Sports Time Travel: Where Do You Go?

Tigers6884

I'd have to say the Montreal Forum in the mid 1950's, with Maurice & Henri Richard, Beliveau, Jacques Plante, etc. Preferably during the 1955-56 Cup final against Detroit.

I've been to Tiger Stadium several times, but the team was quite crap during the time I watched. I'd love to go back to the '68 Series while the city was tense under the race riots.

Take me with you. Those were awesome points in the history of the Tigers and Red Wings. You'd have guys like Terry Sawchuck and Gordie Howe for the Wings in the Cup final and Al Kaline and Willie Horton for the Tigers. Two very great choices to visit and see the historic members of our favorite teams. Oh, and the fact that you get to see Olympia and Tiger Stadium in their heyday!

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

80s to watch the dynasty Islanders, the 80s Niners, see my Mets win their 1986 title

70s to watch those Rams, Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders, Dolphins teams and of course see those Knicks championships

TYBG

Indo get rolled up like car windows,
Avoiding the policeman them Carl Winslows

I'd like to revise my answer to watching the 1904 Olympics marathon in St. Louis.

It'd be fun to watch the first place winner to drive 11 miles in a car, for the 2nd and 3rd place finishers to be DQ'ed for poisoning themselves, and for the fourth place winner taking an hour to nap halfway through before continuing with the race.

I think I'd also go back to watch the Bad Boy-era Detroit Pistons of the late 1980s. Physical basketball is my kind of basketball!

I can't argue with that, only reason I didn't pick it is because I witnessed a Pistons title. I wasn't into hockey enough the last time the Habs won the Cup, and was minus-1 when the Tigers last won the Series.

The Lions, well, they don't even have anything good to travel back to, lol.

sig.png

1888. Celtic vs Rangers: first ever old firm game. It would be a trip to see it as an old game of soccer before it turned into the intense holy war from hell.

1937. Scotland vs England. 149,000 people pack Hampden park to its record capacity to see Scotland beat England 3-1

1967. Scotland vs England at Wembley. Scotland wins 3-2 over the England team that won the World Cup the year before. Oh and there were only 99,000 people at that game

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Then of course I would go to some Jazz game in Utah and New Orleans. I'd love to watch Pistol Pete in his prime. But, I'd also make sure to go to Game 7 of the 1971 ABA Finals. I would have LOVED to have been there to celebrate the Stars win.

As far as CHANGING history I would try to keep the Dodgers in Brooklyn. I would also try to convince the Jazz to not sign Gail Goodrich. Not only did that keep Magic Johnson off the team, but essentially Moses Malone as well, because the Jazz wanted a first round pick back in letting him go in the ABA dispersal draft that went to the Lakers in the Goodrich trade. Could you imagine Pistol Pete, Magic and Moses all on the same team? Oy!

Anyways ... this is fun!

I don't think that Magic would have wanted to play in Utah. He probably would have went back to school if they were going to win the lottery.

Although, if they didn't have Goodrich, and they got Moses, they may not have been that bad in 1979, so it may not have mattered.

As for me, I wouldn't mind going back to the early-70's with discs and recording equipment and recording sports games off the TV.

My top two choices.

• 1908 the Merkel game...I'd love to be able to see a dead ball era game.
  • 1960 Maz's game 7 home run

To expand on my original post, I cannot believe I forgot the Miracle on Ice.

I'd also love to get to go to MLB games in ballparks I'll never get to see including:

• Tiger Stadium
  • Old Comisky
  • Ebbets Field
  • Polo Grounds
  • Forbes Field
  • And many more

I would love to go back and be there in person for 1987 World Series game 7 and 1991 games 6 and 7. I watched these games but was not there.

From basketball, I'd like to see Jimmy V's championship, Villanova over Georgetown, or any Minneapolis Lakers game.

From football: Any Rose Bowl, "the Play", or a Vikings game at the ol' Met.

From hockey: Any Cup Finals prior to the 1967 expansion.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'd catch a few Leafs Cup wins throughout the 40s, 50s, and 60s.

The 1972 Summit Series, of course.

And then I'd head back to the opening ceremonies of the 1936 Olympics and shoot Hitler.

I'd go back to the early 2000's and watch my Buc's dominate, and of course win the Super Bowl.

Wow, I feel old.

And then I'd head back to the opening ceremonies of the 1936 Olympics and shoot Hitler.

I'd go back to the early 2000's and watch my Buc's dominate, and of course win the Super Bowl.

Wow, I feel old.

as for shooting Hitler

no

this will happen:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HitlersTimeTravelExemptionAct

so long and thanks for all the fish.

Wow, I feel old.
You could not shoot Hitler without having drastic changes to our timeline and history. For some people, that would even lead to them being un-born.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Wow, I feel old.
You could not shoot Hitler without having drastic changes to our timeline and history. For some people, that would even lead to them being un-born.
Exactly. WWII may not have happened, women wouldn't have been able to show they can thrive in the workplace, the 'Baby boom' wouldn't have happened, etc. Etc. (I just finished a paper this morning on WWII, so this is fresh in my mind still)

Anyway, we're getting off topic. I'd go back to see the Patriots play the Packers in the Super Bowl, watch Richard Petty get win #200, and jump forward to see Tennessee play VA Tech at Bristol

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived