pianoknight

Your Team's Color-on-Color Opponents

Redskins vs, Steelers, both teams in gold pants.

Louisvile Football:

UK: Blue vs Red

Syracuse

Clemson

eh idk about Clemson..i think they might be a little too close together . maybe if you guys wore black or they wore purple

This isn't really a color-on-color, but I've always wished that Nebraska-Wisconsin would play each other in red-outs and white-outs. Especially now that they're both in the Big Ten West and will likely be the favorite two teams in the division most years.

It could even be a budding rivalry idea - the winner from last year gets to be "Big Red," regardless of which home stadium the game's at.

This picture is from a Husker scrimmage, but you get the idea.

Taylor_Martinez_Brent_Qvale.jpg

Here is the only color-vs-color NFL game I've ever seen - Vikings vs Saints in NOLA, 2002. Despite the Vikings' yellow gold and the Saints' metallic gold, it was a pretty good look.

untitled-3.jpg

Here is the only color-vs-color NFL game I've ever seen - Vikings vs Saints in NOLA, 2002. Despite the Vikings' yellow gold and the Saints' metallic gold, it was a pretty good look.

untitled-3.jpg

another one, and it is beautiful lions-hill-patriots-apjpg-3b4df26005a568

^ That is nice. You really can't go wrong with red vs blue, that's why I went with the purple vs gold - it's a bit more unique.

Miles+Austin+Dallas+Cowboys+v+Kansas+Cit

Some of these color on color looks make me want to see them more. Some great looks, especially the Saints vs Vikings one

I'd love to see an "Egg Bowl" with Mississippi State in maroon and Ole Miss in blue, an "Iron Bowl" with Alabama in crimson and Auburn in blue, and Florida (blue) vs Tennessee (orange). Going back to my home state I'd love to see the Longhorns in orange and the Aggies in maroon.

untitled-3.jpg

p-283729-emmitt-smith-dallas-cowboys-nfl

Louisvile Football:

UK: Blue vs Red

Syracuse

Clemson

eh idk about Clemson..i think they might be a little too close together . maybe if you guys wore black or they wore purple

Good point.

Texans in Battle Red/White vs. Titans in Columbia Blue/White.

Love color on color games. It would also help a decent amount if teams are not in similar colored pants too.

utah-byu-04.jpg

50c4223105aa5.preview-620.jpg

Utah and BYU have been doing this since Utah joined the Pac 12 and BYU became independent in football and WCC for other sports.

Niners

- Seahawks

- Rams

- Raiders

Utes Football

- BYU

- Colorado

- Oregon

- Oregon State (black)

- UCLA

- Arizona (Navy)

Jazz

- Nuggets

- Suns (Orange)

- Spurs (Which they did on Sunday BTW)

- Rockets

- Trail Blazers (Red)

The Jazz and Nuggets did color on color this season. It was the dark blue vs light blue. It looked horrible.

=Packers=

vs Niners, Chiefs, Texans, Bucs or Falcons (red)

vs Cardinals (red), maybe Redskins

vs Broncos or Bengals (orange)

vs Chargers or Titans (powder blue)

vs Seahawks (gray)

=Bears=

for the most part, same as the Packers list, but replace the Titans with the Dolphins and Jaguars (teal)

=Bucks=

since I've actually seen the Bucks wear color v color....I'll list what'd be done ideally...and what I've seen IRL.

=ideal: green=

vs Bulls, Rockets, Clippers, Hawks, Wizards, Sixers, Raptors, Pistons (red)

* a side note...I remember watching most of that Cowboys-Skins game, and while I prefer a darker burgundy for the Skins, I wish they hadn't worn it against navy. Which is why I didn't list the Heat.

vs Knicks, Suns (orange)

vs Lakers, Pacers, Nuggets, Cavs (gold)

vs Nuggets (powder blue)

vs Spurs (silver)

=ideal: red=

vs Hawks, HornetBobcats, Pelicans, Grizzlies, Pistons, Thunder, Mavs, Pacers, Jazz (navy)

vs Knicks, Sixers, Mavs, Pistons, Thunder, Magic, Clippers, Warriors (blue)

vs Celtics, Jazz (green)

vs Nets, Spurs, Bulls, Kings, Magic (black)

vs Suns, Kings (purple)

vs Cavs, Lakers, Pacers, Warriors (gold)

probably a few I missed, but whatever.

=historic pondering=

vs NJ Nets alt grays-it'd have to be red. I actually tried Nets gray vs Bucks green once playing Live 06...and swore to never do that again afterward, dark gray and dark green being way too close together huewise.

=actual: green=

at Knicks (throwback blue)

at Magic (black)

yes, sadly, these two uni matchus actually happened. Not in the same year, but still.

For the Red Wings:

-Dallas - that red vs green matchup would look good

FSU with the garnet jersey w/ white pants vs. the Gators with the blue jersey and orange pants has been a pipe dream of mine.