NFL Redesign - Falcons added, Panthers and Jags updated (10/32)

RO_

Dolphins: I like it. A lot. But on the orange alt, the extra pants aren't necessary. In fact, they are detrimental. The orange stripe throws off the uniform because you've still got the aqua stripe on the helmets. But this is still a huge upgrade.

Vikings: I'm in the same boat as nuordr with the face mask. It looks okay and only okay when you get to the grey pants sets. I'd go with white, gold, purple, or black. The grey pants/jersey are unnecessary IMO. They don't really fit. Black is a much better choice, but I'd stay away from that too. The outlined numbers don't work on the home. The yellow/gold and white bleed together big time and muddy up the jersey. On the white it looks pretty good; on the grey it looks even worse.

Great job, I was not expecting such high quality work on a first post/from a new poster. Keep it up!

spacer.png

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but grey facemasks don't bother me much, though I do understand why they are hated around here. Black was my first choice for this concept, actually. But because I wanted to add the grey jersey/pant options, I felt it wouldn't look right when paired together. I didn't want to do purple because to me it'd end up looking like a recoloring of the Seahawks. I don't think gold or white would look very good, so I went with grey. I appreciate all of the feedback and I'm not offended by any of it. I wouldn't have posted it here if I didn't want constructive criticism. I wanted to try something different and I knew the grey would get some hate, haha.

I'm going to go back and tweak a few things on the Vikings, in the meantime, here's the Dolphins' orange alt updated with the aqua striped white pants. I agree, it looks so much better.

Miami_Alt03_02_zps9bcca2a3.jpg

Here are the Vikings updated with a couple of changes:

-Black facemask and eliminated all grey options

-Removed the gold outlines on the numbers. I agree that it worked for the away but on the home it made the numbers look really wide. I didn't think it'd look right having outlines on one jersey but not the other so the numbers are solid.

-No alt jerseys/pants other than purple. I don't think black would look very good at all. Gold crossed my mind, but the way I have this redesign looking in my head only one team will have a gold jersey and I want it to be unique to them. Hope I didn't spoil anything. Here we go:

Home:

MIN_Home_2_zps48fc24de.jpg

Away:

MIN_Away_2_zpsead5d89f.jpg

Purple pants:

MIN_Alt02_2_zpsd0a9bcb8.jpg

MIN_Alt01_2_zpsd8e31820.jpg

I have two more teams done, but they need to be cleaned up a bit. A third is in the works and I'm really liking the direction it took, I'll try to have one of them up later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Thanks dsaline! Here are the Cowboys, the first team I've done that hasn't recently had their uniforms changed. Like a lot of people my first goal was to unify the jerseys and utilize only one shade of blue and silver. My original idea was to use silver green as a trim, but I couldn't decide which other shades of to roll with.

So I used them all.

-Primary colors are their current navy and silver, used on their dark jerseys

-Sleeves now feature a gradient utilizing various shades the team has used in the past. This pattern is carried over to the socks.

-The pant stripe begins as their classic stripe pattern, then fades into the gradient as it travels up. This is also carried over onto the helmet.

-New block font. I originally had it as their current font but it looked out of place. I needed something a little different, this is Oregon State's font I believe and I think it really works here.

-New wordmark mimicking the old one using the new font. Nothing too special here.

-White and navy pant options. Here we go:

Primary white:

DAL_Light_zps730c327a.jpg

Primary navy:

DAL_Dark_zps397c317d.jpg

White pant options:

DAL_Alt01_zps64006629.jpg

DAL_Alt03_zps6413990b.jpg

Navy pant options:

DAL_Alt02_zps69344148.jpg

DAL_Alt04_zps23af7472.jpg

The shades are in the gradient are:

1. Navy - used in their current dark jerseys

2. Royal - from their 1960 set

3. Royal - their current shade

4. Silver green

5. Metallic blue - from their 1964 set

6. Silver - their current shade

You have an interesting concept here. I'm not sure if it would fly in the real world though on account of the similarities to Arizona and the inevitable comparisons to the Houston Astros rainbow guts. but I really like it a lot. I do have a couple suggestions though. Maybe try the gradient blue on either side of the white stripe on the helmet instead of the back and the number font jut doesn't do it for me. Maybe its just because I already know it's Oregon State's but maybe try the Cowboy's old serif font? Just a thought, but overall this is really creative and very well done.

I had a totally different idea for the Cowboys in my head, but once I had all those swatches laid out next to each other I thought "that might work" and went with it. I like the way the sleeves and socks came out, the helmet and pant stripes were a bit of a challenge. I wanted to unify the set by incorporating the gradient somehow, and I felt solid striping would look off. I'm going to try the gradient on the sides of the white stripe that was suggested and see how that looks.

I was worried that a traditional font like their old serifed one would look out of place on this concept, but I mocked it up real quick last night and it actually looked pretty nice. Thanks for the feedback, I'd like a little more on this Cowboys set and I'll post updates later.

Well I've been sick since Friday, so I only have a small update to the Cowboys. I changed their font to their old one with the serifs. I tried a couple of new ways to implement the gradient into the helmet and pant stripes but couldn't find one that I was satisfied with, so I stuck with what I had, though I do appreciate the suggestions. I may go back and revisit the Cowboys but for now I'm ready to move onto the next team.

DAL_Light_2_zpsb726e4e5.jpg

DAL_Dark_2_zpsc5f2af15.jpg

DAL_Alt01_2_zpsab0c8954.jpg

DAL_Alt02_2_zpsd9db39ce.jpg

DAL_Alt03_2_zps565346bd.jpg

DAL_Alt04_2_zpse8d325ce.jpg

Before I got sick I managed to finish the Buccaneers, so I will have those up later this evening. Thanks for looking!

Archived