Best/Worst Jersey sponsor matches?

Soundwave721

The thing about sponsor logos is that even though they aren't thought of in the uniform creation process, they can really add or take away from a club's look. What sponsor to jersey/kit matches do you like/hate?

Like:

FA12-Manchester-United-kit-pattern_GROUP

article-2321029-199FCF7E000005DC-426_306

seamon.jpg

Worst:

Only one I can think of right now

del-piero-ternyata-ikuti-perkembangan-ju

ITS A PLANE!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is making me vicariously sad for the NBA.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Bad... so bad.

PHI_primary(FORMATTED).jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On a couple of occasions Hull City have worn the logo of Bonus Electrical on their shirts, the company in question being a locally-based electrical goods wholesaler...

hh24.jpg

Mrs Jaffa greatly favours these shirts as she likes having 'BONUS' written across her chest. I won't be posting a picture of that, mind.

houston.jpg

Amigo Energy with it's sombrero logo is pretty terrible. We have a deregulated electricity market in Texas with plenty of shady / too cheap looking to be stable providers. That logo does not inspire confidence.

I've always felt that the circular BMO logo underneath the Toronto FC crest looks really bad. Like two crests stacked on top of each other.

567017254be23a27bcde.jpg

Not to mention that TORONTO FC is sponsored by the Bank of MONTREAL. If it was the Impact, that would work so much better.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The most appropriate sponsor/club match ever was Dr. Martens and West Ham.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Archived