Summer Wiffleball League (Team 12 : Marbletown Shooters *updated*)

8BW14

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, well here is the fourth team over all and the first team in the SFWL North Division, the Vermont Giants. The name was derived from the mercantile "giants" who made their homes in grand houses built in the mid to late 1800's. Vermont is a team that I really thought an old-school looks would be perfect for, so I went with a uniform and logo style that hearkens back to some of the early days of organized baseball. The Vermont Giants:

vermontgiantsuniforms_zps07749989.png

This is probably one of my favorite looks in the league and i would really appreciate some comments or criticism. Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks.

This is the kind of hat which I could see denizens all OVER the area (even those who aren't fans of that league) wearing...nice to see a Giants logo which actually has a giant in it again!

bYhYmxh.png

Thanks for the comments guys and I have to agree about the hats MBurmy, they are one of my favorites.

The next team in the league was one of my favorites to work on, the Table Grove Robins of the North Division, whose colors are burnt orange and grey. If it's not obvious, the logo was heavily influenced by both the Cardinals and Orioles. There's not much else to say about this one so here it is, the Table Grove Robins:

tablegroverobinsuniforms_zps1aed1b0e.png

So, what does this concept do for everybody? I would love to hear any thoughts, thanks.

Thanks, I really like this hat too. I would love to get a hat made for each team at some point even if this league never gets off the ground.

So i have a question for anyone who wants to answer and I don't want to sound whiny because I'm not whining, but I am genuinely curious as to why this thread isn't getting more comments. Are the concepts really that boring and uninteresting? Or are they so good they don't need anything else (highly unlikely)? I'm just wondering why I have been getting so little feedback and interest outside of MBurmy? I am always looking for ways to improve the logos, presentation, template, anything. Positive or negative, I can take it, but anyway i was just wondering so I can fix the problem and generate some interest and get some feedback on these.

Here is the last of the original 6 teams of the SFWL, the Ipava Bombers. The Bombers name is derived from the Camp Ellis, a military camp erected during WWII between the towns of Ipava and Table Grove. Ipava's homecoming festival is now known as Camp Ellis days and the ruins of the camp are a an interesting and somewhat eerie look into the past to imagine what once was. The Bomber's colors are a dark drab green, silver and sky blue, to go along with the military theme of the team. So, without futher ado, here are the Ipava Bombers, the last of the original SFWL teams:

ipavabombersuniforms_zpsed248f7b.png

ipavabombersuniforms_zps3a06e706.png

Is the IB in the hat logo distinctive enough or is it too subtle? Thanks for taking a look. As always I can't wait to hear what everyone has to say.

I just got the Bombers updated(added an outline to the numbers). I think it does the job of including some more of the sky blue. I

I really like the Bomber logo. However, I'd try and get a wee bit more sky blue on there. Maybe as an outline on the numbers or an outline on the brim of the hat. I think it would make it pop just a bit more.

Agreed...strike the perfect balance between forest green, sky blue and gray (three of my favorite colors EVER!) and you have PERFECTION (Also, stop me if you've heard this before, bu-this would make an INCREDIBLE HAT!)

A solid finale to the original six...

bYhYmxh.png

I really like the Bomber logo. However, I'd try and get a wee bit more sky blue on there. Maybe as an outline on the numbers or an outline on the brim of the hat. I think it would make it pop just a bit more.

Agreed...strike the perfect balance between forest green, sky blue and gray (three of my favorite colors EVER!) and you have PERFECTION (Also, stop me if you've heard this before, bu-this would make an INCREDIBLE HAT!)

A solid finale to the original six...

Alright will do. I will try giving the numbers an outline and see if that does the trick. You know the colors came together purely by accident. I was set on the green and silver, but i thought it needed a third color so I tried a few different combos of double green and finally tried the sky blue and I loved it. Thanks for the feedback guys. I will get the update up soon, before I unveil the first set of expansion teams.

Thanks a lot. I love the Giants cap too. I think it has a minor league, whimsical quality to it. Anyway, just got Ipava updated by adding the blue outline. I added the new one under the original concept so you can see them together. Does it fix the problem or should I try something else?

Here is the last of the original 6 teams of the SFWL, the Ipava Bombers...

[...image...]

Is the IB in the hat logo distinctive enough or is it too subtle? Thanks for taking a look. As always I can't wait to hear what everyone has to say.

I just got the Bombers updated(added an outline to the numbers). I think it does the job of including some more of the sky blue. I

I would say the IB on the hat is too subtle, actually. I really like it, but at first glance, it looks like you are using two different fonts for the logo and the hat. Maybe the I is a different color? Or gets an outline?

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Ideally, after the first season, I would like to bring two more expansion teams into the league. One in each division, and hopefully the league will be able to get to my ideal number of teams which would be 12 total.

For the first of the expansion teams we are going back to the SFWL South Division. The Country Block Coyotes are named for the healthy coyote population in southern Fulton county and the alliteration was a nice bonus. The team colors are purple, grey, and a color that I'm going to call turquoise. Hopefully, the Coyotes would begin play in the summer of 2015.

countryblockcoyotesuniforms_zpsf1de6cc9.

So here they are. What does everyone think? Are the numbers too goofy? I was trying to tie the number to the wordmark. Thanks for taking a look and, as always, any comments are appreciated.

countryblockcoyotesuniforms_zps0c7433c9.

countryblockcoyotesuniforms_zps5a5f4cf3.

LOVE the unique color scheme and also the different POV for the howling coyote...the "CB" logo has a CLASSIC look to it, though I would suggest a slightly different outline to make the "CB" letters stand out individually. (again, should you produce a set of league caps, I wanna buy the whole set!)

bYhYmxh.png

Yeah I was wondering about the hat logo. Maybe I should swap the colors? I will try that and get the update posted.

EDIT: Changed the hat logo and posted two new options and added it to the original post. Personally, I prefer the second but I think both are more legible now. Thanks for the input MBurmy.

Yeah I was wondering about the hat logo. Maybe I should swap the colors? I will try that and get the update posted.

EDIT: Changed the hat logo and posted two new options and added it to the original post. Personally, I prefer the second but I think both are more legible now. Thanks for the input MBurmy.

I like the last one...one letter gray and one letter turquoise provides a SOLID contrast.

bYhYmxh.png

I like the last one...one letter gray and one letter turquoise provides a SOLID contrast.

I agree. Thats what I meant, the second of the new ones. It is miles better if you ask me.

Now we are onto the second expansion team of the second season. The Camp Ellis Whitetails will compete in the North Division of the SFWL. The name was derived from the trophy whitetail deer that Fulton County, namely the Spoon River Valley that Camp Ellis is partially set in. The team colors are blaze orange, for the vests worn by shotgun hunters, and a kelly-ish green. The number and wordmark font is the Autzen font from Conrad's thread.

campellisbucksuniforms_zpsde6d964c.png

As always, any comments and feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks for you time.

campellisbucksuniforms_zpsafa06a0d.png

Now we are onto the second expansion team of the second season. The Camp Ellis Whitetails will compete in the North Division of the SFWL. The name was derived from the trophy whitetail deer that Fulton County, namely the Spoon River Valley that Camp Ellis is partially set in. The team colors are blaze orange, for the vests worn by shotgun hunters, and a kelly-ish green. The number and wordmark font is the Autzen font from Conrad's thread.

campellisbucksuniforms_zpsde6d964c.png

As always, any comments and feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks for you time.

Nice balance...orange and green is a hugely underrated color combo, and that deer's head is solid.

bYhYmxh.png

Archived