Summer Wiffleball League (Team 12 : Marbletown Shooters *updated*)

8BW14

Made some changes to the Whitetails. The more I looked at the hat, the less I liked it so I tried a "W" in an antler style. I think it's better but I'm not 100% sure about it. Also I got rid of the wordmark under the logo on the jersey because it just looked tacked Because of that, I enlarged the logo a bit. Anyway, All of the updates can be seen in the original Camp Ellis post. Are they improvements? I'm really looking for some feedback on the hat. Thanks.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made some changes to the Whitetails. The more I looked at the hat, the less I liked it so I tried a "W" in an antler style. I think it's better but I'm not 100% sure about it. Also I got rid of the wordmark under the logo on the jersey because it just looked tacked Because of that, I enlarged the logo a bit. Anyway, All of the updates can be seen in the original Camp Ellis post. Are they improvements? I'm really looking for some feedback on the hat. Thanks.

The Antler-W is AMAZING! Seriously, if you produced that cap, it would SELL even among folk who don't know a thing about this league (just like the Lake Elsinore Storm "eyes-cap" sells even among those who don't know a thing about that team)

bYhYmxh.png

The Antler-W is AMAZING! Seriously, if you produced that cap, it would SELL even among folk who don't know a thing about this league (just like the Lake Elsinore Storm "eyes-cap" sells even among those who don't know a thing about that team)

Well I'm glad you like the new hat. I definitely think the new logo stands up next to the other hats around the league better. The original kind of looked like a cop-out after I took another look at it. If I had the means or resources to produce fully custom hats I absolutely would, especially if the demand was really high. Anyway, thanks for your feedback on these. Team number 9 is coming up soon.

Alright, back to the SFWL South we go for the next team, the Leesburg Condors. The condors are an expansion team that would hopefully begin play in 2016, if the league really gains in popularity. Obviously, the condor has no connection to west-central Illinois, but I chose the name for the sole reason that it was unique and fun. The Condors' colors are burgundy, black, and gold and I will say that the jersey style is different from every other team. Here they are: The Leesburg Condors:

leesburgcondorsuniforms_zpsa944b734.png

Your input or feedback is always appreciated. I would love to hear what everyone has to say. Thanks.

Solid look...though I'd have to say that wing kinda looks like a headdress (if Native American nicknames weren't so frowned upon nowadays, it would be an IDEAL logo for an HS team with one of these)

bYhYmxh.png

Solid look...though I'd have to say that wing kinda looks like a headdress (if Native American nicknames weren't so frowned upon nowadays, it would be an IDEAL logo for an HS team with one of these)

Yeah I can definitely see how it could be perceived as a headdress. I had such a hard time coming up with a good condor logo that I thought the winged L would be the next best option. Can I tweak it and make it better or should I just start over with a new concept for Leesburg?

Yeah I can definitely see how it could be perceived as a headdress. I had such a hard time coming up with a good condor logo that I thought the winged L would be the next best option. Can I tweak it and make it better or should I just start over with a new concept for Leesburg?

Whatever you think you want to do with it...I trust you'll come up with something classic!

bYhYmxh.png

So while I'm working on something new for Leesburg, I am going to go ahead and present the fourth expansion team for the SFWL, the Bernadotte BlueCats. Bernadotte is a small town in the Spoon River Valley. Bernadotte has a rich history and the population of the town exploded during the time when Camp Ellis was thriving. There is a dam on the Spoon River at Bernadotte and the locals, including people like me from the nearby towns, like to sit on the dam when the water is low enough and catch catfish in the churning water at the bottom of the dam. So, here they are, the Bernadotte BlueCats:

bernadottebluecats_zps4915a0fe.png

I can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts and as always, C&C is definitely welcome, thanks.

Thanks a lot guys. The catfish is one of my favorite logos I have done and I'm glad it is appreciated. The glowsticks is an interesting idea. It sounds like it would be a lot of fun and I'm all for acting like a 12 year old kid again. Also, there will be a new team up tomorrow and a major overhaul for Leesburg.

Alright here we go. I have a brand new team and an overhaul for another team and I have to give MBurmy the credit for the names of both of these teams. First we have the Leesburg Revenuers, who will be replacing the Leesburg Condors in the SFWL South Division. The Revenuers are named after the federal agents in charge of sniffing out moonshine and bootlegging operations and taking them down. MBurmy brought the name to my attention originally which would create a neat rivalry with the Summum Moonshiners, also of the South Division, and I loved it. The logo and colors are based on the badge carried by the ATF agents from 1927 to 1930. I think the simple design really lends itself well to a strong sports logo. So without further ado, here are the Leesburg Revenuers:

LeesburgRevenuers1_zpsd2ded685.png

The second team for today is the 11th team that would be brought into the league in the third round of expansion. The Spoon River Hilltoppers will play in the North Division, hopefully beginning in the 2017 summer. MBurmy provided the name, which was derived from the Hilltop Cemetery from Edgar Lee Masters' Spoon River Anthology. I love the historical connection and I think the name has a good ring to it. The Hilltoppers' team colors are burgundy and green.

spoonriverhilltoppersuniforms_zpsf0eca84

I really want to thank MBurmy for his help with this project. Without his help, I probably never would have thought of these two, and a few more, teams. What does Everyone think? C&C is always welcome, as well as any comments. There's only one team left and after that I will get to work on the All Star logo and some other extra things. Thanks for taking a look.

Alright, well here we are at the last team, for now: The Marbletown Shooters. The name is a play on words brought to my by MBurmy, once again. Per his suggestion, I went with a "shooter" marble theme for the team from the team from the small town on the Illinois River. I also chose a pretty unique color scheme of lemon yellow, light blue, and teal and I thin it works really well

marbletownshootersuniforms_zpsfe74f91b.p

Well this is the last of the new teams for now. What does everyone think? Do the colors work well together? I would love to hear what everyone thinks, thanks.

marbletownshootersuniforms_zps118b12c9.p

LOVE the marble logo and the color combination! Only thing I could possibly suggest improvement on is the cap logo (hard to make out the "M" and the "S"). I think the marble logo would be a GREAT cap logo!

bYhYmxh.png

LOVE the marble logo and the color combination! Only thing I could possibly suggest improvement on is the cap logo (hard to make out the "M" and the "S"). I think the marble logo would be a GREAT cap logo!

Thanks a lot. I was hoping the colors would go over well and thanks for the idea for the team name. I can definitely see what you mean about the hat monogram. I will update it with the marble on the hat.

EDIT: updated Marbletown in the original post. I agree, I think the marble logo looks great on the cap.

Archived