NFL Expansion

MSRebel22

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't do Canada, they already have the CFL. If you are going to put a team in Portland call them the Sasquatches (Name that won contest for AFL team pick name, but was exchanged for Thunder) or I always liked the name Portland Rangers (Like a park Rangers for a forest) Make their primary color red whatever they are called (We are "Rose City") Otherwise good series hope to see your concepts and good luck.

Oh! And here are ideas for the other cities

LA Sting or Express

Birmingham Stallions or Beast

Orlando Renegades or Jaws

San Antonio Texans (Houston becomes the Voyagers [There's another concept for you])

Raleigh Aviators or Skyhawks

Can't wait to see your concepts!

npo_logo.png

I hate to be a Debbie downer, however this is already on Page 2 and has yet to show an image. I understand what you're trying to do and I'm backing you 100% but I feel before starting a thread you should have something complete. Especially since you still haven't gotten everything totally planned out yet.

LA Stars is such an overused name.

you get the Hollywood connection, right?

also, other than a long defunct minor league baseball team, where is it used?

in a lot of threads that I've read through involving LA, the Stars name always pops up. This name isn't original. And yes I gwt the Hollywood connection.

If Canada is unrealistic Alaska and Hawaii are definitely out of the question. Fielding pro teams in either would be a logistical nightmare when playing against teams in the lower 48. Toronto would be a fine city for an NFL team, large market with a stellar stadium in Rogers Centre. I expect the Bills to relocate as soon as Ralph Wilson kicks the bucket.

in a lot of threads that I've read through involving LA, the Stars name always pops up. This name isn't original. And yes I gwt the Hollywood connection.
Hollywood Stars is really overused. People who live in LA, don't even care that much about the industry, mainly tourist do.

NEWSGG copy.png

Sorry, I thought you were referring to actual teams, not imaginary ones.

No for Canada. Not realistic, the NFL will never work. Not even Toronto.

While I agree with this, not every state that doesn't have an NFL team would be realistic either.

It is a concept and fantasy.

But still leaving Canada out is good--if you want to do a Canadian city, make it a CFL expansion.

There are four provinces without a CFL team.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived