World License Plate redesign *Caithness and Manitoula*

1clkgtramg

damnit... I completely missed the LSU thing... See thats the thing that bugs me about the US. Over here, if you get something Red White and Blue, its just that, Red White and Blue, we don't go "ew the Habs suck".... If it's not Purple, then I have no idea at this point. If I include Green then it's too mardi gras. Using the flag will just look like Oklahoma... This state is really the only one killing me. No good vintage plates, no concistent culture, College Colour drama.... I really don't know what to do without it looking like the generics they have always had.

how is this?

13770416584_595905e858_b.jpg

13770439804_3cf2e87c15_b.jpg

And just incase anyone missed Arkansas on the last page, here it is... To those who have seen it, I'm sorry you had to see it again :P
13769752493_ce1b27fbc6_n.jpg13769752553_035e9c61a7_n.jpg13769752743_a588fe0db8_n.jpg

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What if you tried a gold background for Louisiana, then made the dies either purple or green, and used the other color for the divider? Something just seems "off" with the bordered version.

New Ontario isnt in Canada, Its a province in my imaginary country.

Does Magnus live there?

Depends, does he post relevant comments in others' threads?

Yes, but he will only live in New Ontario if there are high rises with roughly three times the population density of central Hong Kong. He subscribes to the "Agent Smith" philosophy on the human race. B)

Digging the green Washington plate. I always liked the '69-'88 white & green one; if the state ever decided to offer that as one of the special/custom plate options, one would be on my car ASAP.

However... I thought it'd be worth mentioning that all new "regular" plates in WA since late 2009 have had 7 characters (i.e., 1A11AAA), which would affect the placement of the silhouette of ol' George's head.

Beer on a license plate probably isn't a Hall of Fame idea, you have to admit. Also, there are plenty of farms in southern Wisconsin west and south of I-94. Also2, I thought only about a third of the state's population was in/around Milwaukee (though I'm sure it's closer to half once you add Madison).

After quickly and dirtily crunching numbers, it appears that just under half of Wisconsin's population lives between Madison and Kenosha. Still, that's a pretty large number for one corner of the state. And while there are some farms south of I-94, they're mostly in the sparsely populated areas like Walworth County. At the end of the day, the most prominent presence of the dairy industry in this part of the state is probably Mars Cheese Castle.

Besides, I think you can still allude to the brewing industry without actually putting a mug of beer on a license plate. Barley and hops, perhaps?

Thought one of the proposed designs for this year's Pride Fest logo was relevant to these comments.

10003887_10152103450078882_7827213972246

Independent of any other context clues (like, for instance, the word "Brewers"), that just looks like generic grain, and could just as easily fit Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, or North Dakota.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Digging the green Washington plate. I always liked the '69-'88 white & green one; if the state ever decided to offer that as one of the special/custom plate options, one would be on my car ASAP.

However... I thought it'd be worth mentioning that all new "regular" plates in WA since late 2009 have had 7 characters (i.e., 1A11AAA), which would affect the placement of the silhouette of ol' George's head.

Not sure what you mean about the 7 character plates. There is one with 7 characters already there with the head being at the bottom right. The head will move to its proper placement for the random character plates and then for custom, it will be at the bottom. At the start of the thread, I mentioned that I'm just putting numbers in regardless of what the actual format is. (I don't expect you to read back again though) All the plates follow 111/AAA in my world because that's what I'm familiar with in Ontario. (I never was a fan of plates giving away your county/city of residence. Land of the free? haha).

Here is an 8 character plate just to give you an idea of the spacing if the 7 character one had Washington Divider included.

13788244245_79c1bdc9ec_h.jpg

Regarding Nevada's current plates; it is not conclusive that the mountain graphic depicted on the plates is for sure the Sierra Nevadas. It could be any mountain range in Nevada, all of which get snow in the winter months. In fact, if you look at a topo map of the state, there are perhaps hundreds of mountain ranges in Nevada

Relief_map_of_USA_Nevada.png

So perhaps to residents in Reno, Sparks, Carson City, the plate features the Sierra Nevada mountains

Residents in Elko might see them as the Ruby mountains, and Las Vegas or Henderson residents might see the Spring mountains.

Snow capped mountains is a good icon for Nevada, given that anywhere you go in the state you are gonna see mountains, with snow in the winter months. Not to mention that the name of the state itself is Spanish for "clad in snow".

Ok well there is snow on it so assuming it is Sierra Nevada, since most places say it is.

