardinCountyWolverines.com) started last year in the 30-team, seven-state Ohio Valley Football League (www.eteamz.com/OVFL). As you can tell by their web Site, their logo is in major need of a overhaul.

As of Monday (June 28, 2004), the Wolverines were rated No. 1 in the country in Class 2-A (and No. 6 overall in any class) by American Football News. The daily newspaper that I work for is doing a front-page color article on the team and its recent rise in popularity/talent. My paper also runs 2-3 stories per week on the team and the logo (wordmark, mascot or football helmet) will be used with those stories in print and also on the paper's web site (www.TheNewsEnterprise.com).

The Wolverines are a non-profit organization. The players actually pay (more than $250) for the five-month season to play and cover expenses.

The Wolverines are named for the animal and University of Michigan mascot (team president is a big Michigan fan) and not the comic book/movie character.

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and keep up the great work. There are a LOT of talented people on this site.

Say, I might have just the thing for this... I need to rework it a bit, though. Interesting side note: I actually have some friends that live in E-town! Nice place there. Haven't been in quite some time, though. Let me work on this and I'll get back to you.

EDIT: On second thought... I'm not sure if I want to use what I have. Maybe I'll work on something new. I heard PNM and Shiz were working on a logo. I'm sure it will be great!

...:D...

Say, I might have just the thing for this... I need to rework it a bit, though. Interesting side note: I actually have some friends that live in E-town! Nice place there. Haven't been in quite some time, though. Let me work on this and I'll get back to you.

EDIT: On second thought... I'm not sure if I want to use what I have. Maybe I'll work on something new. I heard PNM and Shiz were working on a logo. I'm sure it will be great!

...:D...

Could it be Ravage Redux?

Much as I'd love to see you submit that, if you think you've got something better, man, that'd be, in the words of Artie Johnson, verrrrrrry interesting.

yhollander,

Newby here: Was "Ravage Redux" a really cool logo that I missed earlier?

nitroseed: If you decide to join in, thank you very much. I look forward to seeing some of your concepts.

BTW, How do you have friends in the big ole town of E-town (population 23,000)? We're not even on a lot of maps ...

The "Ravage Redux" in question here was indeed a logo I did a while back for my fantasy lacrosse team, the Colorado Ravage, here on the boards. The logo featured a wolverine in front of some mountains. However, I've decided that it's a bit too close to my heart to sell off. No offense, obviously. :)

And my friends in E-town, they were members of my church 10-12 years ago, but moved away. One of the guys got stationed at Ft. Knox, so he wound up moving there. It's actually two separate families, and my family has kept in touch with them over the years, so we're all pretty close. As a matter of fact, one of those E-town friends of mine is coming to visit in about two weeks!

nitroseed,

I take it the Colorado Ravage identity package doesn't exist on the web any more. Based on the talk in the thread about it, it seemed killer ...

I understand your feelings on not using it. It wouldn't work with the Hardin County Wolverines anyway (considering the multitude of mountain ranges surrounding the area).

There's a semi-pro football team called the Utah Wolverines, they didn't rip you off in any way, did they?:

utahwolf.jpg

nitroseed,

I take it the Colorado Ravage identity package doesn't exist on the web any more. Based on the talk in the thread about it, it seemed killer ...

I understand your feelings on not using it. It wouldn't work with the Hardin County Wolverines anyway (considering the multitude of mountain ranges surrounding the area).

There's a semi-pro football team called the Utah Wolverines, they didn't rip you off in any way, did they?:

utahwolf.jpg

No, its WAY worse than Nitro's logo. Nitro's logos are perfection.

For posterity's sake, here's the Ravage logo we're talking about. And like I said, I don't plan on submitting this, but I thought I'd show you nonetheless.

ravage.gif

Nitro,

How the hell do you make logos like that?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Had never really thought of a wolverine as a "ravage" type of beast until I saw that logo ... I'm convinced.

If there really was a Ravage in Colorado, no matter what the sport, the owners should really have to consider using that as their logo.

For posterity's sake, here's the Ravage logo we're talking about. And like I said, I don't plan on submitting this, but I thought I'd show you nonetheless.

ravage.gif

Nitro,

How the hell do you make logos like that?

my only guess is that he went to a school for graphic design to make it a bit easier and also is just a great conceptualist.

Twitter: @peteeee

E-Mail: peteschwadel@gmail.com

Dribbble!

Just a reminder that a package (main logo, secondary logo and wordmark) must be turned in by 3 p.m. Eastern Time Tuesday, July 6 in order to be eligible to win the $250.

Designs can be put in one of the threads on this topic or e-mail to newsenterprise@yahoo.com

Watermark all of your images if you so desire.

Thank you for all of your time and effort so far and best of luck. I know I've already seen plenty of excellent work on this and I expect it to just keep getting better.

Archived