Impact Arena Football - Board Game - 24th July - Work Resuming

robo3687

NOTE: This first post is currently out of date regarding Conference alignments and number of teams, I hope to update it soon, for more up to date team lists check page 8

I'm in the middle of designing an arena football based board game (well attempting to anyway) and it dawned on me that I'd probably need some fictional teams that players could use. So as a side project, and something to play with when my brain starts hurting from working out rules, I thought I'd design some uniforms and logos for my teams.

Teams are grouped into Northern and Southern conferences with 3 divisions each (East, Central and West) with each of those having 3 teams, for a total of 18 teams.

Northern Conference
West
Portland Prowlers - Home - Away - Logo
Seattle Kings - Home - Away - Logo
Vancouver Wolfpack - Home - Away - Logo
Central
Omaha Mustangs - Home - Away - Logo
Springfield Atoms - Home - Away - Logo
Wisconsin Stags - Home - Away - Logo
East
Boston Crusaders - Home - Away - Logo
New York Enforcers - Home - Away - Logo
Washington Federals - Home - Away - Logo
Southern Conference
West
Honolulu Wave
Las Vegas Rollers
San Diego Armada - Home - Away - Logo
Central
Oklahoma Stampede - Home - Away - Logo
Phoenix Firebirds - Home - Away - Logo
Austin Rattlers - Home - Away - Logo
East
Huntsville Hammers - Home - Away - Logo
Atlanta Titans - Home - Away - Logo
St Petersburg Pelicans - Home - Away - Logo
Not all the names/locations are final and are almost certain to change.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New York Enforcers

Division: North Eastern

Hometown: Manhattan, NY

Stadium: Madison Square Garden

Notable Players: Leo Booker (QB), Judge McTaggart (RB), Waylon Justice (DT)

Notes: I'm really really pleased with how this came out. The basic idea was to base the design of the uniforms/logos on the NYPD. I'm particularly pleased with how the helmet came out.

{click for bigger}

shwi.jpg

bv8d.jpgw463.jpg

I'm in the middle of designing an arena football based board game (well attempting to anyway) and it dawned on me that I'd probably need some fictional teams that players could use. So as a side project, and something to play with when my brain starts hurting from working out rules, I thought I'd design some uniforms and logos for my teams.

But first I needed the actual teams. I decided on 12 teams split into four 3 team divisions (North Eastern, South Eastern, South Western and North Western).

North Eastern Division

Boston Crusaders - Boston, Massachusetts

New York Enforcers - Manhattan, New York - Link

Springfield Atoms - Springfield, Vermont

North West Division

Omaha Mustangs - Omaha, Nebraska

Portland Beavers - Portland, Oregon

Wisconsin Woodsmen - Milwaukee, Wisconsin

South East Division

Huntsville Hammers - Huntsville, Alabama

Oklahoma Stampede - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Orlando Orbits - Orlando, Florida

South West Division

Las Vegas High Rollers - Las Vegas, Nevada

Phoenix Firebirds - Phoenix, Arizona

San Diego Armada - San Diego, California

I'll be posting the first one in just a sec.

Absolutely love the first concept you made. it has a lot of character and honoring the NYPD is a perfect idea for a New York concept.

However, I have a few comments about some of the names you chose for Portland.

instead of Beavers, a team name already used in the city, why not give Loggers a try? Another common one is Pioneers, however that's also used by a college nearby.

thanks soarindude

yeah the beavers was one of the names i wasn't too happy with....I'm open to all suggestions...

actually the North West Division as a whole was a bit of a struggle, I'm pretty happy with the names of the other 9 teams, but those 3 haven't really ever sat right with me. so yeah, all suggestions are welcome...

But first I needed the actual teams. I decided on 12 teams split into four 3 team divisions (North Eastern, South Eastern, South Western and North Western).