I'm gonna move on because all it seems people want is for multiple plates for different spots in Nevada which isn't what this thread is about. Unless someone could give me a legitimate idea of how to fix it, then I'm just going to finish doing other plates and come back to it.

Edit: Working on something right now.

So lets just post Louisiana now. So I will keep the LSU Louisiana looking Plate and have this as an alternate plate. I just want to move passed this state before I hate it lol.

13788895514_3797f59c1b_n.jpg13788895614_99b1bb4e0f_n.jpg13788895604_a4e822cf05_n.jpg

Well, here is Missouri. Nothing fancy, I just had to get rid of that awful plate they currently have. I took heavy inspiration from the Dark Red plates of 1981-1998, but used the current wordmark and fixed the grammatical error in the state nickname. As a slight nod to the current plate, I kept the state shape as a divider rather than just a back drop. I really like this one even though it is very simple.

13788578423_c6a2e3c49c_n.jpg13788560165_d09488d0b5_n.jpg13788578523_e3261523f0_n.jpg

Patiently waiting for New Jersey, who currently have one of the worst designs in the USA.

Patiently waiting for New Jersey, who currently have one of the worst designs in the USA.

LOL WUT?

LOL WUT?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

These are awesome, great work and creativity! I think the California alternate should be come the main one, and you should make a new alternate.

Thanks!

Cali has 2 Alts, which one are you refering to?

Ok so here goes....

I'm a little worried about this one. It is similar to my Iowa plate (which I have yet to post) in the sense that the city and agriculture landscape meets. That said, I think they are different enough to not have any problems with repetition; after all, most of these plates are the same shape right?

So I basically took the new "Welcome to Wisconsin" sign and based it around that. A Brown/Purple/Plum whatever you want to call it colour is the base, and we have Light Blue striping. Now here is the messy part; to the right we have a farm and a sail boat and what appears to be trees/clouds. That's all that is included on the sign, so I got 3 of the tallest buildings in Wisconsin, 2 buildings on the left are in Milwaukee - 100 East Wisconsin and Milwaukee Centre... ehm I mean CentER - and then there is the State Capitol in Madison. I didn't use the largest buildings, I only used those with unique looks so one could tell them a part. I realize the ratio for buildings to city is now off, but hopefully this limits complaints.

Now I'm really worried about the reception here - from Wisconsinites - as I am not too thrilled about how the city part turned out. I followed the same rules as the right side did, the Light Blue stuff touches the horizontal stripes but the actual detailed buildings float above it. It just seems a little off to me, I'm not sure.

Also, I didn't want to use America's Dairyland, but I also couldn't use the Cheese State because of the lack of cheese on the plate itself. "Forward" just didn't really fit either; it's just too short and motto's traditionally aren't on the plate. So I just went with the website even though it repeats the state's name in it. And the divider is the State Highway Sign that one of the Wisconsinites suggested; it is hard to see from a distance, but offers a sort of easter egg for those who own the plate - similar to the Kansas divider.

I think the only good thing about this plate is that you won't have to worry about another state using the same colours.

That should be enough of me trying to justify this strange design, so go ahead and hate on it, I'm ready :P

13833579664_37425d1f01_n.jpg13833579104_ea99485667_n.jpg13833579294_dcb92930ac_n.jpg

LOL WUT?

LOL WUT?

Our License Plates Suck

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well, here is Missouri. Nothing fancy, I just had to get rid of that awful plate they currently have. I took heavy inspiration from the Dark Red plates of 1981-1998, but used the current wordmark and fixed the grammatical error in the state nickname. As a slight nod to the current plate, I kept the state shape as a divider rather than just a back drop. I really like this one even though it is very simple.13788578423_c6a2e3c49c_n.jpg13788560165_d09488d0b5_n.jpg13788578523_e3261523f0_n.jpg

It won't work having the state shape where you do.

Our renewal stickers go center of the plate.

13833579664_37425d1f01_n.jpg13833579104_ea99485667_n.jpg13833579294_dcb92930ac_n.jpg

Love the color combination.

Interesting choice of buildings to represent Milwaukee. Personally, I'd have gone with the Quadracci Pavilion (Art Museum), the Allen-Bradley Clock Tower, or the First Wisconsin Center (aka US Bank Center). 100 E Wisconsin and the Milwaukee Center are nice looking buildings, but they can't really be seen from the lake, which bugs me because the sailboat from the other side seems to imply that the blue streaks are some type of water.... or maybe that's just me. :D

Either way, I'd consider this a definite upgrade over our current tags. Well done!

Archived