GotPixels NFL Project 40PLUS-Originals-49ers

GotPixels

I vaguely recall there being a topic related to the striping patterns being somewhat similar in the last go at this. Here is a visual reference of what I was going for. My approach was to modernize but keep the same consistency.

13353317924_4e9190ac66_o.png
13353358245_3a95bbec13_o.jpg

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what did you do to my Cards?!?!?!?! Exterminated the grey facemask, made blue as the primary, and made us look like power rangers?...most of these still keep the teams identity intact, but this does not. I wasn't here for the first go at it so I don't know if others liked them. But for a Cards fan this was extremely painful to look at. I know that sounded harsh, but you've destroyed all identity of them. The rest of your concepts great however I'm not big on what you did to the Titans.

Champ Baileys gone, so you may want to update Denver.

Also, was it planned to have the afc south have all teams from 95-present? There's basically no history there. I'm sure that's been set in stone since last year though.

spacer.png

Guest darkpiranha

Champ Baileys gone, so you may want to update Denver.

Also, was it planned to have the afc south have all teams from 95-present? There's basically no history there. I'm sure that's been set in stone since last year though.

Interesting catch! I'd rather have no history, with the opportunity to create it fresh, than have just a couple of teams with prior history. The closest NFL example is the AFC South, with Titans and Colts the only teams that existed prior to the 90's, and the Jags and Texans being new-ish teams. And until they were put together, they had zero history. But now, there's plenty of history and rivalry. Granted, it's still nothing like the NFC East, but it's there.

Guest darkpiranha

That is awesome. What do you mean by in reverse?

You're getting the final results before you get the team-by-team explanation. GotPixels is thorough in his design process and has valid justifications for every decision he makes, especially when they run counter to expectations, such as his copper Titans re-design. It was all there in the original unveiling of this project, but as he re-releases this project, I'm sure he has a similar team-by-team presentation planned again, with a few tweaks.

Buckle up. It's going to be a fun ride.

Archived