World License Plate redesign *Caithness and Manitoula*

1clkgtramg

South Australia is BEAUTIFUL! However, I think a gradient would make this plate look much prettier than just solid lines separating the colors.

Thanks. I still havent mastered gradients yet. The program gets a little glitchy when you go to edit a gradient that's already been edited, its strange. I could probably get my friend who has Illustrator to make it a gradient.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although the design looks good, I'm not really a fan of the SA plate, the colours and design aren't very representative of the state and nobody calls it the festival state, I would change that to either "south Australia, heaps good" or something else intirely

For the colours I would probably try using a red blue and yellow, as those are the states colours.

The reason I mentioned changing colours for nsw is because black and gold are instantly recognised as wa (no matter what is the dominant colour) throughout Australia

Although the design looks good, I'm not really a fan of the SA plate, the colours and design aren't very representative of the state and nobody calls it the festival state, I would change that to either "south Australia, heaps good" or something else intirely

For the colours I would probably try using a red blue and yellow, as those are the states colours.

The reason I mentioned changing colours for nsw is because black and gold are instantly recognised as wa (no matter what is the dominant colour) throughout Australia

Alright, I'll work on that. Although I'm not trying to get too realistic with the World plates.

And for the last 2 which were the first 2, and then I will do the outlying territories and possibly Oceania.

14212571073_ed182b61ac_b.jpg

14192378084_a9836c327d_b.jpg

14169290016_718f779c15_b.jpg

14192441935_7a78a6cfa7_b.jpg

14005767159_dd244fe559_b.jpg

14005820627_2a56af30dd_b.jpg

I just had the chance to go through this thread from start to finish. This is great. The highlights for me so far is the Oregon dark blue, Iowa light blue and that Australia green. Awesome job on all of these. I'll be checking back again.

Thanks, nice to have more people here :)

I'm wondering if you guys still want me to do Europe as well. I have a few left in Canada and US, and then the rest of Oceania left to do. I'm hitting a dry spell again and am a little bit busy so I haven't been working on any for a while.

btw does anyone know how to add a poll to a thread or does that have to occur prior to the threads creation?

and I will mention again, if anyone wants specialty plates done, just ask and I will make it.

Thanks guys! I have done that too, where I ignore a thread, then decide to take a look near the end and am blown away.

I made the poll because I know a lot of people don't like posting (over 20,000 views and only 300 replies, most are mine), so hopefully the poll helps me see how many people follow this thread.

I will try to get a few more plates soon, I may just post them at random now since ideas come from wherever.

yes sorry, I've just been getting too many messages and I hate that the notification doesnt go away after viewing. I'll get to it soon, I was busy with school stuff but I should have more free time this coming week.

Yes for Europe ! Will you do the countries (UE) or regions ?

Was debating the regions, but it will be far too much work. Plus, you are already doing France's regions - albeit in the proper EU style plate. I think the Countries and places like Kosovo, Northern Cyprus etc that aren't fully recognized countries.

• 3 weeks later...

When will you work on countries ?

I would like to say soon, but that would be lying.

I havent been interested in doing anymore in a while. I have other projects I'm working on (music related designs) as well as school. I don't like to have too much on my to-do list because I get stressed easily.

There is a chance I may start doing more mid-July but only time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

since we dont really do coloured and patterned plates here you should try some uk ones

heres the font

http://www.dafont.com/uk-number-plate.font

perhaps one for each county would be interesting but one for each country would work just as well

Thanks, I already have the UK plate font, but I had plans on continuing with my North Americanized style since the Euro size doesn't allow for much in the creativity department. Naoned Pride is already doing France plates too so there's really not much point. If I was to make plates, I would separate Scotland, England, Whales, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Bailiwick of Jersey and Bailiwick of Guernsey with Sark being separate. But it's unlikely to be any time soon.

In the meantime to keep this thread somewhat relevant, I have been playing around with this idea for a while. Nunavut is so hellbend on separating itself from NWT ever since they split in 1999 and I think they are making a mistake by getting rid of the NWT polar bear plate. As a compromise, I came up with an inukshuk design but its not turning as great as I expected. Let me know how to clean it up.

14373944288_1594588856_b.jpg

14373826619_ba2e179162_b.jpg

Archived