Arena Football Uniform Concepts

apate93

I've wanted to try some concepts on Paint for a while now, and I decided to give it a shot. I decided to do the Jacksonville Sharks of the AFL. I didn't get too creative with this one, basing it off of this version with some minor edits.

Again, I didn't get too wild since it's my first concept. I may do an entire AFL makeover and go with some more crazy designs.

sharks_zpsd2679331.png

C&C welcome. Let me know what you all think.

I like the idea of the fin on the shoulder sleeves, although for some reason I wonder if it should be larger. Maybe that's just a preconception of the AFL or my obsession with big logos. One question: are there supposed to be stripes on the sides of the jerseys? It looks like with the whites there's a little bit of a red stripe under the player's arm, but that may just be a mistake, as there doesn't look to be anything like that on the reds. oh, here's a second question: what's your justification for that pants stripe? Is it supposed to be a blood in the water idea, or what's specifically Jacksonville Sharks about it?

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

The pant stripe is a slimmer version of what they have now, but the more I look at it, the less I like it. I'll probably do a revision with a different stripe.

Good catch on the jersey stripe. In an earlier draft I had a stripe on the side, but decided against it, and I guess I missed part. Another fix for the revision.

And it is pretty conservative. If I do decide to do more AFL teams, I'll get a little more extreme. ;)

Made some edits to the Sharks set. Fixed the uniform stripe error, made the NOB of the away red, and changed the pants stripe.

sharks_zps7daa65ed.png

Also, here is my version of the New Orleans VooDoo. I wanted to go away from the black they use now and make purple their primary uniform color again. Also made the helmet stripe a single red stripe.

voodoo_zpsd12e2f21.png

I present the Orlando Predators.

I wanted to emphasize the black, with red as a secondary and yellow as an accent color. To me, the name 'Predators' evokes images of 'stalking one's prey' and stealth. To incorporate this into the uniforms, I made the helmet, home jersey, and pants all black. I chose to do without any striping on the uniform to give it a streamlined look, while giving the helmet a red tapered stripe. The helmet decal is the eye from the logo, to give it a more unique (and AFL-ish) identity.

predators_zpsac7b1f23.png

Today, I give you the Tampa Bay Storm.

This set is a mix of new and old. The yellow is more of a gold than what they use now,but still is more of a yellow than gold. The primary helmet is a throwback to the team's previous helmet with the full wordmark. An alternate helmet uses simply the primary logo.

storm_zpsc33033d9.png

Little far fetched for this thread, but I'd be interested to see what you could do for a Tennessee Valley/Huntsville (AL) team. We had the Vipers for ever, and it went through so many changes. Tennessee Valley Vipers, TV Raptors, Alabama Vipers, TV Vipers, Vipers moved to Georgia, new Alabama Hammers (yellow hammer, state bird) came in after. All were like AF2 league and such.

Nice side project!

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Not bad. How about trying some af2 uniform concepts? You may come up with some great ideas should the league relaunch.

Little far fetched for this thread, but I'd be interested to see what you could do for a Tennessee Valley/Huntsville (AL) team. We had the Vipers for ever, and it went through so many changes. Tennessee Valley Vipers, TV Raptors, Alabama Vipers, TV Vipers, Vipers moved to Georgia, new Alabama Hammers (yellow hammer, state bird) came in after. All were like AF2 league and such.

Nice side project!

I have an idea for something you both may like...

Just need to get around to it.

Today, I give you the Tampa Bay Storm.

This set is a mix of new and old. The yellow is more of a gold than what they use now,but still is more of a yellow than gold. The primary helmet is a throwback to the team's previous helmet with the full wordmark. An alternate helmet uses simply the primary logo.

storm_zpsc33033d9.png

As a person that used to go to a lot of Storm games before the league went into limbo, I think you should go with this old look.

2lkxyk4.jpg

Clean up the jersey and pants stripes to match each other, add a secondary tan pants option, and fix the number font. The Storm had easily the best looking Arena Football Jersey at one point, and fixing these small little details would make it perfect.

Archived