Dallas Cowboys Logo Concept

rjd0717

I'm new to the community and to Adobe Illustrator. I have a little bit of experience with photoshop, but the whole logo design thing is new to me. I'ne only been doing this for a week and working on my second design.

The reason I chose the Dallas Cowboys is because I feel like the whole organization needs a face lift. (From the owner to the waterboy) A got a lot of the inspiration from the Dallas Desperados and also stayed with the Cowboys old star and added a little bit to the font. Would love constructive criticismc111.png.

Not too bad to be honest. It reminds me of the Dallas Desperadoes

DallasDesperados.png

A little too much inspiration from the Desperado logo. Don't get me wrong, it's a solid logo. But I am not sure the Cowboys would want a logo reflecting something that resembles the Desperadoes logo that much.

DallasDesperados.png

A little too much inspiration from the Desperado logo. Don't get me wrong, it's a solid logo. But I am not sure the Cowboys would want a logo reflecting something that resembles the Desperadoes logo that much.

That's how I felt when drawing it out. But there are not too many ways to depict a cowboy ,and still try to keep some of the Dallas Cowboy's tradition, without crossing into looking like the Desperados.

DallasDesperados.png

That's how I felt when drawing it out. But there are not too many ways to depict a cowboy ,and still try to keep some of the Dallas Cowboy's tradition, without crossing into looking like the Desperados.
how about you take a cowboy and place him on a horse...

Get that star centered in the type and closer to the large letters. Also, we want to see the bottom of the star and we want it to be the right shape because we know it as the logo. Otherwise restyle it completely. The C and the S are too big as well as the white outline. Be sensitive to sizes and thicknesses everything needs to relate to the letters and the art. Also if white is the outline, share the outline love with the star.

Patrick

Change the star from the preloaded stats Illustrator has. Just click the mouse and a pop-up window appears that lets you change the stats, how many points, how deep, etc...

Get that star centered in the type and closer to the large letters. Also, we want to see the bottom of the star and we want it to be the right shape because we know it as the logo. Otherwise restyle it completely. The C and the S are too big as well as the white outline. Be sensitive to sizes and thicknesses everything needs to relate to the letters and the art. Also if white is the outline, share the outline love with the star.

Patrick

Thanks!

1op3.png

whout about a mustache and a tough looking expression on the cowboy's face instead of the bandanda? just an option.

whout about a mustache and a tough looking expression on the cowboy's face instead of the bandanda? just an option.

Ah, the Wilford Brimley.

Update

1u4e.png

Something that is helping me get better with faces is to use lines and circles to build the face, line up the features and then the mouth and cheek bones. Try that with the mouth and you should get better results. The face is fine except for the mouth but it's close. The hair is fine but look at a cowboy hat and fix the brim. You're really close to a good logo!

Sorry but that's a really bad update

In his first post he stated that he was new to the site, and new to Illustrator and wanted constructive criticism, how is saying this constructive?

I agree with walkerws, the mouth is off, seams to big for his face. The curve you have on the side of the hat on the brim could go away, I've never seen a cowboy hat like that, should be rounded from front to back.

t8ojkk.jpg24fhb3a.pngopr7er.png23tfsx.png

In his first post he stated that he was new to the site, and new to Illustrator and wanted constructive criticism, how is saying this constructive?

I agree with walkerws, the mouth is off, seams to big for his face. The curve you have on the side of the hat on the brim could go away, I've never seen a cowboy hat like that, should be rounded from front to back.

Okay, the mouth is extremely big and doesn't fit the face of the cowboy. Try to make a little smaller. You actually are off to a really good start though.

Something that is helping me get better with faces is to use lines and circles to build the face, line up the features and then the mouth and cheek bones. Try that with the mouth and you should get better results. The face is fine except for the mouth but it's close. The hair is fine but look at a cowboy hat and fix the brim. You're really close to a good logo!

The curve in the hat can go. It's just something I took from Yosemite Sam after he would get in a shootout. It was just a way to show the cowboy has been in a battle.

Also should I just get rid of the teeth and just go for a Washington Redskin type of mouth?

For someone new to design and illustrator, that is a great update!

Your thin lines (ear) are to thin and disappear when small. Smaller mouth and as far as teeth go in this situation less is more. Try with no teeth, then a single line to separate top from bottom row or I've even seen a couple of plus signs work too. In the new option, the hat seems a little too small for the size of his chin line.

Hope that helps.

Patrick

Yes, try and work with the mouth and make it smaller to fit the face. If anything, I'd keep the Bandana but maybe tweak the facial structure of his face to get rid of the extreme similarity to that and the Deperatoes logo. I'm very excited to see the end result of this. It wouldn't surprise me if when good ole' Jerry Jones dies (While most of you hate him, I love the guy) that the team goes with a facelift similar to this. Would love to see what you could come up with.

Archived