North Eastern Division

Boston Crusaders - Boston, Massachusetts

New York Enforcers - Manhattan, New York - Link

Springfield Atoms - Springfield, Vermont

North West Division

Omaha Mustangs - Omaha, Nebraska

Portland Beavers - Portland, Oregon

Wisconsin Woodsmen - Milwaukee, Wisconsin

South East Division

Huntsville Hammers - Huntsville, Alabama

Oklahoma Stampede - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Orlando Orbits - Orlando, Florida

South West Division

Las Vegas High Rollers - Las Vegas, Nevada

Phoenix Firebirds - Phoenix, Arizona

San Diego Armada - San Diego, California

I'll be posting the first one in just a sec.

Absolutely love the first concept you made. it has a lot of character and honoring the NYPD is a perfect idea for a New York concept.

However, I have a few comments about some of the names you chose for Portland.

instead of Beavers, a team name already used in the city, why not give Loggers a try? Another common one is Pioneers, however that's also used by a college nearby.

And woodsmen isn't a great name for wisconsin. I used to live there. I suggest something nature like Bluejays or Moose

I thought the choice of Springfield, Vermont would raise a few eyebrows.

Firstly the reasoning behind the Springfield Atoms is a sentimental one. Every year when Madden came out I'd make the Springfield Atoms (a reference to the football team from the Simpsons) and run through multi year franchises with them. I got attached to the name and the team and when Madden removed the ability to make your own team I wanted them to live on somewhere, so I chose the board game.

Now as for the Vermont part, not my hometown (I'm from Australia), that was because it was the Springfield that became the 'official' Springfield around the time of the Simpsons movie.

However, I didn't realise that it's population was so small. Perhaps I could move it to Springfield, Illinois? They've got over 100,000.

----

re: the Portland Beavers - I was looking around at other cities in Oregon I could put a team in and thought about Salem. Would the Salem Warlocks work?

----

re: the Wisconsin Woodsmen - how about the Wisconsin/Milwaukee Stags?

----

re: the template - I plan on releasing it eventually, I just need to work out a few kinks in the organisation of layers and such.

----

re: the board game - i'll see if i can put together a few pics giving a look at the board and such soon.

----

----

I'm currently working on the Boston Crusaders, which will be an updated version of a London Crusaders concept I was doing for the Madden comp.

How about the Portland Prowlers? You could use a mountain lion/cougar for the logo

You could locate the team in Springfield, Massachusetts. It's in the northeast region of the US and it actually has a decently-sized arena

Boston Crusaders

Division: North Eastern

Hometown: Boston, Ma

Stadium: TD Garden

Notable Players: Kyle Stone (QB), Antwain Clancy (WR), Baldric Storm (DE)

Notes: Just the uniforms at the moment, I've still got some work to do on the wordmark and such so I'll post those later. This was originally a London Crusaders concept for the Madden comp before I realised I was inelligble. So for this project I moved it back Stateside and figured what better place than 'New' England?...hence the Boston Crusaders. The look is based off the appearance of the Crusader Knights from the middle ages. The trim is all a chrome-ish gold and the helmet would look something like the Rutgers helmets. In the grey there is a chainmaille pattern.

7eub.jpglw50.jpg

Woodsmen could work if the team played up north, but not in Milwaukee. I do like Stags though, and it could make for an awesome helmet.

Stags it is.....but I think I'll go with the Wisconsin Stags, as Milwaukee Stags is a bit close to the Milwaukee Bucks.

How about the Portland Prowlers? You could use a mountain lion/cougar for the logo

You could locate the team in Springfield, Massachusetts. It's in the northeast region of the US and it actually has a decently-sized arena

ah, I like the sound of the Prowlers....plus I don't have a cat themed team yet so that might just do the trick.

Nice designs so far and the overall overview of the Impact Arena League. Any chance you can explain your board game and how it's going to work? I am really interested in the conception of the board game.

Any chance of a Canadian team(s) being included in the league? Like Victoria, Vancouver, Edmonton or Calgary? Cheers

Archived