DHL - Disneyland Hockey League

monkeypower

Rev your engines for the... Radiator Springs Pistons.

The newest team in the DHL is located on Famous Route 66 and based off of Radiator Springs' most famous resident, Lightning McQueen. The team bears his likeness and colours while the team is named after the piston car part and racing's greatest trophy, the Piston Cup. This is a community owned team and was a bigger boost to the city's economy after Lightning McQueen famously made it his and his racing team's home after his Piston Cup.

Pistonsj_zps59ee6279.png

IEI5Tg1.png

Hidden Mickey guess:

Mcqueen is used for Lightning McQueen from the Pixar movie Cars and 95 is the number on his side.

Would've went with 98 for the year they started the idea. But once again, great concept monkeypower.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

Those gradient numbers... *DROOL*

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

those gradient numbers remind me so much of 90's sports uniforms (see my footer), and i love it.

It looks great, the only thing i dont like is the lightning in the red part of the sleeves (i understand the symbolism) but i just think it would look cleaner without it. Great work, and I followed this series

It's the wonderful world of the ...Paradise Bay Jets.

This is one of the newer teams in the DHL. Their jersey striping is based on the streams of water in the logo. This teams has a rivalry with the Screamers due to the close proximity between the two teams and the Jets use part of the Screamers in their logo. This team is known for their extravagant pre-game effects, goal celebrations and post-game win celebrations.

Jets_zps91fbf888.png

IEI5Tg1.png

Archived