Woolley's Lawn Care

derschwigg

For pure design, 2. I'd add some color like grey/silver/white in there, but yeah, two. Maybe make the spade shovel a rake?

Three is okay but his hand/arm is freaking me out.

One is simple and effective and would probably look best on a van or truck.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Third logo is a good idea, but as CS85 said the arm is freaky and there is too much going on.

Second one is awesome, I like its contemporary design (always been a fan) kinda retro, minimalistic but very cool.

First one is simple, really professional and its easily recognizable. If I know anything about design its that simple usually works out great.

Can't wait too see what you end up picking!

I really love the 1st as a standard wordmark. You could use the 3rd as well, just fix the hand. My suggestion is for the hand to give a thumbs up and have him wink. Sure its cheesy and has been done numorous times but its for a reason right? I really like what you have done though, your business already looks very professional! Good work.

I think the little notch on the spade shovel in the second one needs to be turned around. I think that would better represent the shaft coming into the bottom part of the shovel.

The client actually opted to go with the third one, as is!

Fair enough, but for your next project I'd work on your arms/hands so they are not random round nubs. Not to insult your work, which appears very good, but just saying.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I loved #3 but, as others mentioned, the hand is an issue. When it comes to a lawn care business (or any company that deals with spinning blades) having someone with no fingers in the logo doesn't project professionalism. Just me, though.

I could've done a better hand, I simply saw it as a stylistic choice to keep it more round/nubby. I totally see where you're coming from, though.

Number one, the bottom green (grass); cool. But how about the top becomes blue and they're icicles.

I had that thought too! I made it to see how it looks, it looks pretty great because if you don't see it as ice, you see it as sky instead

These are all good logos for a business. First off, #1 is great for a word mark. Like GoNordiques said, I would suggest the upper part of the W being ice blue. I like #2 for being simple but color is needed in it. As for #3, I like the whole layout and the direction you went with it, even with the nubbly hand :) Great work overall!

• 4 months later...

Sorry to post this hear, but I'm having trouble finding the thread that it belongs in...

Did your logo make it into this years Madden, Derschwigg?!

ScreenShot2014-08-07at44022PM_zps47a52fe

Well if you did, congrats!

Yes I did! Thanks! It's been CRAZY tough not telling people for this long - I've known since late April.

Archived