College Logo Changes 2014-15

Burkell007

So we have seen VCU's new set, this starts the time of the year where colleges re-brand. here are the others i know of:

Arkansas(new secondary and typeface?)

Illinois(full re-brand)

Florida St(re-fresh??)

Miami??

Syracuse??

Northern Arizona???

and 2 schools i'd like to see re-brand/update

Memphis

Minnesota(i think its time to update the gopher)

any others im missing please add in here

Arkansas isn't changing our primary logo. Just adding what looks to be a front facing secondary logo.

i know but its still a change to everything else but the primary, then might even slightly tweak that to clean it up, sort of what i'm thinking Florida st will do

I have yet to see a credible source mention Northern Arizona rebranding... as an alum, I think we would've heard something by now. New uniforms wouldn't surprise me, though.

i thought i heard something on the boards like a month or so ago. i thought billy b. or somebody in the college basketball thread.

Minnesota just did the rebrand thing a couple years ago. No chance they change the gopher this season. Would prob end up looking like Oregon State's new logo if they did.

they did?? the mothership only has logos from 1986, so that was my understanding.

I have yet to see a credible source mention Northern Arizona rebranding... as an alum, I think we would've heard something by now. New uniforms wouldn't surprise me, though.

i thought i heard something on the boards like a month or so ago. i thought billy b. or somebody in the college basketball thread.

If you're going to track these kinds of things, I'd recommend tracking sources, too. "I heard it from a guy on Reddit" doesn't count as a source :)

I know what post you're referring to, it was in the CFB thread -- someone's (not Billy B) friend works for the university that apparently has an "in." That's about as credible as Reddit, IMO.

Someone in the athletic department told me Milwaukee has a new logo that's apparently based on one of their past designs. The fact that he referred to it as "a logo" has me worried that it'll just be another mark that gets crammed into our already fusterclucked identity package, but it would feel so good to be wrong.

Minnesota just did the rebrand thing a couple years ago. No chance they change the gopher this season. Would prob end up looking like Oregon State's new logo if they did.

they did?? the mothership only has logos from 1986, so that was my understanding.

It was more the font and new football uniforms.

First glimpses of the updated FSU logo.

Looks like it will be some variation of an image already floating around.

13407149065_05b83092a8_o.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

any word about southern miss getting and using a new logo? they still seem to use the eagle head on their sports site, but they took it off the football field and replaced it with the script logo. i know they lost to Iowa about the logo being too similar, it was shortly after that the field got changed. but havent really seen news since.

SFA is supposed to be introducing a new logo. After poor reaction they've rescheduled the release. It's terrible. The current logo has black replacing the red. The new one on the right looks like MS Paint.

http://www.change.org/petitions/stephen-f-austin-state-university-keep-the-sfa-logo

Neither of SFA's logo options, old or new, are good.

SFA is supposed to be introducing a new logo. After poor reaction they've rescheduled the release. It's terrible. The current logo has black replacing the red. The new one on the right looks like MS Paint.

http://www.change.org/petitions/stephen-f-austin-state-university-keep-the-sfa-logo

Neither of SFA's logo options, old or new, are good.

I'm a bigger fan of the mostly unused secondary logos for SFA. And Iona is a downgrade IMO

To the best of my knowledge Syracuse is just overhauling its uniforms in the next year. It was rumored to come about this past season for football and hoops due to the ACC move, but aside from the new alternate helmet there wasn't anything that ended up going to fruition. I'd imagine the block S is staying around as the primary. I'm totally fine with that.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Archived