World License Plate redesign *Caithness and Manitoula*

1clkgtramg

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

since we dont really do coloured and patterned plates here you should try some uk ones

heres the font

http://www.dafont.com/uk-number-plate.font

perhaps one for each county would be interesting but one for each country would work just as well

Thanks, I already have the UK plate font, but I had plans on continuing with my North Americanized style since the Euro size doesn't allow for much in the creativity department. Naoned Pride is already doing France plates too so there's really not much point. If I was to make plates, I would separate Scotland, England, Whales, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Bailiwick of Jersey and Bailiwick of Guernsey with Sark being separate. But it's unlikely to be any time soon.

mind if i give it a go then?

Sure go ahead Tony.

and TGF, the bear one is unlikely, but it is the Nunavut Flag that its imitating. I tried my best to avoid bleeding and it is still legible, but I experimented with different positions and they all looked like hell.
I was more focused on the Inukshuk one to give them a special memorable design. Anything anyone can suggest to make it a little better? btw the Registration sticker goes in the middle

Now that I'm finally done school, I can worry more about this thread and other possible concepts. Too bad my mouse is being very glitchy today, so I will post some concepts I already have finished.

I'll worry about Nunavut later. Right now I have one radical redesign and one very minor one.

British Columbia's fuses their logo with the waves of their flag. I wanted to make sure it looked nothing like any of the states surrounding it so I thought this would fit nicely. For Ontario, I just brought back the 3 sublimated Trilliums in the centre that are reflectors. They used this for maybe 3 years about 5 years ago using the old Trillium logo, so I just brought it back to add a bit of life to our boring, yet historic plate.

14392336700_c5218604b6_b.jpg

14575663411_bbe453443a_b.jpg

14392471829_774f90a2cb_b.jpg

14575672731_c795b2be6c_b.jpg

14575672711_f96fa4eeef_b.jpg

14555939696_7e2094b2c9_b.jpg

LOVE the British Columbia plate! That's all I really gotta say because of how good it looks.

As for Ontario, I never really noticed a trillium reflector on Ontario plates. Pretty unique.

Great to see this thread is picking up steam again!

was hard to get a good pick of them but here are 2 plates. One has the 3 trilliums in the middle, and the other has one in top left corner.

14600517733_3986440d0d_b.jpg

14393811269_99710a17cf_b.jpg

14578632514_4637fde397_b.jpg

I've been holding on to these for a while, but since I'm not sure the timeline of this thread, I might as well just post them since they were long awaited.

New York's plates have always been pretty amazing. I have touched on 3 base eras and tied them together with matching patterning and fonts to make them fit together - they almost feel like Soccer Kits.

Many hate the Gold/Blue Empire Gold plates but they are originally a tribute to the 1974-1984 Gold Plates. Prior to that, NY used a reversed colour scheme. I flipped the wordmark to the bottom and got rid of the curve in favour for a flat horizontal stripe. The NY state divider remains.

The next is the Liberty plate from 1986 to 2001. This one - albeit very simple - is one of my favourites. The only thing that bugged me was that the Statue of Liberty was just floating. A small note is that the NEW YORK script is off centre due to the positioning of the flame, but you barely notice it when it all ties together. The same stylized stripe from the Gold one is on this one as well, same font too.

This one is a more recent design that started in 2001-2010. I must say although its cluttered, I liked this one as well and prefer it over the newer Empire Gold Plate. This one ties in everything from Niagara Falls, the Appalacian Mountains and NYC. Remaking it was a real annoyance but I think it looks alright, I also added the new WTC since the last one didnt have it. Same stripes appear on this one.

14565945246_4e6231f124_b.jpg

14588288952_3bd79174d3_b.jpg

14587127324_6a3783cab3_b.jpg

14402413079_0e73e94676_b.jpg

14402340730_da822410d3_b.jpg

14588289602_e943dae96d_b.jpg

14402380858_0588f8b72e_b.jpg

14402413249_24feea30be_b.jpg

14402568207_d251d7ede1_b.jpg

I don't know if you knew or not, but the Government of Alberta planning on changing the provincial licence plate. They are sending out survey's to see which of the three designs are liked the best by the population.

"The design with the most votes will be selected for the new plate, which will be unveiled this fall. The new plate is expected to be available at Alberta Registries by Spring 2015"

There are some good designs...

http://alberta.ca/licence-plate-survey.cfm

I really like your cleaned-up New York plates. Very classy and elegant.

My only issue is that I feel that the "NEW YORK" on the "Empire Blue" plates is a bit too big. You should make it a bit smaller and I'm sold.

I don't know if you knew or not, but the Government of Alberta planning on changing the provincial licence plate. They are sending out survey's to see which of the three designs are liked the best by the population.

"The design with the most votes will be selected for the new plate, which will be unveiled this fall. The new plate is expected to be available at Alberta Registries by Spring 2015"

There are some good designs...

http://alberta.ca/licence-plate-survey.cfm

They are some pretty good designs, indeed! I liked Option 1 the best with Option 3 a rather close second.

I voted for #1 because in reality, it would be easier to read than the gradient one. both are pretty solid, but I feel both need some work. #1 is too artificial, #2 is too realistic, if there was some common ground between them, it would be great. I would also prefer Wild Rose Country at the bottom rather than Alberta.ca. The provinces haven't caught on to the US's advertisements on the plates and I wish they never do - either way, I got my "Yours to Discover" plates before they change, if they do.

Another custom Province plate. I may change the website link since I have finally established a name for my country, or I may keep it because I don't believe it's taken yet - at least on its own, like Canada.

14442504857_38f38e2cab_b.jpg

14442504707_c449036b5c_b.jpg

14442298888_437231bf11_b.jpg

I will also put links to my States/Provinces/Territories individual links from Nation States so if anyone wants to see the flag and such. Working on history's too, but only East York has one so far.

EDIT
The country's name is Tamaria, in case anyone was wondering.
Google Document link

Batavia (Territory)

British Olympia (Province)

East Gwillimbury (Province)

East York (Province)

Laurel (Territory)

Mississauga (State)

Mitchoia (State)

Montarado (State)

New Catalunya (State)

New Ontario (Province)

Perpignan (Province)

Stirling Islands (Bailiwick (Territory))

St. Ionia (District)

Talapia (Territory)

York (Province)

Another custom Province plate. I may change the website link since I have finally established a name for my country, or I may keep it because I don't believe it's taken yet - at least on its own, like Canada.

14442504857_38f38e2cab_b.jpg

14442504707_c449036b5c_b.jpg

14442298888_437231bf11_b.jpg

I will also put links to my States/Provinces/Territories individual links from Nation States so if anyone wants to see the flag and such. Working on history's too, but only East York has one so far.

EDIT

The country's name is Tamaria, in case anyone was wondering.

Google Document link

Batavia (Territory)

British Olympia (Province)

East Gwillimbury (Province)

East York (Province)

Laurel (Territory)

Mississauga (State)

Mitchoia (State)

Montarado (State)

New Catalunya (State)

New Ontario (Province)

Perpignan (Province)

Stirling Islands (Bailiwick (Territory))

St. Ionia (District)

Talapia (Territory)

York (Province)

interesting

york is a city in north yorkskshire (i live in the south of the county) and we use the white rose as our emblem, so if this is a made up place its bloody ironic you should pick a white flower lol

yorkshire2008_2_1.gif

haha, it's not irony, it was in fact on purpose. I know that York (UK) has the White Rose as a popular symbol, where in Ontario, the White Trillium is the Provincial Flower. York (Canada) is the old name for Toronto - my hometown - and that's where I got the name from. Also, the Canadian York has a Trillium in the logo as well so I wanted to touch on both namesakes by doing it this way.

haha, it's not irony, it was in fact on purpose. I know that York (UK) has the White Rose as a popular symbol, where in Ontario, the White Trillium is the Provincial Flower. York (Canada) is the old name for Toronto - my hometown - and that's where I got the name from. Also, the Canadian York has a Trillium in the logo as well so I wanted to touch on both namesakes by doing it this way.

i like that

its nice to see a guy doing research

• 1 month later...

So it appears that this section of the forums is starting to get some views so I guess I should continue my License Plate adventures haha. After driving to NYC and back, seeing all those license plates sparked me to continue this series. It doesn't help that my internet just seems to not want to work for the last few weeks.

So my creativity might not be at its peak especially with the NHL Soccer Crossover Thread I've been working on, but I wanted a simple clean, black look for Virginia. I have had this logo in my head for a while and I think I finally got it down. Basically I am trying to put 4 Virginia icons/symbols together. The Anchor is pretty obvious, the chevrons represent the Navy as well as being a tree (it originally was just a tree) representing the Appalachian Mountains. Then I flipped it over and realized it was shaped like a heart - Virginia is for lovers - it just kinda worked.

14721962247_f3cb0bdcc9_z.jpg
14721962297_26f44b02e2_b.jpg
14721906338_f3a6a6a3ed_b.jpg
14885533136_6a58c3bcc4_b.jpg

Here's some Rhode Island. I wanted to make a square plate like the flag but was too troublesome so I just made a rope boarder and used the anchor from the flag offset to the left. Pretty simple but I absolutely hate that stupid looking wave plate design so I felt this was the best move.

14910937365_2c8dfd5ac8_b.jpg
14887950716_2fdeb61d1d_b.jpg
14910937285_ef6c20cf7d_b.jpg

Archived