Baseball Hall of Shame: Which cheater should be inducted into the Hall of Fame first?

Tigers6884

I have very strong feelings towards the Baseball Hall of Fame, though in the future, induction may become something of a joke. We're running out of legendary players to induct, not so much in the near future, but perhaps a couple of years later. This to me begs the question: "Will we have to induct cheaters soon?". Now with players like Pedro Martinez, Randy Johnson, John Smoltz, and Ken Griffey Jr on the ballot, this shouldn't be a problem. However, there may be a time when we think of guys like Pete Rose, Shoeless Joe Jackson, and Barry Bonds in a different way. My question to you guys though is "Who should get in first?". I think Shoeless Joe Jackson should get in because he actually had World Series stats than he had regular season stats, whereas Bonds was a proven cheater. My issue with Pete Rose getting in before Shoeless Joe would be that Shoeless Joe was a more complete player. Sure, Charlie Hustle did have a lot of base hits throughout his career, but Shoeless Joe Jackson could also hit for power and was a pretty decent fielder. Though recently watching Field of Dreams may have influenced my opinion. What do you guys think?

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

There are already admitted cheaters in the Hall of Fame. The Hall is full of spitballers, amphetamine users, and probably steroid users, as steroids made their way into baseball in the '60s according to former players. The moral grandstanding voters are doing now is akin to closing the barn door long after the horses already left.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I have very strong feelings towards the Baseball Hall of Fame, though in the future, induction may become something of a joke. We're running out of legendary players to induct, not so much in the near future, but perhaps a couple of years later. This to me begs the question: "Will we have to induct cheaters soon?". Now with players like Pedro Martinez, Randy Johnson, John Smoltz, and Ken Griffey Jr on the ballot, this shouldn't be a problem. However, there may be a time when we think of guys like Pete Rose, Shoeless Joe Jackson, and Barry Bonds in a different way. My question to you guys though is "Who should get in first?". I think Shoeless Joe Jackson should get in because he actually had World Series stats than he had regular season stats, whereas Bonds was a proven cheater. My issue with Pete Rose getting in before Shoeless Joe would be that Shoeless Joe was a more complete player. Sure, Charlie Hustle did have a lot of base hits throughout his career, but Shoeless Joe Jackson could also hit for power and was a pretty decent fielder. Though recently watching Field of Dreams may have influenced my opinion. What do you guys think?

If the movie, Eight Men Out is correct, then Shoeless Joe should be in. He was illiterate and really did not understand what he was doing when he unwillingly agreed to throw the 1919 World Series. In fact, I believe he hit over .300 in the series. That is not really throwing the series. He should be in. Rose and Bonds knew what they were doing and that it was wrong.

Yeah. While the Black Sox fiasco is not the isolated incident it is made out to be by baseball, it should be noted that they did the exact opposite of cheating.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived