New York Islanders Concept

YouppiHabs

Positive: ...

Negative: Blatantly took someone else's design and used it for yourself.

No hierarchy, what should I look at first.

Ditch the towers, they've been lost for almost 13 years, that's like putting the Titanic on there, not needed.

Brand recognition, or the lack there of. A hockey stick and puck is quite generic, as well as stars. None scream Islanders at all.

Loose the bright orange and make it another color (white) the fewer colors the better.

This is pretty spot on.

Plus there's a lot going on in that logo. Towers, bridge, stars, stick, puck, and five colors. Simplify it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Positive: ...

Negative: Blatantly took someone else's design and used it for yourself.

No hierarchy, what should I look at first.

Ditch the towers, they've been lost for almost 13 years, that's like putting the Titanic on there, not needed.

Brand recognition, or the lack there of. A hockey stick and puck is quite generic, as well as stars. None scream Islanders at all.

Loose the bright orange and make it another color (white) the fewer colors the better.

For the most part I agree with this. The stars should definitely be changed to something else to show the 4 Stanley Cups. Still though I'm not sure if I like that idea because if they win a cup you add another star? But the reason they started that was because it was 4 in a row, so would they just keep 4 stars? I always thought the Islanders were living in the past whenever they use their 4 stripe design.

The stick and puck thought is an iconic look for the Islanders that I think should stay, but should be incorporated better. This has some potential, not quite there yet.

Love the use of the bridge. Towers not so much. Stars also add some noise. Maybe integrating an update of the existing NY with the "Y" still resembling a hockey stick along with the bridge and I think you've got it. Also, I like the color configuration!

Archived