Impact Arena Football - Board Game - 24th July - Work Resuming

robo3687

Seattle- Legends. Like Bigfoot.

Vancouver- Wolves? Grey Wolves maybe?

Honolulu- Islanders

Miami- Blaze? You could look at some old Dolphins suggestions.

Atlanta- Olympians. Hosted the Olympics once.

Any way you could explain the board game a little bit? I'm really anxious to see what that's going to be like.

Hey I liked Atlanta Olympians very original. Should make either Zeus or Ares logo on the side of helmet either way or a spartan.

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you not believe in logos on helmet? I am of the opinion that unless you are Army, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh Steelers, Cleveland Browns, Penn State, Ohio State, and Boston College that you SHOULD have a logo on both sides of the helmet.

Not at all, my feeling with helmet design is that it can all be a bit 'samey' if you just go 'logos and a helmet stripe' for every design.

At the moment with football (college and NFL) people are that far away that the only appreciable design element of a helmet they can really see is the shell colour. Since people are (relatively) a bit closer in arena football I wanted my helmet designs to be ones that encompassed the whole helmet (shell, facemask, even visor) to become an easily identifiable 'logo' of their own and that could be appreciated from closer distances.

I will still be having helmets with logos on the side (the Atoms will be one) but even they aren't guaranteed to be 'traditional' style helmets, though I'm sure there'll be a couple of those as well.

Boston Crusaders

I'd done a version of this logo (on the left) back when I did the uniform, but comparing it with the ones I'd done in the last few days I wasn't happy with it, so I redid it (on the right)

c9p0.jpga1mt.jpg

and with that one done I've now finished up the logos for the Northern Conference East Divsion, here they are all together.

a1mt.jpgl726.jpg3iqw.jpg

---------

with the Atlanta Olympians thing, I like the theme but am not overly jazzed about the name, but I was thinking I could probably stretch that to the Atlanta Titans couldn't I? Would still cover greek gods

Guest darkpiranha

Keep em coming! These all look like a real, established league, rather than the sorry logos you see in board games and video games and movies.

thanks guys, means alot

-------

meanwhile it's been a boring old night/afternoon here and as such I have 2 more logos done...lol

Firstly I've decided to go with the Atlanta Titans for my Atlanta team, and the logo (the first southern conference team to get one) is a sort of spartan-y/centurion-ish/leonidas-y mix of a guy....I'm not 100% settled on him yet...the mouth area seems weird and I don't know if I should try and add some hint of his other arm....thoughts?

and I have started work on the West Division of the Northern conference, first off the line is the Portland Prowlers, really pleased with how this one came out, I figured the mountain lion was a good choice of animal.

hxda.jpgqsjh.jpg

I wouldn't go maple leafs since their is a hockey team in Toronto with the same name. Plus, the proper spelling would actually be leaves I believe. I think the Maple Leafs name comes from some historical background with the Toronto team itself. I may be wrong, though.

Also, a name I've always liked for any sort of Island team is Tide. Honolulu Red Tide sounds pretty good.

I agree with the two other guys who suggested Seattle Kings. They never got to be fully realized, so I'd be interested in how that look would turn out (purple and gold). I can understand your interest in doing something that ties in with Boeing, though, and the colors I'd assume such a team would have, steel grey and presumably some sort of blue, would be very Seattle.

Your logos are great. As someone interested in uniform design but sorta clueless on how to approach designing logos, you're really impressive. I like how you're giving each team their own font too. The Mustangs one is especially cool, and I like the idea of the Springfield Atoms's, but I feel like right now the imbalance of blue to the white looks off to me, as does the way the m leads into the s.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Y'know, I might actually do the Seattle Kings, purple and gold has always appealed to me as a colour combo, and I think I've got a really cool idea for the logo....

stay tuned...

Edit: I'll also take another look at the atoms word mark

I wouldn't go maple leafs since their is a hockey team in Toronto with the same name. Plus, the proper spelling would actually be leaves I believe. I think the Maple Leafs name comes from some historical background with the Toronto team itself. I may be wrong, though.

i was thinking the same thing with Vancouver, so Maple Leafs is off the board. Anyone got any ideas for Vancouver? the wolves were mentioned earlier...but yeah...I'm kind of blanking on ideas...

----

but in good news...I've had a productive few hours...may I present...

The Seattle Kings

Thoughts?

xii7.jpg

-----

I also had a look at the Atoms wordmark and I think it's a bit better now

d2lx.jpg

I love that idea for the Kings! Using the Needle as the centerpoint for the crown, perfect. I feel like there may be too many lines going on, but I'll leave that judgment for people who know more about logo design. The font is also great, seems to be harkening back to the past, and then the modern logo successfully bridges the gap. In fact, the wordmark is the sort of thing I'd save and want to show off/see used in any Seattle Kings concept out there.

I don't know if this is because of your change to the Atoms wordmark or because I just noticed it, but why is the O so close to the T and so far from the M?

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

How about the Vancouver Kodiaks?

This whole series has been fantastic. These logos are perfect. I'm liking that Kings logo. The Atoms name is unique, but works pretty well.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Wow, the Kings and Atoms both look great, and using the Space Needle as the "crown jewel" in the Kings logo is just genius. The color scheme doesn't really say "Seattle" to me, but it is fitting for a royal-themed team, so that's probably just a matter of preference.

These are really good, I like the aggressive style (though the blood-tipped-tooth of the prowlers might be overkill), the Seattle Kings idea is great. Maybe you could try personalizing the wordmarks a bit more, but overall I like your typeface selections.

sig-01_zpsb2ab3976.png

Archived